News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHAT IS A VALVE SPACER KIT ??????

Started by partsalot, November 11, 2009, 05:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

partsalot

I have recently seen a kit that is labeled as "Valve Spacer Package".  It is Chrysler # 4131098.  It comes in a nice blue plastic carring case and has 80 measuring  pieces.  Each piece is round about the size of a .50 cent coin.  Most of the 80 pieces vary slightly in thickness and has a "mm" number printed on one side.  What is this kit used for and what would it cost to get one????  Thanks in advance.

Mike
partsalot   :shruggy:

71superbee

Not sure, but I recall back in the 80's we had a kit similar to what you are describing and it was used to adjust the valves on the 1.7 liter ? Omnis and Horizons........like I say I am not sure

I did check the part # with Chrysler and it has been discontinued, but had a dealer cost of 35.00 and retailed for 58.33

partsalot

Added info to help answer question:
According to my notes this 80 piece kit is divided into 26 different sizes.  The thickness ranges from 3.00mm to 4.25mm.  Each size increases by .05mm.  Each
coin-looking piece is extremely smooth on both sides and they all have a 1 7/32" dia. Some sizes come in 2's. Other sizes come in 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's & 8's.  73 pieces are sliver in color with 7 pieces in black.  I guess a craftsman who has actually used this valve spacer kit would know why the color difference exists.   Whatever this kit is used for I get the impression that this kit is for precision work.  I would like to post a picture showing this kit but I don't know how.  Thanks to 71superbee &  to all other D.C. forum members who kindly respond to this educational question.     :scratchchin: