News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

would I be stupid to pass on a challenger convertible for $8k

Started by tripleblkr/t, November 16, 2009, 03:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripleblkr/t

I can buy a 70 challenger convertible 318 auto car for $8k. Car is basically a rolling shell but with most of the parts to finish it up, new quarters has solid doors and nice fenders on it right now. The frame is totally rust free. The upper cowl piece has been removed and a new solid piece is sitting on it ready to be wielded on. A ralley hood has been added to it as well. Has all the interior and power top that is rust free. Tail panel also need to be replaced but has a nice solid one that goes with it. My money is a little tight right now after buying my most recent car find and starting up my new business, but I don't think I can pass up on this deal. I've been thinking about taking a small commercial loan out for it right now so that the payment will be small(only interest) and turn it into a personal loan when my funds add back up. I've also got a little girl on the way and wanted this buy this car around the same time she was born and keep it for her and have it ready for her to drive when shes of age to drive. Just to give you an idea of what the car looks like as condition it looks allot like this in my picture but a 70.

b5blue

Pass, your a marked man with a daughter on the way.18 years is a looooonnnngggg way off. (my daughter just turned 18 and felt like 30 but she's a stubborn headstrong turd like her dad)  :Twocents:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

If you've got a place to store it and have the cash, why not? If you get in trouble you could probably make your money back and then some.

tripleblkr/t

(lol)I still have my very first car I've ever owned and I was going to give her that but it's a 340 4 speed 69 dart and may be alittle to much :scratchchin:. I was thinking this 318 car with an auto might be just right I just hate buying somthing taking a loan out for it.

Blown70

WOW, I dont really think you can go wrong with that price.  Even if you have to roll it later you should get every dime back and more.... Call it an investment..... :shruggy:

TeeWJay426

Quote from: Blown70 on November 16, 2009, 03:21:11 PM
WOW, I dont really think you can go wrong with that price.  Even if you have to roll it later you should get every dime back and more.... Call it an investment..... :shruggy:

:iagree:   What he said.......
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

tripleblkr/t

Ya, you guys are probably right, an interest only loan on $8k probably wouldn't be much each month. I'll just take it out for 6 months and see where I'm at then. My business (tanning salon) usually picks up right about now so I should sitting alittle better pretty soon hopefully. 

gasoline_24

If you pass on it let me know.  I would love to own that car.,

tripleblkr/t

Will do, I'll go to the bank in the morning to see what they can do for me and if they can give a small enough payment I'll do it.  The owner wants me to pick it up Saturday morning and told me to bring a couple trucks to put all the parts in.

PocketThunder

I agree, buy this car now and worry about paying for it later.  :yesnod:   :yesnod:   :yesnod:   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

RD

you sure that is a 70?  that car has a 71 grille... whats the VIN?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bronzeT5

Quote from: RD on November 16, 2009, 07:18:21 PM

"Just to give you an idea of what the car looks like as condition it looks allot like this in my picture but a 70. "

;)

PS: I agree with Blown70 :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Silver R/T

there was a local 70 roller with 318 for $4500. I still can't believe I let it slip away. Of course room is a another problem too.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 16, 2009, 07:26:15 PM
Quote from: RD on November 16, 2009, 07:18:21 PM

"Just to give you an idea of what the car looks like as condition it looks allot like this in my picture but a 70. "

;)

PS: I agree with Blown70 :yesnod:

LOL.. i read that whole paragraph twice to see if he mentioned something in relation to a VIN.. I TOTALLY MISSED THAT OR CHOSE NOT TO SEE IT! lol thanks for the heads up cody.. i got a chuckle out of that.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

tripleblkr/t

The one in the picture is not the actual car, I just posted a picture so you could see what condition the one that I wanted to buy is in and it's very similar. The challenger in the picture is a real b5 blue 71 challenger 383 4 speed car that I almost bought. It was either that car or the white 70 r/t challenger ragtop that I just picked up. He wanted $28k for the one in the picture but it's numbers matching and I noticed it still has the broadcast sheet in the back seat. The car came with tons of NOS parts.

tripleblkr/t

I didn't bring my camera with me when I looked at this 318 car, if it works out at the bank tomorrow I'll post some of it this weekend.

jaak

Looks like a good deal, but my  :Twocents: ... as a Father of 3 kids... I wouldn't finance a project car. But thats just me, if you can swing it go for it.

Jason

tripleblkr/t

We'll it looks like I'm going to try and swing it, used my new challenger as collateral for this one and it made getting the loan for this one really easy.  I'm pretty excited about picking it up this weekend, man I love mopars!! I think picking these cars up is my favorite part. Thanks for your input guys you talked me right into it ;).

moparstuart

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on November 18, 2009, 09:56:12 AM
We'll it looks like I'm going to try and swing it, used my new challenger as collateral for this one and it made getting the loan for this one really easy.  I'm pretty excited about picking it up this weekend, man I love mopars!! I think picking these cars up is my favorite part. Thanks for your input guys you talked me right into it ;).
i think you made a sound investment   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on November 18, 2009, 12:02:00 PM
Quote from: tripleblkr/t on November 18, 2009, 09:56:12 AM
i think you made a sound investment   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I think he stole it for that price!   :o  :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

tripleblkr/t

I thought I'd add some updates to how it all went, ended up buying it and turning it into a driver to beat around in. I've only got a grand into beside the cost to buy it, so I've got a total of 9k into it. Just painted the motor out last night and it should be ready to drop in it this weekend.

tripleblkr/t

I think I may of confused some of you guys guy posting a picture of my nice white 383 4 speed r/t. That's the one I've had for a while and used for getting a loan for my beater ragtop. Here's some more...

tripleblkr/t

I painted and burned through in a bunch of spots to make it look like original paint(lol)

tripleblkr/t

Painted the hood but still need to sand it and buff it. Bought a satin black hood treatment stripe. It's also got the side strip but it's really hard to see in the pictures.