News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody here like/own a Bronco?

Started by 69bronzeT5, October 09, 2009, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

I've always been a huge fan of Broncos. My dad has had a bunch...5 atleast. One of my favorites was his '93 H.O 5.0L XLT 4X4. It was a 5spd and had a performance chip. Damn that thing had balls! Unfortentley, it met it's untimely fate in December 2006. Someone ran a stop sign and hit him in the fender. Not much damage but the lady's car got hooked to the truck. Her car ended up catching on fire....my dad sat there boiling the tires trying to unhook the truck as he watched the paint on the hood start to bubble from her car. He ended up having to get out when the truck caught on fire too. Both went up in flames :bawling: I'll have to find a picture of it. It was a complete O.J Bronco...all white. My dad wanted plates that said "NO.J" :lol:

Here's my dad's old '89 Eddie Bauer. It was a beautiful truck. He bought it from an old guy who kept it stored in an underground heated parkade. The truck had running boards and skinny white wall tires when he bought it but that didn't last long. He sold it to a kid who ended up painting the whole truck in black Rhino-liner :rotz:

My dad's latest Bronco. It was a '89 5.0L 4X4. Had rusty quarters and someone kicked in the door and quarter. My dad ran into a lot of problems with the truck. Rearend blew up so he swapped it with another that ended up starting to make moaning & whining noises. The thing badly needed a tune up but it never let us down. He ended up trading it to his friend for partial body work on his Mustang when the time comes. His friend I think tuned it and cleaned it up and resold it.

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

bull

I owned a '79 Bronco 351 for a short time... nine months or so. It was ok but pretty much run through the ringer by the time I got it. Eventually I got tired of hearing the lifter noise and sold it.

Green71R/T

I have a 78 Bronco bush buggy.460,4 speed 205 case 3.50 gears with a mini spool in the rear.4" suspension lift,3" body lift,36" tires.I have been trying to sell it for 3 years.There is no good places to take it close to here anymore.Nobody seems to want it so i am going to pull the motor and send the rest to the shredder.I had a lot of fun with this truck so it does not owe me anything.

moparguy01

I've always liked broncos. I had a 79 bronco with a 400m and 4 speed, but ended up selling it after I had knee surgery because I could no longer operate the clutch. Now my daily driver is a 94 bronco with a 351 sitting on 33's.

I think they are comfortable, fun to drive, and hard to get stuck, so I'll be keeping mine around.

HPP

I had a '73. Thing would turn circles around my CJ5 and was just as off road capable as any Jeep. 2nd gen units were more street friendly, but their extra size made them a bit more difficult to squeeze into tight off road situations.

speedfreak68

I have two broncos. on one of them a friend and replaced all of the sheetmetal, installed a 4 inch rancho lift and slapped on some 35s. The other has 35's and no lift...just alot of cutting. heres a pic of the one that we fixed up...