News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Pretty much anything by The Who or the Beatles and since they are now calling stuff from the early 90's classic, grunge.
I never could stand it and especially Nirvana. Extremely overrated.

71charger_fan

"Anything buy the Who, can't stand them!"

I'd agree to listen to everything else the Who ever recorded without complaint if they'd just never play that crappy "Magic Bus" again.

Definite agreement on "Southern Man."

Plus whoever did that horrible "Tied to the Whippin' Post" piece of crap.

How about the always popular "Color My World" by Chicago. Or did they spell it colour? 

71bee

Quote from: GTX on December 08, 2005, 01:35:50 PM
and since they are now calling stuff from the early 90's classic, grunge.

I agree that Nirvana was defifitely over-rated, but grunge was a welcome site for me! it finally got rid of all that awful "hair metal" that was polluting the air waves. :yesnod:

hrspwr

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 30, 2005, 09:40:18 AM
Anyone who turns on a radio these days for the very first time & tunes into a classic rock station, or even an oldies station, would think that there were only 9 bands or singers that ever existed from the 1950's all the way to the 1970's. In that same span, there were only 13 songs ever recorded in total. I hate hearing all of them over, & over, & over, so I stopped listening to the radio except for college stations that play different things.

The local classic rock station has a 4 hour pre-recorded loop that includes about 2 hours of advertising. It's pretty unbearable. A little variety would go a long way.
It's conglomerates like this that are ruining music stations on the airwaves for everyone.
They take polls to find out what you here and where you heard it and then only play what you want to hear on the station they want you to hear it on in the area you live in.
That's why the variety is gone on classic rock stations as well as other music stations.
This way they can guarantee the advertisers an audience that will hear the annoying advertisements.
There,my attack is complete! :flame:

I sure miss live DJs, how about a "B" side once in a while??

Politicians are like diapers. Both need to be changed frequently, for the same reason.

Brock Samson

Well there's a trend here,..

most folks posting have amazingly similar dis-likes,...

don't like the Doors, or The Who, Neal Young, the Beatles or the Police.

personally I just can't stand Rod Stewart...

GTX

I was only marginally into the metal stuff of the 80's but the grunge movement shoved me directly into the metal stuff.

I'd rather have my ears split by screaming platinim blonde men in spandex that listen to flannel grunge......or rap - oh, sorry now it's called hip hop to try to clean up the image. It all went crashing down hill with grunge and then rap in my opinion.

Given a choice I'll usually take true classic rock over either. Give me Bob Seger etc.

Quote from: 71bee on December 10, 2005, 10:38:22 AM

I agree that Nirvana was defifitely over-rated, but grunge was a welcome site for me! it finally got rid of all that awful "hair metal" that was polluting the air waves. :yesnod:

71bee

Quote from: GTX on December 11, 2005, 11:48:24 PM

Given a choice I'll usually take true classic rock over either. Give me Bob Seger etc.

:o... :brickwall:

my73charger

Quote from: GTX on December 11, 2005, 11:48:24 PM
I was only marginally into the metal stuff of the 80's but the grunge movement shoved me directly into the metal stuff.

I'd rather have my ears split by screaming platinim blonde men in spandex that listen to flannel grunge......or rap - oh, sorry now it's called hip hop to try to clean up the image. It all went crashing down hill with grunge and then rap in my opinion.

Quote from: 71bee on December 10, 2005, 10:38:22 AM

Exactly how I feel about grunge.  It is sickening...very grungey.... :sick: :puke:

71charger_fan

It's been a year since this was an active thread and we've had quite a few new members. Having someone at work go on about how much she loved Sting and the Police made me remember this since I absolutely hate Sting and the Police. What "classics" do those of us that have joined in the last year hate?

TylerCharger69

Classic rock I absolutely CAN NOT stand?         Bob Dylan........damn he sucks.   Couldn't carry a tune if it had a handle on it.    And  "Babe"  by Styx.....that has to be one of the gayest songs of all time.  If you want to categorize that as rock....I don't anyway,   but Billboard apparently does.

derailed

Most of the earlier shit that the beattles produced makes me want to punch myself in the jimmy.

TylerCharger69

Oh!!....and I forgot!!!   Here's a real ball-squeezer........Hall and Oates!!!    Now that'll make you jump in the bathtub and slit your wrists!!!

hemihead

One thing have noticed in this thread,and not to be technical but,alot of these bands are " Pop" bands , not Rock. Just throwing that out there because I never have and never will listen to "Pop".
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Brock Samson

TylerCharger69

TylerCharger69

Oh...man!!!   I just got back from taking a friend of mine to the doctor for a back injury.    They had the classic rock station on in the waiting room, and I believe I have the worst song of all time classic rock.   "Seasons in the Sun".    DAMMIT!!!   I had to walk out of there!!!

PocketThunder

ground control to major tom..... or whatever the name of that song is...  :puke:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TylerCharger69

Oh...man...give us time to think...and we can really scrape the bottom of the barrel!!!...lol

BlueSS454

I hate with a passion, Led Zeppelin, and I mean hate with a passion.  If I had a flux capacitor, I would go back in time and murder Robert Plant while he was still a baby.
Tom Rightler

Chryco Psycho

Janis Joplin , Air Supply ,Sock of Fleagulls,  Devo , U2 [overplyed] , Meatloafer [overplayed to death] , Peter Frampton Drops dead [really overplayed to death]

Big Sugar

KISS SUCKS !!.............nuff said...

Oh and so does "John I can't sing worth a shit Melonncamp"

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

chargerboy69

Quote from: Big Sugar on December 19, 2006, 12:35:06 AM

Ron

Thems fightin words ;) Thats my band. . . Gene and the boys kick a$$. Though the song Rock and Roll all Night has gotton quite old to listen to.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Manfred318

Quote from: Big Sugar on December 19, 2006, 12:35:06 AM

Ron
:iagree:
one song I absolutely hate with a passion is "Hotel California"

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

bull

Quote from: BigBadCharger on December 07, 2005, 02:12:15 AM
Anything buy the Who, can't stand them!  :icon_smile_angry:

I'm pretty much the same way when it comes to  Led Zepplin and to some extent, Aerosmith. Both are greatly overrated IMO.

Manfred318

I was thinking on it a bit more and I thought to my self I should come up with a little list of bands I despise so here it is, in no particular order
Van Halen
Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin (to a lesser extent)
Bruce Springsteen
Poison (hair metal in general)
Nirvana
Then I thought now how about a small list of bands I like, in no particular order
The Doors
Blue Oyster Cult
Ronnie James Dio (any of the various bands he was in)
Ted Nugent
Rush
Cream

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.