News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went to WTC exhibit in Albany *not 56k friendly, but worth it*

Started by Khyron, November 26, 2005, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Thought I would share, not that it’s near Sept 11th. Or for any other reason besides you shouldn’t need a reason to reflect.

It’s been awhile since I wanted to go, Just felt I should finally go to the 9/11 exhibit in Albany. So I got a bunch of batteries, and snapped a picture of just about anything. I figured I would share. I top a pic of most Items and their tags, some of kind of self explanatory.

First. The Albany Museum

It was a bit unnerving to see a landing gear from one of the planes.

A part of a wing from one of the Boeings

Misc Items around the WTC

The next set or very sobering reminders. It’s one thing to see the pictures, but standing in front of it just floored me

A holder recovered in the sorting yard of an unidentified police officer

The highway signs for the debris sorting grounds

I don’t have any smart things to say , nor any words of wisdom. So I will leave that to you.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

472 R/T SE

I never would have got to see that.  Thanks for the pix.

God Bless to all the lost ones...

TruckDriver

Quote from: AllBlueRT on November 26, 2005, 06:49:15 PM
I never would have got to see that.   Thanks for the pix.

The same goes for me. I would of never had a chance to see that stuff. Thanks for the pics.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

golden73

wowzers  :eek:

thanks for sharing, I might have to go and see that sometime

2fast4u

Kinda tugs at the ol' heart strings seein' just a glimse of what happened to some of those people.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

Quote from: AllBlueRT on November 26, 2005, 06:49:15 PM
I never would have got to see that.   Thanks for the pix.

neither would have I, thank you for the pictures.  I am glad there is a place such as that to be a constant reminder for us to be on constant vigil against all threats, foreign and domestic.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks for the pics.  Looks like a very sombering display. 

Amazing how some images will never be erased from ones memory.

Never Forget
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chargen69

My wife lost a good friend in that mess...      Thanks for the pics.

CB

thanks for sharing.
As many people I know exactly where I was and what I was doing the moment those 2 plains crashed into the WTC towers.

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

dodgeboy67

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:god bless all who were involved :angel:, and who lost family /friends  on that horrifying day in history

Charger_Fan

Thanks for the pics, Man.
I need to go see that one day. I bet it was pretty quiet in there.

Like probably all of us, I can remember exactly what I was doing when those planes hit & the hours following. Sad day for us all.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

thanks for sharing that, it never gets any easier to stomach does it? and when people question why our troops are in foreign countries,they should take the tour that you dd,as a reminder-god bless america