News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tire sag?

Started by 72charger440, November 15, 2009, 01:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72charger440

well i drove my charger finally for the first time today and once i got back i parked it and i noticed that the top of both front tires were bowing out and the bottoms were bowing in. what could cause this bad ball joint maybe?
72 charger SE 440 big block  
mopar or no car!!!!

BigBlackDodge

Have you had the front end aligned?

BBD

72charger440

no i havent had that done yet that might be a good idea.
mopar or no car!!!!

HPP

That change is camber. You now have positive, which sucks for driving. It typically is caused by the upper control arm bushings that are worn or trashed, or eccentrics that are not tightened down. Get it to an alignment shop, ask for as much positive caster as possible, up to 4-5* while still getting 0 to negative .5 camber.

72charger440

cool thanks hpp i think that everything on my car was trashed because my car came from some little town in az named happyjack and most of that town looked like dirt roads and when i went 2 replace the wheel bearing on it the driver side spindel was a 13 and the passenger side was a 11 so im guessing the whole suspension on that car is close to b eing shot or is shot. thanks for the advice
mopar or no car!!!!