News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has there ever been a 'Clone Meet'?

Started by nakita7, November 16, 2009, 02:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nakita7

Just wondering? I imagine they usually go to a Winged Warrior event.

Charger-Bodie

Ive often thought that there should be seperate classes for clones at shows....Like as in how well you cloned the real thing. I have never heard of a seperate meet for them though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

just come on out and bring them to the winged warriors meet
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

The wingcar clones are not only welcomed to the Winged Warriors National Meet, they are encouraged to attend. You know, I think that most owners of real wingcars appreciate the time, cost and effort that goes into building a replica.   
I've seen where more than one wingcar owner has mentioned building a clone/recreation of his real wingcar to drive on cruise night, etc.

If the cloners would like to park together, that can certainly be arranged. The more, the merrier.

I've been trying to talk Phil into bringing his Petty clone up for the event. Phil, are you coming? Would love to see the car there.

Anyone know Mike Musto personally? Would be nice to see Mr. Angrier there as well.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Aero426

The first clone that showed up was in 1976 at Talladega.  Clones have always been welcomed. 

nascarxx29

When my friend brought out his superbird convertible.That was built with our donor superbird using all real parts.They put us in with all the real wingcars.Even though we had it registered as a modified b body.And we stole all the attention.And most of those wingcar owners were not happy.Mainly because of all the foot traffic while they were trying to detailing there cars 
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

hotrod98

I can honestly say that if a nice clone beats my real bird out at a car show that I would not be upset.
I can see why that would happen.
Most of the real wingcar owners want to keep their cars as original as possible while the cloners have the freedom to do whatever it takes to make their cars perfect.

Charles Addams

billssuperbird

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 16, 2009, 06:13:40 PM
The wingcar clones are not only welcomed to the Winged Warriors National Meet, they are encouraged to attend. You know, I think that most owners of real wingcars appreciate the time, cost and effort that goes into building a replica.  
I've seen where more than one wingcar owner has mentioned building a clone/recreation of his real wingcar to drive on cruise night, etc.

If the cloners would like to park together, that can certainly be arranged. The more, the merrier.

I've been trying to talk Phil into bringing his Petty clone up for the event. Phil, are you coming? Would love to see the car there.

Anyone know Mike Musto personally? Would be nice to see Mr. Angrier there as well.

I love your black bird. I got a call back in 1988 from someone that wanted to buy my B5 blue Daytona clone (Below: as seen on the National Auto Trader in 1988). He was a Bird owner that just had his bird rear ended and said he will not drive it for rec anymore and wanted the clone I made for that purpose. I had already sold it before he called. It would be cool to find that guy who called me back in the late 80's and even find out that he is on this board.

I miss this car. Factory white Interior: I made that nose -

hotrod98

Dane, Sure would be great if you could come down for the meet. I know it's a long trip for you. The up side is Branson's a nice place to visit.

My black Superbird is now sitting in a container all safe and sound, waiting for it's long voyage. While my car is a real bird, it's going to be driven like a clone. I've made myself that promise. No worries, no hesitations, no regrets.

Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 17, 2009, 09:24:34 PM
Dane, Sure would be great if you could come down for the meet. I know it's a long trip for you. The up side is Branson's a nice place to visit.

My black Superbird is now sitting in a container all safe and sound, waiting for it's long voyage. While my car is a real bird, it's going to be driven like a clone. I've made myself that promise. No worries, no hesitations, no regrets.
One of these days - It is so far. The left coast people need a west coast Aero event. One day - not soon - I will traitor my Daytona with my Sub to some Back East Shows.

hotrod98

Would be nice for you to find two or three shows to attend to make the trip worth it.
We cluster things together to make a trip more enjoyable. That's why we go to Vegas every year in early November. We attend the NHRA race, the Sema show, the NACE trade show and sometimes the NHRA divisional race the following weekend. No gambling though. Not into that. I save my money for Mopar parts.

Charles Addams

nakita7

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 16, 2009, 04:37:37 PM
Ive often thought that there should be seperate classes for clones at shows....Like as in how well you cloned the real thing. I have never heard of a seperate meet for them though.

Excellent idea! I would love to see an 'All Clone Show'.

superbirdtom

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 17, 2009, 11:22:03 PM
Would be nice for you to find two or three shows to attend to make the trip worth it.
We cluster things together to make a trip more enjoyable. That's why we go to Vegas every year in early November. We attend the NHRA race, the Sema show, the NACE trade show and sometimes the NHRA divisional race the following weekend. No gambling though. Not into that. I save my money for Mopar parts.

you know the joe dirt car was jim radkes,  He told me himself  when I talked to him a couple years ago. good to see you listing your bird!  I told them to put your container deep in the bowles of the barge  so a freak storm could not possibly wash it over.

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 19, 2009, 03:08:34 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on November 17, 2009, 11:22:03 PM

you know the joe dirt car was jim radkes,  He told me himself  when I talked to him a couple years ago. good to see you listing your bird!  I told them to put your container deep in the bowles of the barge  so a freak storm could not possibly wash it over.
freak storm  oh my    :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :puke:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

superbirdtom

yeah last week there were 3 days of 100 mph+ winds and 25 ft seas.    but louisiana gets a breeze and its all over national news

4cruzin

:scratchchin: Probably never happen as there really is no real clones out there IMO.   :eyes:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 4cruzin on November 19, 2009, 06:22:57 PM
:scratchchin: Probably never happen as there really is no real clones out there IMO.   :eyes:

What is that supposed to mean??
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

FJ5WING

Quote from: nakita7 on November 18, 2009, 01:12:30 PM

why would anyone want to do this? please explain in case its not just me.
wingless now, but still around.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: FJ5WING on November 19, 2009, 06:36:27 PM
Quote from: nakita7 on November 18, 2009, 01:12:30 PM

why would anyone want to do this? please explain in case its not just me.

I dont think there should be a seperate event....Just think it would be cool if a clone could be judged for how well it was cloned.

.....and also then you could have a better chance of not getting the old "thats not even a real one" crap from people,as some of us are simply not able to have a real original wing car.....Even if everyone had enuf money to have one there still wouldnt be enuf cars go around.

hotrod98

I hate to admit this since I'm listed as one of the hosts for the wingcar event, but I don't think there's any judging or trophies. I could be wrong, but I've never heard anyone mention anything about it being a judged event.

To me it's enough just to see all of the wingcars in one place.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 19, 2009, 08:18:32 PM
I hate to admit this since I'm listed as one of the hosts for the wingcar event, but I don't think there's any judging or trophies. I could be wrong, but I've never heard anyone mention anything about it being a judged event.

To me it's enough just to see all of the wingcars in one place.  :icon_smile_big:

I dont so much mean at a wing car event. I mean at say a local Mopar only car show.

hotrod98

Quote from: superbirdtom on November 19, 2009, 03:13:51 PM
yeah last week there were 3 days of 100 mph+ winds and 25 ft seas.    but louisiana gets a breeze and its all over national news

Since you insured it for so much, we were hoping it would fall off of the ship and then we could buy two Superbirds with the insurance money.  :coolgleamA:

Charles Addams

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701