News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

We Just Got a 92 Daytona For Shelby ( Pics )

Started by 71ChallengeHer, October 02, 2009, 08:55:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

My friend Steve gave Shelby a 92 Daytona ES. He told her he always buys his kids a car.  :2thumbs: But the deal is she can't paint it pink.  :rofl: :rofl: Good bye POS Neon. Now I have to teach her how to drive a stick.  :eek2:

Charger RT

There nice little cars. I have a 92 daytona iroc r/t and a 93 daytona iroc r/t. Whats in the ES a 3.0 or a 2.5?
Tim

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Charger RT on October 02, 2009, 09:07:46 PM
There nice little cars. I have a 92 daytona iroc r/t and a 93 daytona iroc r/t. Whats in the ES a 3.0 or a 2.5?
Tim
It's a 2.5. Her other Daytona burnt up.  :rotz: 

69bronzeT5

Hopefully she has better luck with this one! :) What colour is she gonna paint it Jackie? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 02, 2009, 09:09:54 PM
Hopefully she has better luck with this one! :) What colour is she gonna paint it Jackie? :popcrn:
We just won't let assholes cut up the wires.  ;)  It's Aqua. She loves the color. Factory sunroof, window louvers, side window louvers, ground effects, 15 in Allloy wheels. It just needs cleaned up and a few minor repairs.  :2thumbs:

Charger RT

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 02, 2009, 09:09:44 PM
Quote from: Charger RT on October 02, 2009, 09:07:46 PM
Tim
It's a 2.5. Her other Daytona burnt up.  :rotz: 
2.5 turbo? they made less 2.5 turbos that year then R/T's. My 92 has the sunroof. They are nice. There should be a bag in the back for the sunroof. and straps in the rear to strap the roof down. I wish I could find a set of louvers near here in florida to help keep the sun out. Is the interior light grey or dark grey and cloth or leather?
Tim

71ChallengeHer

The interior is light grey. It's not a turbo. If it was , I'd be driving it.  :D

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 02, 2009, 09:46:35 PM

I didn't take the camera. :nana: I wasn't sure what kinda shape it was in and if she was gonna like it. Plus we didn't know Steve was gonna give it to her.  When we got home , Steve called her and said October Fool's . You should have seen her face. Priceless  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

PocketThunder

Hold on, i just thought for a minute, your daughters name is Shelby.  How did you come up with that name?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 02, 2009, 11:25:19 PM
Hold on, i just thought for a minute, your daughters name is Shelby.  How did you come up with that name?
She was born in 1990. The Dodge generation of Shelby's  :D

NHCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 02, 2009, 11:25:19 PM
Hold on, i just thought for a minute, your daughters name is Shelby.  How did you come up with that name?

:shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus: :shortbus:

:D :D :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71ChallengeHer

Charger RT

There is a forum at www.turbododge.com that is all about the FWD mopars of that time. It doesn't matter if the car is not turbo. They have a 3.0 section and that is not turbo. My user name is the same there as here. I was surprised when I signed up at this site that this name was not taken. I had planned that when the system told me this name was taken I was going to try Iroc RT. But go have a look and there are many people over there that can give repair advise on these cars. I have found there is another member here that goes there. I forget his name here but I believe it is turbokid there. Plus the vendor section to help with new and used parts. Plus parts made for us that can't be found at the local parts store. I'm using a poly mount in my wife's mini van that was made to keep the turbo motors from rolling too much under boost. The 92-93 daytonas body style was just 2 years and they did not make may of them compared to older ones. So unique parts for them can be hard to find but parts do come up for sale in the for sale section and you can ask for parts in the wanted section. I'm looking for a good drivers door arm rest. I would bet the one is hers has issues it seems they all do and if it doesn't be very careful how you pull the door closed to keep it in good shape good ones are hard to find.
Tim

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Charger RT on October 03, 2009, 09:11:26 AM
There is a forum at www.turbododge.com that is all about the FWD mopars of that time. It doesn't matter if the car is not turbo. They have a 3.0 section and that is not turbo. My user name is the same there as here. I was surprised when I signed up at this site that this name was not taken. I had planned that when the system told me this name was taken I was going to try Iroc RT. But go have a look and there are many people over there that can give repair advise on these cars. I have found there is another member here that goes there. I forget his name here but I believe it is turbokid there. Plus the vendor section to help with new and used parts. Plus parts made for us that can't be found at the local parts store. I'm using a poly mount in my wife's mini van that was made to keep the turbo motors from rolling too much under boost. The 92-93 daytonas body style was just 2 years and they did not make may of them compared to older ones. So unique parts for them can be hard to find but parts do come up for sale in the for sale section and you can ask for parts in the wanted section. I'm looking for a good drivers door arm rest. I would bet the one is hers has issues it seems they all do and if it doesn't be very careful how you pull the door closed to keep it in good shape good ones are hard to find.
Tim
It was my friend Steve's car. And very well taken care of.  :2thumbs:  She had a 93 the my Step-Mom bought new. So we know a lot about them. My  brother had a 93 Iroc and our friend Eric has a 93 Iroc. We do know were there are a couple around for parts.  But thank you for the info, I will check it out.  :2thumbs:

Mopar440+6

That's kind of ironic... Shelby gets another Daytona the same week I got rid of mine. I still have a boat load of parts if you need anything Jackie. Let me know...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on October 03, 2009, 06:44:43 PM
That's kind of ironic... Shelby gets another Daytona the same week I got rid of mine. I still have a boat load of parts if you need anything Jackie. Let me know...
Thanks, Bryan, We appreciate it. Wanna buy a Neon, tons of new parts on it.  :eek2: The Daytona needs CV axles and a clutch. But she's gonna learn how to drive on that clutch. Wanna come down and teach her .  :nana:

Mopar440+6

I don't want another Neon, I've actually got mine sold, the guy just hasn't picked it up yet, however I do know someone who might want it. I'll talk to him.

I'd be up for trying to teach her to drive stick but I have no idea when I would get a chance to come down that way....
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

resq302

So whats next for the new Daytona???  Pink stripes and pink valve cover?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: resq302 on October 04, 2009, 11:02:43 AM
So whats next for the new Daytona???  Pink stripes and pink valve cover?
not sure, yet. Shelby said she wants black strobe stripes on it. And Steve said no pink or she can't have it.  :rofl: :rofl:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on October 04, 2009, 08:22:43 AM
I don't want another Neon, I've actually got mine sold, the guy just hasn't picked it up yet, however I do know someone who might want it. I'll talk to him.

I'd be up for trying to teach her to drive stick but I have no idea when I would get a chance to come down that way....
Eric said he'd teach her. I know how. I'm just not a good teacher.  :eek2:

TUFCAT

Jackie you know I love you, BUT......, still no pics of the new Daytona???  :scratchchin: