News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Safetybelts

Started by SwePatrick, September 21, 2009, 02:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwePatrick

Hi

I have a quastion about safetybelts.
Was it orginal in the back seat ?
And for how many seats, 2 or 3 ?
Thanks

Ps: excuse my spelling..Im swedish

SwePatrick

I forgot to mention that the quastion was for a 68 Charger..

LeadfootBob

Lap belts up front, nothing at all in the back?
Du behöver inte bälten i baksätet vilket som, SBP har inte krav på det förräns '71 (rear seat belts aren't required in pre-71 cars by Swedish Law).
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Troy

Lap belts in front and back for 2 passengers each. Shoulder belts in front were mandatory after January 1st 1968 (about half way through the production year) so some early cars did not have them.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on September 21, 2009, 03:19:32 PM
Lap belts in front and back for 2 passengers each. Shoulder belts in front were mandatory after January 1st 1968 (about half way through the production year) so some early cars did not have them.

Troy

were convertibles exempt from this law ?
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: Troy on September 21, 2009, 03:19:32 PM

Troy

Aeren't there seat belts for the middle passenger in the back seat?  I have them in my '69.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

Now I'm fuzzy. I just did a bit of searching and it looks like shoulder belts and rear lap belts were required at the same time (Jan 1 1968). The wording is "shall be equipped with a lap-type safety belt assembly for each permanent passenger seating position". I don't know if the center of the rear seat is considered a permanent seating position. I didn't have middle belts in my 1973 Barracuda.

Stuart: the only thing specifically exempted were police vehicles.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on September 21, 2009, 04:53:43 PM
Now I'm fuzzy. I just did a bit of searching and it looks like shoulder belts and rear lap belts were required at the same time (Jan 1 1968). The wording is "shall be equipped with a lap-type safety belt assembly for each permanent passenger seating position". I don't know if the center of the rear seat is considered a permanent seating position. I didn't have middle belts in my 1973 Barracuda.

Stuart: the only thing specifically exempted were police vehicles.

Troy

my 69 runner has three belts in the back seat ,  I only put two set in the birdible rear seat  ?   dont know where they could have put shoulder belt in the convertible , 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE