News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Head CFM need for 450 HP

Started by cudaken, November 27, 2005, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

OK, thinking a again about a bad ass 440. Bottom end should take 6000 RPM's with no problems. Well the blower dream is gone for now, it is sold.

Heads are 346's with 2.14 and 1.80 valves and in take side is matched ported. New seats, guides and valves.

I know the heads like this could make 450 HP with a nasty cam but want to keep the cam sort of mild. What kind of CFM do you think the heads as is (9.45 compression) with or under .500 lift at the valve.

What CFM do I need to have to make 450 real HP.

If I go forward on this quest look for something that easy to drive with 3.23 to 3.91 gear, 2400 stall. Yes all I know the cam has a lot to do with it folks.

OK, lets back up. Car is around 3700 pounds +, stock 440/Hemi rear springs and snubber. Runner has 3.23 gears now but open to lower gears. Looking for 13.00 to 12.5 and can be a driver.

Main thing is I am looking for is steet ablity. Done with the nasty ass need to pull a gear to move cams. Secret to power is in the heads, ask a Hemi owner.

If I have the head's worked it will be in the caring hands of Neil. No beer can heads at this point Ron ;D

Neil, I will be checking on shipping cost as well.

Ken                                           
I am back

Runner

sence you trust neil so much, (and i see no reason why you shouldnt) i would just lay the hole puppy in his hads and biuld what he sugests.   in todays world there is soooo many ways to achieve the same goal and you will get a different route from almost every single person.    no doubt neil well set you up with everything you want and then some.

i have a buddy that is getting ready to do a 440, weve been talking about it over the last couple days. some of the parts he has and others he will need. right now the basic combo looks like it will be a 500" 440 source stroker kit in a tall deck, havent nailed the compresion down yet but around 10.5-1, 850 holley, hooker super comp headers, tm7 intake, and probably a comp xe290s solid lifter cam,   ootb e-heads.     its going in a 68 satellite 3.55 gears and a 4 speed.     he is looking for a good reliable street motor.     

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Chryco Psycho

I will go buy a flow bench & let you know most of the iron head 440 I build make between 450-500 Gross HP , with a rwhp of 280 -350 Hp

Ghoste

Glad to see you planning for a more positive future with the car again Ken.

firefighter3931

Ken,

A 240-250 cfm casting can get the job done with the right parts underneath it. You've allready got the big valve upgrade....if they haven't been unshrouded then they need to be. The bowls need to be opened up the same size as the seat. Profile the guide bosses. If all this is done properly you'll have a nice working head capable of the power level you're looking for. Throw in a nice tight lash solid cam matched to your converter and gears.....then get ready to boil the tires.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

cudaken

Ghoste, if I have Neil do the heads, the Charger will be gone. I know people that have seen her in person are getting E-mail about the shape she is in. I have not read my E-mail in 4 days, afraid he got the loan. ;D

Neil, you will be getting a call.

Ken
I am back