News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bucket seat hog ring pliers

Started by rudyjrusa, October 26, 2009, 08:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

is this what i use to place my bucket seat fabric onto the frame??

Nassau1969

Yes,  Also use a sheet of plastic when you pull the seat covers over the seat foam, then slide the plastic out and then use the clips. It works fantastic.

rudyjrusa

what should i use to heat up the vinyl so i can work with it??

twodko

Nassau 1969 is correct, those are the fasteners to use with auto upholstery. As far as "heating" the new seat covers, if its nice out where you live set them out in the sun for a while if not an upholstery steamer wil soften your new covers.
One trick I've used getting new upholstery over seat foam is to use a heavy duty lawn trash bag and cover the foam with it. Bunch the lose end of the bag around the end of a shopvac hose secure it with duct tape. It helps to have another set of hands here too. Turn the vac on to suck out all the air in the plastic bag which will also compress the foam enough to easily slip your new seat upholstery over it. Good luck!

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!