News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Pic's of the 69 Charger..........

Started by R2, October 19, 2009, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

I re-did the stripe on my Charger,,,used to be white.......... :coolgleamA:

I ended up going with a matte black,,,,,,,,,, :coolgleamA:

Car is originally a stripe delete car........... :popcrn:

Sometime next year,,,the plan is to totally restore the car,,,,,nut and bolt,,,but for now,,,i justed wanted to change the appearance a bit,,,,so i went with a matte black,,,,,,, :o

I kept the emblems,,,since it already has "holes" in the quarter where the emblems mounts...so...ideally,,,i would like the stripe without the emblems,,,,but there was no way getting around covering the holes at this time.............

I know it is NOT correct,,,,but it will do for now,,,, :Twocents:

From a distance,,,,the car looks totally stripe delete.....but as you get closer to the car,,,the stripe becomes more obvious..... :coolgleamA:

Worst part was taking off the old stripe......... :brickwall:

New one went on without a hitch.......... :slap:

some pics.......

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

histoy

The pics look great.  We did the same thing to our black '68 Charger.

R2

motor shot.......
496 Muscle Motors,,,stroker,,,Edelbrock heads,,,Ultradyne solid cam, DANA, pump gas,,,,,

bull

R2

One more.,........

Curtis,,,it is actually a 69 Stripe,,,,not a 70.  I spoke to the guy at Performance Car Graphics,,,,,he "made" me the 69 stripe,,,and left the "R/T" cut outs,,,,out of the stripe............

Charger440RDN

Are you sure you need to tear this car apart for a nut & bolt resto??? This thing is super clean the way it is!! You could win a trophy at most local car shows the way it is now.  :yesnod:

bull

Quote from: R2 on October 19, 2009, 07:03:45 PM
One more.,........

Curtis,,,it is actually a 69 Stripe,,,,not a 70.  I spoke to the guy at Performance Car Graphics,,,,,he "made" me the 69 stripe,,,and left the "R/T" cut outs,,,,out of the stripe............

I gotcha. Do you have any shots from a distance? I'd like to see how much it blends in from far away. :2thumbs:

R2

Curtis,,,i will try and post a few tomorrow....i would say from 30 feet,,,you can't see it...........kinda cool...........

thanks for the kind words 440rdn, it's nothing special, but would like to spruce it up a bit at some point.......,,,,,,,, I was lucky enough to have the "Black Pig" (Rons 68 Charger),,,parked next to it in the garage when Ron visited last month...... HIS car is super nice.......I wish i would have got a pic of both cars sitting next to each other in the garage............ :2thumbs:

richRTSE

Looks good Doug. :2thumbs: I was thinking the same thing about your car, it sure doesn't look like it needs a full resto. Are you thinking of going back to more of a "factory" look (stock hood, stock wheels, etc)? You're not going back to green are you?!?! :o

I may take the Welds off my car next year and get a set of 15 inch chrome Magnums and redlines...if I do, I'll either redo my stripe in red or put the emblems back on.  :scratchchin:

I'd like to see a few more picts of your car when you get a chance Doug.

Rich

jb666

That's really nice!!! I can't imagine tearing that apart!! Nice job on the stripe  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bull

I've been debating on either black or siler on mine but seeing yours and others I think if I do get a stripe it will be a black one. I'm a long ways from that point but I love the look. If I were you I'd go one step further and paint the over the red inside the R/T letters with black, but that's just me. I like little one-off touches like that.

R2

I LOVE the look of Jim Pranis' 68 Charger,,,,he has a black stripe on his 68' now,,,and it looked killer,,,that decided it for me........

I will likely keep the paint black,,,as opposed to going to green........

JT01

ChgrSteve67

bsakal

I love that black stripe! Looks bad ass!
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

R2

Thanks guys,,,,,

The BLACK stripe is what i just put on the car,,,,,

thanks for the comments.........

Doug

tan top

:drool5: good call on a black stripe, looks mean  :coolgleamA:

but looks great with the white also :coolgleamA: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mosè

BrianShaughnessy

:2thumbs:

Looks great.    I like it a lot more than the white stripe,  just not sure if I like the black as much or more than a red stripe.   :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

R2

Brian,

It was tough,,,,i like all of the stripe colors,,, :yesnod:

Rons car (the Black Pig) looked great with the red stripe.......... :2thumbs:

I had the white previously,,,,for about 15 years...

I figured i would try the black,,,

You should see Jim Pranis' 68 Charger,,,,he has a black stripe on it,,,and the car looks awesome.... :drool5:

I wish i could have gone without the emblems....the car is not stock,,,at least for now...

thanks for the comments......

Doug

:cheers:

firefighter3931

Nice work Doug !   :icon_smile_big:  I really like that stripe with the emblems.  :drool5:

Your car was the inspiration for the Black Pig build....i've allways thought it was bad ass from the first moment i saw it  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

R2

Thanks Ron...........i am not worthy of the Black Pig....lol

Curtis ,,,, here are a few "shots from a distance",,,,harder to see the stripe.............