News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

9-1/4 rear end question

Started by troy.70R/T, November 13, 2009, 07:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

Here you go!!  :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

troy.70R/T

Thankyou. I really like that look :2thumbs:

Cooter

The EASIEST way to tell if a rear is a Sure grip or not without going in it, would be to try to jack up one side of the car with the trans in neutral and NO LOCKED REAR BRAKES, then try and turn one wheel independent of the other...If iut turns, then it's a peg leg, if not, or is VERY hard to turn, then Most likely, it's a Sure grip.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

troy.70R/T

Alright that's what I kind of thought. Thanks again for all you help Cooter.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Moparbob

Quote from: RD on November 13, 2009, 09:34:31 PM
personally, the 9 1/4 aint that bad.  I had a suregrip unit in one in my 87 ramcharger.  All the 1/2 dodge trucks up to at least 2007 have the 9 1/4 rear end in them still.  they were the mainstay for all full size trucks from 94 on up.  Because of this, you will find a lot of them in junkyards, with and without suregrips.

the 9 1/4 layout is just like the 8 1/4 that you may find in a, b, and c bodies.  i have a friend that runs one in derby and it lasts quite well.  the one in my '05 ram takes a lot of abuse (hehe).

Hi,

I have a 73 Charger 9 1/4. So you are saying up to 2007 the 9 1/4s are the same? How can you tell if its a sure grip without pulling the cover?
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.