News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What topic regarding cars/classic cars can I use for an essay?

Started by elanmars, November 01, 2009, 10:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

I'm horrible at writing essays but I need to get through this class.

The essay has to be about proposing a solution to a problem. it must have the following: Introduction, Background, The Problem, Proposed Solutions, The Future.

Any topic suggestions are totally welcome!!

Teacher suggested I choose something I'm familiar with and I thought maybe a topic dealing with our beloved old beasts, stating a problem and offering solution to it, might be up my alley.

But what to talk about? what to "research" to back up or counter? etc.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

69DodgeCharger

Introduction - A very brief overview of the history of the automobile up until it the Golden Age which most people agree began around 1950. The muscle car era, the gas crunch of the early 70's. The move to small cars. You could note a few examples of models prior to that that are standout. The big Packards and V-12/V-16? Cars (Lincolns and Cadillacs?). The Airflow, The Dusenberg, Cord? Auburn that kind of thing. As mentioned before it should be brief and include all eras of automobile design/production/use up until present day.

Background- What caused these designs to come about? Were they a product of need (Model A/ Model T) and so forth. A symbol of wealth and prestige? How and why were the models designed and developed. Again this must be a brief overview of each "era" of the automobile. The changover in the early 40's of the Auto companies to support the war machine and the effect on design and production. Again be brief. But informative.

The Problem - Pollution, Safety concerns,(tires, seatbelts, glass) Enviromental concerns, Political Backlash, etc. How? Why? When Who were the major players that got these changes moving?

Solutions - The advent of safety laws and regulations, enviromental requirements, improvements to the product and worker safety, product reliability. Changes to the production methods. This should include the appropriate regulatory agencies and legislation and how they came about. Who pushed these issues into the public awareness. Include the  UAW and their role.

The Future - The obsolescence of the fossil fuel vehicle and internal combustion engine. The advent of electronics to operate the vehicle and record data, Future safety innovations and driver convenience features. The reduction of greenhouse gases from autos. Electric cars, fuel cells,  I could go on and on but you should be getting the general idea.

You could also mention things like the Tucker (Years ahead of it's time and crushed by the established companies) The Chrysler turbine cars, vehicles that should have came to pass, but never did. The birth of the muscle car. Like I said this could go on for a long time but your Professor/Teacher doesn't want to read a novel. They need the most information they can get in the most condensed, but understandable form.

Good Luck!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Alaskan_TA

An essay about how forest fires & volcanoes do more harm to the environment than all mankind combined would be a refreshing one to read.  :yesnod:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 02, 2009, 01:20:06 AM
An essay about how forest fires & volcanoes do more harm to the environment than all mankind combined would be a refreshing one to read.  :yesnod:

:iagree:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Arthu®

How long must this essay be? If it is a short essay (as in 1-3 pages) stick to a very specific problem or you will end up saying a lot but never making a case.

For a short essay a good topic (which was discussed here a couple of weeks ago) could be how the financial crisis and economic downturn effects the aftermarket parts companies.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

elanmars

thanks guys, some good ideas I can use so far!

the essay must be 5-6 pages and I have to use at least 5 sources.

it has to be a problem and I must offer the solution-can't be something that's already been solved-unless it was solved poorly and needs improvement.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Cooter

An essay on how Big Business's can send pluming clouds of god knows what out of there Smoke stacks and the percentages between them and the Automobile....I'd read it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Brock Samson

Off the top,.. I'd like someone to research the advantages of keeping older cars around instead of making new ones...

Magnumcharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 02, 2009, 12:33:24 PM
Off the top,.. I'd like someone to research the advantages of keeping older cars around instead of making new ones...

The very best case for recycling!!!!!!!!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on November 02, 2009, 05:30:59 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on November 02, 2009, 12:33:24 PM

The very best case for recycling!!!!!!!!!
a hot topic right now is the cash for clunkers fiasco . lots of good info out there on that right now . Plus it' s current events  ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: elanmars on November 02, 2009, 09:20:02 AM
I must offer the solution

In that case....

Air dropping extreme enviromentalists on forest fires & volcanoes in an effort to put them out perhaps?  ;)

Just thinking out loud, humans are mostly water after all.  It would make a most interesting essay.  :smilielol:

wayfast1500

What kind of sources do you need?  I know in my courses most professors require atliest a few book sources and only one or two internet sources.  Most of my topics are chosen/changed based on the avalibilty of books on the topic.

RD

:hah:
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 02, 2009, 08:27:36 PM

In that case....

Air dropping extreme enviromentalists on forest fires & volcanoes in an effort to put them out perhaps?  ;)

Just thinking out loud, humans are mostly water after all.  It would make a most interesting essay.  :smilielol:

bhwhahahahhahahahhahhahha  :rofl: :rofl:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Tilar

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on November 02, 2009, 08:27:36 PM

In that case....

Air dropping extreme enviromentalists on forest fires & volcanoes in an effort to put them out perhaps?  ;)

Just thinking out loud, humans are mostly water after all.  It would make a most interesting essay.  :smilielol:

I like the way you think.  :smilielol:  And I can think of at least one that would be first in line...  :scratchchin:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.