News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Reassembly (Beers Third gen)

Started by Beer, October 25, 2009, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

i was waiting for you guys to meet up  :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Beer

Quote from: 71383bee on January 31, 2010, 10:57:42 PM
i see a theme here... :scratchchin:

Nice looking ride!  It's good to see FC7 on a 73.  This body style looks great in this color.

Thanks!

Still not sure if I am gonna do any stripes, I would like to do the 73 Ralley stripes...but the ball and chain wants to leave it as is or she wants the bumble bee rear stripe...

Interior will be Black, Bench seats.

Was hoping to have it on the road this summer, thats getting rolled back to Fall now.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

71383bee

I think the V21 hood treatment and the 73 style stripes would look real good.  It's kind of like what I would imagine if Dodge offered this color in 73. 

Go for it!   :2thumbs:
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

71 Bee Man

That repro valance you bought.....are you happy with it ? I'm half thinking of getting one myself, but the postage to Australia is liable to be more than the valance.....maybe I should go "used" ???

Peter
Sydney, Austeralia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Skyview69

FLG

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on February 28, 2010, 10:42:38 PM
That repro valance you bought.....are you happy with it ? I'm half thinking of getting one myself, but the postage to Australia is liable to be more than the valance.....maybe I should go "used" ???

Peter
Sydney, Austeralia.

With the work you will need to do to get the used one straight, its probably worth it.

BTW, coming along great beer!!

charger_cody

Beer

Progress is stopped right now, funds are diverted to the summer daily driver (spun to rod bearings at the track in Oct  :icon_smile_dissapprove:) and getting a new stroker for that (383 LS6 all forged).  Progress on the charger should pick back up in June.  Shooting for on the road in the late fall of this year.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

charger_cody

Well alright man i'm looking forward to it.
cody

chargd72

Great thread!!!  :2thumbs:

Will be useful when I'm reassembling my small block engine bay.

Looking forward to more.       :popcrn:

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Wicked72

M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Beer

May be able to show some progress next couple weeks.

The tires/Backspacing do not have an issue, it just looked like it from the photos.

Hope to put in the front Brake lines
Install Black steering wheel
Install dash

Here is a better pic of tires/rims outside.

71383bee

Quote from: Beer on April 12, 2010, 08:55:24 AM
May be able to show some progress next couple weeks.

The tires/Backspacing do not have an issue, it just looked like it from the photos.

Hope to put in the front Brake lines
Install Black steering wheel
Install dash

Here is a better pic of tires/rims outside.

Great minds think alike!  You're making a believer out of me that FC7 can work on the 73/74's! 

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

CDN72SE

Just used your headlight assembly as a reference  :2thumbs:, thanks for posting the pics and I hope things are going well.
1972 Charger SE

Beer

I get home friday with the new 382 in my 99...SO I can get back to the Charger at hand!

This time out on the rig I got the remaining door panels.  Will be putting them in within two weeks.  Will show pics. all new door and rear panels uppers and lowers.  Ordered them about five weeks ago, the last ones (uppers) showed up at the house last week (legendary interiors).

Jim

Beer

OK, back on the project!

A core junkyard Dashtop was sent to Just Dashes with their form you fill out online.  It was $60 to ship Maine to California.  Took about 2 weeks and they got back to me.  They are gonna redo it in Black (the one I sent was pretty rough shape!) $781 shipped back to me.  This free's up the one I did a Dashpad thread on, so that will be for sale (Search the thread if ya want it).

I got new interior Door panels from Legendary, I thought it was the whole door panel but it was not, was pretty much door skins.  Dropped those off at the local uphostry shop.

Getting the Dash back (said 3-4 weeks so that will be end Nov) will then allow me to put the instrument/Dash etc in with the windshield out.  Once the dash is in, the car will go back to the body shop for windshield install and the rear Valance w/ Cutouts painted and put on....

Looking to buy the 727 tranny (leaning towards Cope Racing, but may go local) and convertor in Dec, hoping da car will be on the road May 2011 (LOL think was two years off my first estimate).

Also need to replumb new brake lines and put in a Black steering column/wheel.

Will update with pics when able.

Jim

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

mlomaka

Wow, looks really good so far. I also like that color on these cars as well, though I may be a little biased. One tip I was getting ready to do on my 74 when I had it, was in order to deal with the old crusty rubber strips that fill the gap when they had to push the bumpers out with the new bumper law in 72/72, is to get 71/72 bumper mounts. I feel this also cleans the lines up as it brings the bumpers more flush instead of protruding out from the body. Those bumpers are a pain, and are heavy. I actually mounted the bumpers to the car with the mounts attached to the bumpers. It made it easier.

Keep us posted,
Mike
Mike Lomaka

FLG

Quote from: Beer on October 19, 2010, 02:50:09 PM
OK, back on the project!

A core junkyard Dashtop was sent to Just Dashes with their form you fill out online.  It was $60 to ship Maine to California.  Took about 2 weeks and they got back to me.  They are gonna redo it in Black (the one I sent was pretty rough shape!) $781 shipped back to me.  This free's up the one I did a Dashpad thread on, so that will be for sale (Search the thread if ya want it).

I got new interior Door panels from Legendary, I thought it was the whole door panel but it was not, was pretty much door skins.  Dropped those off at the local uphostry shop.

Getting the Dash back (said 3-4 weeks so that will be end Nov) will then allow me to put the instrument/Dash etc in with the windshield out.  Once the dash is in, the car will go back to the body shop for windshield install and the rear Valance w/ Cutouts painted and put on....

Looking to buy the 727 tranny (leaning towards Cope Racing, but may go local) and convertor in Dec, hoping da car will be on the road May 2011 (LOL think was two years off my first estimate).

Also need to replumb new brake lines and put in a Black steering column/wheel.

Will update with pics when able.

Jim

Jim,

I called cope, i called coan...all EXPENSIVE...got in touch with RD and hes building mine for A LOT less than either..might want to get in touch with him  :2thumbs:

Whats your tire sizes and rim backspacing?

red79

Hey Jim,
I recently fitted a VFN bulge hood to my 72' project, and it looks and fits great. I'm curious how you plan to fit the windshield sprayers (since there's no vent grille)--maybe just under the back edge, at a slightly sharper angle?

Thanks,
Matt

Beer

FLG I will shoot RD a PM when I get closer to needing the tranny (Dec/Jan-ish), I started a direct port Nitrous for it (Edelbrock RPM Small Block intake tapped for 1/8 NPT nozzles with 8 Nitrous Outlet nozzles...looking to sell...), but will probably not spray it, after talking to Porter heads on my build.  The Block will stay N/A only now, so the tranny needs to support only 450-500 HP.

Red79 I have not got that far yet on the under hood accessories, but your right.  Probably what I will do is use the same mounting points and fab longer metal tubing and tack them to small mounting plates.  I know a guy that fabs stainless stuff, so maybe get him to make some. Not going for concours restro, just has to work.

Jim

DREDILSKI

Beer,
Thanks for the thread man, your helping me see that it won't be as hard as I thought to resto my SE as long as I do it piece by piece. The car looks great and I also would like to thank you for letting us know where you got the parts @. This tread will be a gold mine for me when I start looking for parts. Thanks again.  :cheers:

:popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Beer

Back 2 it!

Dante Mopar Parts hooked me up with everything related to fuel da fuel tank.

About $450 got the new Tank, Stainless straps, J bolts, pad, Ground, and Sending unit.

Plan is to undercoat the tank/straps today and hopefully install tomorrow...

Have other goodys as well...fuel line, rear brake line, rear axle brake line, 150 MPH ralley dash, Just dashes restored pad and some Legendary interior parts as well...hopefully show some good progress this weekend.

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: red79 on October 20, 2010, 12:13:14 AM
Hey Jim,
I recently fitted a VFN bulge hood to my 72' project, and it looks and fits great. I'm curious how you plan to fit the windshield sprayers (since there's no vent grille)--maybe just under the back edge, at a slightly sharper angle?

Thanks,
Matt
If you can find a set of '74 wiper arms they have the "whizzers" right on the arm much like some of the newer model cars, or maybe you could take the whizzers off a newer car and snap them on your existing wiper arms.  :Twocents: :shruggy:

Beer

Got some work done this weekend  :2thumbs:

Lines I got from http://www.finelinesinc.com/ :cheers:

Added the fuel line 3/8"

Master Cyl plumbed out

Bottom view of Proportioner plumbed

Transition from firewall to under driver side inboard the rocker

The factory bend (front to rear brake line) worked well with the frame stiffeners

Around the rear leaf and down the Drivers side rocker

Up and around the rear

Rear Axle lines and Y Block

Here is an issue, the factory lines need to be retermed for the Rear Disc Brake conversion.

Pics of the fuel tank coming soon...
Here is the Straps and J bolts mocked up...got these from Dante's Mopar parts

J Bolt

Straps

:cheers: