News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1973 SE

Started by SG1022, September 29, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

Tomorrow I will be going to pick up a 1973 Charger SE w/ a 318.  I was looking for a site that could give me advice and help in my restoration process.

Did I find the right site?

Looking for a site where I can post my progress while doing a full write up, and as I said above, get probably alot of help during my resto.   

:cheers:

triple_green

yes..people on t his site are great...helped me thru my 68 restoration many year ago...still help me out of my "current issues".

Welcome
3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

SG1022

Well, I am not very new to machining or fabrication, but I have next to no knowledge about cars. I desperately want  to learn.  Think you guys can put up with someone  who at the moment is completely oblivious?  :icon_smile_big:

dodgecharger-fan

You wouldn't be the first one to come along.  :icon_smile_big:

(That might have been me..  :rofl:)

I think you'll find all the help you need, right here. Lots and lots of smart people willing to share.

Welcome.

Oh, and first rule - pictures!!!!!!!!!  :D

SG1022

Here are some

Not taken by me

451-74Charger

Looks better than my 73 did.
You got a good starting point, so welcome to the site and dont be affraid to ask questions.
(Actually if some of the member answer, take with salt, a whole truck load) - only kidding.
We have a lot of knowledgable people here and beleive me, no question is stupid (onless its "shall I buy from HLPAG" - but thats aniother story).

SG1022

Quote from: 451-74Charger on September 29, 2009, 02:52:04 PM
Looks better than my 73 did.
You got a good starting point, so welcome to the site and dont be affraid to ask questions.
(Actually if some of the member answer, take with salt, a whole truck load) - only kidding.
We have a lot of knowledgable people here and beleive me, no question is stupid (onless its "shall I buy from HLPAG" - but thats aniother story).

Sounds good  :2thumbs:

I am going to leave tonight, but when I get home tomorrow I will have it with me.   So sometime tomorrow I will do a full write up with a little bio on me and the car with lots and lots of pics!

Brock Samson

:wave:  welcome sg1022! what are your plans?..  :popcrn: Do you play a Gibson SG?..  there's alot of guitar pickers on this site..

:musik010:

SG1022

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 29, 2009, 04:25:36 PM
  :wave:  welcome sg1022! what are your plans?..  :popcrn: Do you play a Gibson SG?..  there's alot of guitar pickers on this site..

:musik010:

I do not, SG is from S and G customs, building custom 10/22 rifles

Rallye

Looks like a great project.  Love the Super Blue!!!   Looking forward to seeing all the pics and progress...   :2thumbs:
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

TruckDriver

Quote from: SG1022 on September 29, 2009, 01:28:25 PM
Tomorrow I will be going to pick up a 1973 Charger SE w/ a 318.  I was looking for a site that could give me advice and help in my restoration process.

Did I find the right site?

Looking for a site where I can post my progress while doing a full write up, and as I said above, get probably alot of help during my resto.   

:cheers:

Not to take anything away from this awsome forum, but there is another forum dedicated to only 1971-1974 Chargers too that I created a few years ago. The link is below in my sig area.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ipstrategies

Pete the 3rd gen forum is great. I jump between the 2.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

wayfast1500

Im doing a 73 as well, that body looks pretty clean where is it from?  You do custom work on the ruger 10/22? 

SG1022

Quote from: wayfast1500 on September 30, 2009, 10:03:41 PM
Im doing a 73 as well, that body looks pretty clean where is it from?  You do custom work on the ruger 10/22? 

It's from Northwest Oregon, and yes I do custom work on rugers, need something done?  :icon_smile_big:

Just got back tonight(11 o clock), and I will start the new thread and post the pics tomorrow.  What forum section should I post it in?

TruckDriver

This is the section you post your car pics in.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P