News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Pig vs Green Monster race results ; new bests for both cars !

Started by firefighter3931, October 12, 2009, 11:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

Quote from: elacruze on October 26, 2009, 11:15:27 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on October 26, 2009, 09:59:08 PM
He's running M/T drag radials and Super Stock springs with a full interior, (including all heater crap) and a cage AND full exhaust. At 4100 pounds he's eating up the track.... 

Did I mention this monster is contained under an uncut full steel hood?? ??

Ya that's why I'm paying attention, not only to his engine threads but his particular car...it's pretty close to what mine will be. Full interior, A/C, P/S, power windows...440 +.030. I don't have aluminum heads though, I can expect to be a little heavier and a little less motor. Those 60' times are tasty though, and I got a heavy flywheel, 4 speed and 4:10 D60. If I can 60' like that the 1/4 mile times will be a little less important...

New Port Richie...where is that? I'm in Jensen Beach, north of Stuart.

Elacruze,

The current combination is a bit of a mismatch ; not enough gear or stall to ET like it should be...116mph @4100 is good for 11.40's IF everything else is right. The MPH shows ~500 rwhp to run 116@4100 raceweight so the engine is doing it's job.  :icon_smile_big:  When this engine combination went together i knew it was only going to be temporary....the plan was supposed to be a 493 with the top end off this 446 to be transferred over. So the exhaust/gearing/stall speed etc...was sized with that in mind. I have since decided to go with a 572 pump gas build so the 493 will find it's way into my other car (70 Charger) and the new build will be going into this car (Black Pig).

Of course all this means a bunch of changes ; fuel system, suspension (caltracs), driveshaft, torque converter, locker SG unit etc...all need to be upgraded to handle the additional power. The ultimate goal is to run a 9 second pass on pump gas with a 4100lb full bodied, all steel Charger under the factory hood. Not sure if i'll get there but it'll be fun trying.  :icon_smile_big:

As for your's : the 4 speed will help if you can get it to launch properly....you will need a good clutch and a strong driveline to make it live.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Elacruze, New Port Richey is just North of Clearwater and NorthWest of Tampa. I live 5 miles from the Gulf Of Mexico.   Never been to Stuart. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

b5blue

Steve he's on the East Coast and south a little from us.  :scratchchin: Ron sounds like you plan on making the Black Pig squeal next year!! Heck your already doing pretty darn well for a full dress ride, I can't wait to see the fur fly next year!   :2thumbs:   

8WHEELER

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

My kind of guy, all steel, no bottle   :icon_smile_cool:  and light the tires with ease. Plus you just never know
when you might get cold and need to turn on that defrost   :rofl: :rofl:  because you got hot and bothered and
fogged up the windows  :lol:  we get pretty excited the lower those ET numbers go  :cheers:

GO PIG GO   :drool5:  572  :scratchchin:  look out boys and girls, you might need a neck color bud!!!

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.