News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Narrowing a rear end

Started by troy.70R/T, September 23, 2009, 07:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troy.70R/T

I was wondering about narrowing an 8-3/4 rearend for my next project (68 Charger). Waht I was wondering was if an E-Body rearend is narrower? and if I could use that. I would much rather move the spring mounts that shorten a housing and buy new axles if it is possiable. Does anyone have some width dimensions on theses rear ends? Thanks

PA Dodger

Her is some useful info that may help you pick the right rear end.
http://www.moparts.org/Tech/Archive/axle/16.html
I'm sure a search of this site would turn up some usefull info too.
BTW, I was tossing around this idea also but couldn't cut up my car for mini tubs. I have an A-Body 8 3/4 housing if you're interested.
Dan   
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

troy.70R/T

Thanks for the link I will check it out. My next project is going to be non-numbers matching so I just htought I would have some fun with it.

ussdodge

Hey Troy, I don't know where you are located, "but I do have an E-body, with the spring purches already moved. And wouldn't you know it, it's a spare. I'm located about 20 miles north of Detroit. (248) 632 4759 Jeff (USSDODGE)

troy.70R/T

Welll to for out of the way for me. Althought sounds like what I am looking for can be done. thanks,Troy