News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Reassembly (Beers Third gen)

Started by Beer, October 25, 2009, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Quote from: NHCharger on November 02, 2009, 06:49:35 PM
It's been a while but I believe it's a lot easier to reassemble your bumper, lights and bracket first, then install it on the car. there is some slop in holes where the bumper bracket attaches to the car so you can line up your bumper with the rest of the car.

Yep your right, just making sure everything mocks up correctly.  Tomorrow is dealing with the bolts/clips for the bumper extenders...I also need new Bumper bolts. 
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Pics from today

Added the Jacking instructions to the trunk lid (Ebay)

The front bumper is on (really need to get one with new chrome), deciding what to do with the grill (blackout treatment or not)  :think:

Fuse Panel is in

Master Cylinder is in

Next to do run front brake lines add proportioning valve then add Black steering wheel column

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Beer

Was making a Line Lock panel for a C-5 Vette and decided to make a couple of license plates till I get it registered...
Have to get the bolts for the front license plate holder today.

lisiecki1

oh, that's sick! make one for me!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Beer

More Pics

I can make custom plates $30 shipped  (includes plate, artwork, and laser engraving)

Here are the options
http://www.laserbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69_184

9 Way adjustable shocks, Caltrac suspension with Caltrac monoleaf

Body shop did not weld the rear caliper brake line supports in the spot I showed em...  :flame:
14" wheels are on now, waiting on the 15" Police wheels

Bottom pic has one of the subframe connectors.

Skyview69

That paint job looks amazing in those pics  :2thumbs:

Nice

:popcrn:

Foreman72

if i may recommend you black the shocks... :Twocents:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Beer

Working on the Tail lights today...

Had one that had a damaged corner. While not finished shaping, it looks like it will turn out OK.

Going to paint the housing's Black

charger_cody

I also painted my housings black.. They look VERY good black. Make sure you clean them VERY well or the paint doesnt stick very well. Know what paint your going to use?

Cody

mikepmcs

Looking good Jim.  You should have it on the road by tomorrow at this rate. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

charger_cody

Eh not a big fan of the bumperettes.

Cody

Beer

Man, the bumpers sure are a PITA...Need to get fresh chromed bumpers...Used Fusion Plastic paint on the Bumperettes and the tail light housings.

I need a better left tail light housing, the wiring was sliced into for a trailer hitch as well two of the three retainers for the light tabs are broken...

Sorry for the nite pics...the car obviously is getting dusty, the body shop warned me about putting a cover on it so soon...

Car is shaping up, need to do some front bumper work to get the passenger grill in, hope to have some pics outside in daylight with the bumpers on...

mikepmcs

weren't you toying with painting the bumpers at one time??
I think that would look mint,unless you are trying to look stock.  My post is useless, just wanted to say hi. Car looks great!
:wave:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Nitrox

Oh my God! Tell me you did NOT stick that DC.com decal on there?!?!  :eek2:

Troy

Quote from: Nitrox on November 06, 2009, 06:42:50 PM
Thanks for the support...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Beer

Oh my God! Tell me you did NOT stick that DC.com decal on there?!?!  :eek2:

LOL thats what the Mrs. Said!  

The other option was an Edelbrock decal  :D

Its staying, kind of an alternative to a "Dealership" Decal

SG1022

Quote from: Troy on November 06, 2009, 07:06:00 PM
Thanks for the support...

Troy

To counterbalance that I ordered a static cling  :2thumbs:

jaak

Man I really like those taillight black... really compliments the black on the edge of the decklid.

BTW, I also like the DC.com sticker on the back too!

Look foward to more progress  :2thumbs:

Jason

Beer

Well the sun did not cooperate, but got to roll it out with the bumpers on.  Here are the new pics.

SG1022

That is one good looking car  :cheers:

Are you going to keep the bumper reveal moldings on?

Beer

Beer

SG1022

NHCharger

I've always hated the bumperettes on the 73/74's. Especially the fronts, they really detract from the lines of the rest of the car. They protrude out so far they remind me of cattle horns.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel