News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 charger seats

Started by chargen86, October 14, 2009, 04:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargen86

are 1968-69 back seat frames the same as 1970 backseat frames?\
and will the 1970 seat bolt to the 1968 seat frames.\
if anyone know this that would be great
thank you

ChargersETC..ETC..

I used to think the 68-70 seatbacks were interchangeable but... once I sold a set learned that there a little diffrent. So I thought how can you tell what the seats go to ?

1.first of all check the slightly embossed metal id tag and record the numbers you can determine the year. (sorry I don't have the tag info accesable now its underseat) I don't know if numbers are model specific but seem to be year specific all my seat fabric matches year by year id tag numbers.

2. 1968 has the shortest mounting "loops" or retaining loops 2 of them mouted on bottom left and right side of seat bottom . 1969 has long loops don't know about 1970 but I guess there long loops also.

3.1968 seat is wider 1969-70 seems narrower.

The cars use bendable tabs mounted on car  to retain seatback to car  body as I understand it these tabs often rust and break off .

Theres a lot of good info on the site don't rember which post so heres some pics black seat pictured is 1968 tan is 1969 white is 1970

ChargersETC..ETC..

more pics

The70RT

If I could get out I would check the ones I have.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

6bblgt

He's talking (the back half) of the rear seat.

chargen86

so does that mean if i buy rear seat covers from year one. they will fit my 68 back seat frame
thank you

ChargersETC..ETC..

Try asking someone to compare the new rear seat covers 68,69,70 to see if they are all made the same size just diffrent year patterns.

Does the amount or thickness of foam padding and burlap like material make the only diffrence as to wheater or not the seat covers will interchange? :shruggy