News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Reassembly (Beers Third gen)

Started by Beer, October 25, 2009, 12:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Picked up the driveshaft this morning...$340 for a custom shaft...

Off to the rig Wednesday... hopefully she be running when I get back Mid August...

Things remaining to do:

Install Driveshaft
Install Exhaust  (TTI X-Pipe Header Back)
Hook up fuel lines and tank Vents
Fix Caltrac's the pin goes on top of the leaf not under (Body Shop installed incorrectly-do not use previous pics for reference on your install)
Install Carpet
Install Seats and Seat belts
Put in fluids (Tranny and Coolant)
Install Linkages and Kickdown
Start up
Install headliner
Install Misc Trim
Send back to body shop for Rear Valance with dual cutout to be installed, possibly 73 Ralley Gloss Black stripes painted in...

Pics next month.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

NHCharger

Any chance of a fall foliage cruise?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Bob T

Great thread, what a sharp looking car Beer  :drool5:
Getting closer now, a couple a weeks at it when you get back could have it nailed eh.
It was your stroker 318 thread that got me here years ago after I googled looking for one

:cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Beer

Quote from: NHCharger on July 15, 2013, 09:14:27 PM
Any chance of a fall foliage cruise?

Maybe!

Update, the driveshaft fabbed we used 1350 U joints, the Yoke on the Diff was different, ordered a new yoke was about $75 good about 600 HP, the Billet yoke was $300 plus, so passed on that. Also with the Proform Carb had to order a linkage extension on the carb for better fit and function.

Still not running yet, however all the wiring harness are run and functioning, carpet is going in.   The new yoke and Carb linkage will get to the guy helping out Thursday, so maybe this weekend, driveshaft in, exhaust on, and a test run on the engine  :popcrn:

Bob T I will post vids of it running when I can :)
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Updates...

The pipes exiting...these are the TTI header back kit with X Pipe. Have the dual exhaust cutout Valance to add, but honestly this looks pretty good in IMHO.

Close up of the pipes exiting the rear

Mufflers, driveshaft and X pipe.

X Pipe and deep Transmission pan.

Caltrac's and rear disc brake.

Current issues

Parking Brake setup with the rear disc brakes, new speedo cable needed, none of the ones match the right length I currently have, power steering hose HP side. working on these...New carpet is in, door sills and putting in the gauge cluster next.

JB400

Dodgecharger74

Has this 73     make it to the road ?
74 charger se
82 dodge PU fleetside short box 440
05 magnum 5.7 Hemi
04 rumble bee hemi

Beer

Should be on the road this month...

Still needs headliner, windshield wipers installed and some minor electrical.

I inquired about State Inspection, and if I register it as a Antique Auto, it does not require an inspection. so the pending wiper motor is no big deal.

Jim

NHCharger

Quote from: Beer on June 03, 2016, 09:54:48 AM
Should be on the road this month...

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

LOL.. We need to hook up for a cruise once she's on the road. Been a long time coming.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Brock Lee

I can't believe it has been 10 years since we walked through Ayotte's. That was one of the last things I did before leaving the state for good.

Beer

Wow, 10 years...all my new parts are old now!

plum500

Quote from: Beer on June 07, 2016, 04:53:48 PM
Wow, 10 years...all my new parts are old now!

I can completely relate to that.