News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So how did Jay Leno wreck a '70 Challenger without really wrecking it?

Started by bull, September 26, 2009, 02:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I know Jay would not have actually wrecked a '70 Challenger to advertise his new show (at least I seriously doubt he would allow it) but this one sure looks like it got hammered pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cya0mVjLcpk Probably just a Hollywood job but that hood is obviously wrecked and the passenger fender and bumper too.

When I first saw the ad at the theater before District 9 I thought it was his Hemi Challenger but that one is orange/black: http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=187636

Anyone have any info on this Challenger in the youtube video?

autoxcuda

Quote from: bull on September 26, 2009, 02:20:02 PM
I know Jay would not have actually wrecked a '70 Challenger to advertise his new show (at least I seriously doubt he would allow it) but this one sure looks like it got hammered pretty good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cya0mVjLcpk Probably just a Hollywood job but that hood is obviously wrecked and the passenger fender and bumper too.

When I first saw the ad at the theater before District 9 I thought it was his Hemi Challenger but that one is orange/black: http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=187636

Anyone have any info on this Challenger in the youtube video?

Not his go mango Hemi 70 RT/SE. Also, notice it doesn't have a high back bucket seat. Looks like 66-68 GM bucket seat. They would use that because the big 70's Mopar high back bucket seat get in the camera angle view to rear passengers like in this shoot.

Probably a car from Ted Mosers Picture car wherehouse (NCIS yellow Challenger) or another movie vehicle wherehouse. Where any of the Grindhouse Challengers that dark color?
Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !

Mike DC

Was anything crunched on that car that is also not repro'd?  A 1970 Challenger R/T's front end is pretty replaceable thses days. 

I agree, it's probably a "prop car" rented from Ted Moser or CVS or someone like that.  Might well be full of bondo too. 

bull

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 27, 2009, 07:18:35 AM

Was anything crunched on that car that is also not repro'd?  A 1970 Challenger R/T's front end is pretty replaceable thses days. 

It was hard to tell from the video but it almost looked as if the grill was hit too. I don't know, maybe it was one of those Death Proof Challengers. :shruggy:

Regarding the seats, when I saw they were lowbacks I got to thinking maybe it wasn't even a Challenger in the interior shots. Maybe they only used a Challenger for the exterior shots. They almost looked like Mustang or Camaro seats.

autoxcuda

Quote from: bull on September 27, 2009, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on September 27, 2009, 07:18:35 AM

It was hard to tell from the video but it almost looked as if the grill was hit too. I don't know, maybe it was one of those Death Proof Challengers. :shruggy:

Regarding the seats, when I saw they were lowbacks I got to thinking maybe it wasn't even a Challenger in the interior shots. Maybe they only used a Challenger for the exterior shots. They almost looked like Mustang or Camaro seats.

The window line sure looks Challenger as does the  glimpse of the dash board. Even the top of the inside door panel.

The drivers seat has the release button on the inside.  I think  release buttons were standard in 1968. By the rear seat clamshell hard plastic back I think thats GM. I just wonder if that is a passenger seat stuck on the drivers side.
Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !