News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Awesome opportunity next week.... **Pics and storys are up!**

Started by Khyron, October 23, 2009, 12:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Thats cool!

When you take pics of him with your car.....make sure he's wearing those blu-blocker shades and awesome driving gloves  ;D

Jason

Smokey Bear

Ask him to call you "Deke" at the meeting... and then do a little nervous twitch.

skip68

That is tooooo COOOOOOOL !    :coolgleamA:    Make sure to thank him for all the work he's done on film.  I love the General Lee's and I have one.   BUT, the General is big because of several years and hundreds of shows.   Your car is big because of ONE movie and now you get to meet the star.   I think that tops any Duke meeting X10....    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   Chuck...................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Nacho-RT74

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY COOL...really...

that makes me thing how close made the internet one ecah other to be able to be FRIENDS and FRIENDLY no matter your place in the world or social status, job. If wasn't by this, maybe you wouldn't be able to contact him!

and another stuff cool is we are getting a GREAT STORY on a non General Lee car! what is the tipical ( but still cool of courese )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Steve P.

So is he bringing Jane and you are all going to the drive-in or no?? 

JK, I think this is going to be great.

Time of your life, huh kid...... :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

model maker

Congrats ! i used to  have his blue denim shirt with the grease stain on it from the movie car i bought in 1977. it was in the trunk along with the area maps of hwy 99 all marked out
MODEL MAKER

Khyron

O.k. guys, Pics are coming soon. But we had a major issue this morning. Maybe Peter Fonda scares Charger?

I left earlier this morning with the Charger on the trailer. I was on the highway at about 40 to 45mph and one of the tires blew out on the trailer. sending it waving.

I tryed to correct it, but the weight of the charger and trailer started to throw the truck around, the rear tires lost traction and the truck started to come around. I quickly steered for the side of the highway and tryed to hit the dirt.

The Charger came around to a 90 degree angle, Jackknifed the truck and put it up on 2 wheels before everything stopped. The front of the charger was in the side of the bed <a bit of an overhang>

Only one tow strap busted from all the thrashing around. So the charger only slid a little with the rocker only making contact with the Trailer wheel housing resulting in a small dent and some scratches. I lost a front bumperette and somehoe, something ripped the passanger side quarter extention off bending it.... there was no damage to the quarter at all. I was very very lucky.

I called my friend Mark with the Cop car and Les my brother in law, and told them what happened. They were waiting for me and we where all going down together. I Limped the Charger on a now 2 wheel trailer to my friends body shop, off loaded the charger and drove her to our meeting spot. Mark ran home, grabbed his trailer, we loaded it up and headed out... I'm waiting on the pictures from the show. But here is the aftermath.

BTW: we just took off the bumperette so the front looks right, hehehe Peter said he absolutely loved the car!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

Teaser pics. I had him sign over the Glove box and under the hood. The poor guy had some trouble with the angle in the car, you'll see what I mean when I post of the pics of him signing it heheh

I went inside and talked to him for awhile, very nice guy. Told him about the little problem this morning but that we loaded it back up and got it here. Told him a little about the car. Very pleasent guy to talk to, Soft spoken and genuinely nice. I told him a little about the back story, he said he got the pictures I sent and really thought it was "Cool"

At lunch they told me that he can be outside in 5 min. I went, got the Charger brought it to the main entrance under the cover and wiped her down <It was raining, but at the time was just sprinkling> The car got a hell of a crowd. people taking pictures and asking me about it. Then Peter came out with security and people went nuts... hehe at least the people that got it ;)

He walked around that car complementing me about it... asked me where I would like him to sign it. he got in the drivers side and I asked if he could sign over the glove box.... I didn't know he Was left handed... lol.

he crawled over the center counsel and signed away... looking around at the car and smiling.

Then he came out, went under the hood and signed there as well, asked me a little about the car's motor. Make the Hemi joke I was expecting, and shock my hand and again said I did a great job on the car and he really liked it. Someone yelled out "are  you going to take it for a spin? he smiled and shook his head.... then I had to

I took out the keys, held them out and said...o.k... so I stole a line from above "You can drive it, I didn't see any rail road crossing signs"

he laughed and waved at everyone and went back in. I stayed around a  little longer people people wanted to take pictures of the Charger some more... hell, I should have charged like the Stars did inside hehehe

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Farking crazy man!   I didn't know you trailered it but you did a great job saving it only having that much small amount of damage.

I got some extra front bumperettes someplace (plus old ones off Sinnamon).   I'll go check tomorrow or whatever when I can see inside the black hole.  

I got 2 crappy spare corner caps  (1 dented old one off Sinnamon) and another with holes that somebody sold me.   I posted wanted ads on moparts and got several responses that I had to turn down after I got another good one.

Glad it worked out in the end... even if you do have some more work to do now.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

tommymac

great save Jason,glad it all worked out execpt the rain,could of had some smoky pictures.

Khyron

Pics are up....

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

there was another pic of me, but it's wasn't flattering... so im not postin git .... lol I looked like a crazy stalker :lmao:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

Great Stuff!  :2thumbs: Congrats on the recognition...  :cheers: Sorry you had the trouble, but I bet it was worth it.

LeadfootBob

.... :o :o
AWESOME!
Guess you can't chalk this one up as "just another dull saturday"  :icon_smile_big:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

The70RT

Awsome, glad your damage was minimal. Someday if you ever sell i'm sure this will enhance the value  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blown70

WOW whattta trip.... Glad to hear you finally made it, and the PICS are cool..... :2thumbs: :cheers:

FlatbackFanatic

WOW what a day. Thank god you and your car are ok. Could of been alot worse, good driving :2thumbs:. Too bad he didn't take it for a little ride. Congrats!! :cheers:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

skip68

:2thumbs:   That has to be one of the best memories you will have for the rest of your life.     :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Khyron

Quote from: skip68 on November 01, 2009, 12:20:57 AM
:2thumbs:   That has to be one of the best memories you will have for the rest of your life.     :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:   

The morning, no, the afternoon, yes :)

It was a lot of fun. Now, for the hunt of Susan George :)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Sweet! Helluva ride to start off the day but yea, it could have been much worse. Good save on the driving and good save on the day too. Some guys would have said to hell with it after the mishap but you stuck it through. :2thumbs: Too bad he didn't drive it, eh?

tan top

awwww man , typical murphys law , glad to see there was no big damage to the charger :yesnod:

thats was a awesome day  by the looks of it  ,  good pictures   !! great stuff  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

NYCMille

Dude... that is wicked cool man  :coolgleamA: and to have it signed by Peter Fonda is just icing on the cake.  :cheers: to you for building that thing and now having one hell of a cool story!