News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a Cuda!!

Started by BIRD67, October 19, 2009, 02:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

Hey guys! The car is just a bare shell, but I saw the 3 holes for the tags on the inner fender and I saw the exhaust hangers! The car has a set of Rallye wheels on the rear and a nice set of slot mags on the front.. As for the build date, I got that off the AAR 'Cuda Registry, it showed that all cars that had the '289' in the VIN was March 31, 1970.. The spoiler and rear valance were sitting in the trunk, sans decklid and there was a box in the trunk full of various metal pieces such as clips and hinges.. Next time I go over, I'll get pictures and I'll search for more clues  :think:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

The70RT

Quote from: BIRD67 on November 08, 2009, 09:09:58 PM
Hey guys! The car is just a bare shell, but I saw the 3 holes for the tags on the inner fender and I saw the exhaust hangers! The car has a set of Rallye wheels on the rear and a nice set of slot mags on the front.. As for the build date, I got that off the AAR 'Cuda Registry, it showed that all cars that had the '289' in the VIN was March 31, 1970.. The spoiler and rear valance were sitting in the trunk, sans decklid and there was a box in the trunk full of various metal pieces such as clips and hinges.. Next time I go over, I'll get pictures and I'll search for more clues  :think:

Why don't you see who owns it and buy it...if not what sense does this all make  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5

As for the build date, I got that off the AAR 'Cuda Registry, it showed that all cars that had the '289' in the VIN was March 31, 1970

Oh okay.... :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Alaskan_TA

The date is the SPD (scheduled production date) there is no way to know the actual build date. It varied up to three weeks for Hamtramck during the 1970 model year.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi-hampton

Quote from: The70RT on November 08, 2009, 10:39:54 PM

Why don't you see who owns it and buy it...if not what sense does this all make  :shruggy:

I was thinking the same thing, If it's not for sale & your not Interested in Buying whats the purpose of this post? :scratchchin: :shruggy:

69DodgeCharger

Trolling for a value. $$$$$
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

tripleblkr/t

Even if you can't buy I love hearing about finds like this.  What are the chances you stumble on to an AAR cuda. Can't wait to see some pictures of it :2thumbs:.

The70RT

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on November 11, 2009, 09:51:38 AM
Even if you can't buy I love hearing about finds like this.  What are the chances you stumble on to an AAR cuda. Can't wait to see some pictures of it :2thumbs:.

We all like seeing pictures of these things, but just think if your car was caught up in a legal battle or something like that? Then now someone has been uncovering your car and posting pics on the internet....yeah not good  :rotz: The post should be about contacting the property owner and seeing what the story is and maybe helping the guy that owns the car get his prize out of the lurches of some scalawag property owner. If he owes on the property or something like that and is gonna give it up then deal with the property owner and see about getting it through a legal channel not just trespassing and nosing around on the propety. :Twocents:

tripleblkr/t

I dont think the owner really cares all that much about the car, if it was mine it wouldnt be sitting at some rental property.

The70RT

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on November 11, 2009, 12:28:39 PM
I dont think the owner really cares all that much about the car, if it was mine it wouldnt be sitting at some rental property.

If it was held under a court order for some reason or such it would still be sitting there. We don't really know because proper channels have not been followed to get the real story.

tripleblkr/t

What I'm saying is when I moved out of the rental unit my car would be going with me or to actual storage unit where the new tenates could not go through it.

tripleblkr/t

I'm after a car right now that's kind of under similar circumstance. It was sold 5 years ago and the new owner never came and got it. Now the new owner owes 6k in storage fees and the previous owner wants it out of storage so he can stop paying for where it sits now. He gave the new owner plenty of chances to pick the car up and the new owner actually set times when he was going to be there last week to pick it up and pay for storage, but guess what he never showed. The old owner is now talking to a lawyer to see what he needs to do in order to get rid of it. He told me once all the legal work was taken car of I could have have it for what he's paid in storage.

The70RT

Who knows maybe the original owner is looking for it and doesn't know where it is at? Maybe an ex took it or something. Hell it could be stolen as far as we all know  :shruggy:

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: tripleblkr/t on November 11, 2009, 02:09:41 PM
I'm after a car right now that's kind of under similar circumstance. It was sold 5 years ago and the new owner never came and got it. Now the new owner owes 6k in storage fees and the previous owner wants it out of storage so he can stop paying for where it sits now. He gave the new owner plenty of chances to pick the car up and the new owner actually set times when he was going to be there last week to pick it up and pay for storage, but guess what he never showed. The old owner is now talking to a lawyer to see what he needs to do in order to get rid of it. He told me once all the legal work was taken car of I could have have it for what he's paid in storage.

I tried to get a '71 GTX 6 Pac car from some locals under similar circumstances. They went through the legal proceeding and obtained ownership of it. Life long drag car. last registered in '73 I believe. 38,900 original miles The new owners quickly found out what they had and the price jumped accordingly....And way out of my range I always wondered what happened to that car. Nikki's Toy it said on the side with white lettering, a few performance stickers. Red with black vinyl top, rubber bumpers, auto console car.
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

BIRD67

Okay, it has been quite a long time since I spoke about this, but last week, I finally got to meet the owner! His name is Carrie and he is an absolute car nut! He has had the 'Cuda for 17 years and he bought it as a running, driving car. It was originally Ivy Green Metallic with a black bench seat interior and black vinyl top. The car has 50,000 miles on it and he has all the original parts to restore it. The reason it was sitting was that his sister is the landlord of the property and she was letting him store the car and parts there while he was getting things squared away in CA.. He was loading parts up onto the Uhaul truck so I offered to help and I worked with him from 2 pm until 10 at night.. He gave me a set of vintage Keystone Klassic wheels, a racing bicycle and a Sun Tachometer from 1970 in return for my work! He will be back later on this week, and I will be helping him load the 'Cuda and his 1 of 99 1970 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible, it is burnt orange with a burnt orange interior.. He also has a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am which is white with gold pinstripes and it has the Hurst-Hatch t-tops.. Finally, he has a 1969 Plymouth GTX Convertible which is also Burnt orange with a burnt orange interior.

Stay "tuned" , I will ask him if he minds me sharing pictures of his cars on here!  :2thumbs:
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

moparsons

Sounds like a damn nice collection!!!   :2thumbs: