News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could go back in time, what is the 1 car you wish you still had?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 18, 2009, 09:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger RT

Quote from: RusTy/SE on September 21, 2009, 11:58:00 AM

As non-Mopars go, I owned this 77 El Dorado in the late eighties. With just 43K little-old-lady-miles on the odometer when my name went on the title, this one was a sweet cruiser. Recliner size front seats and a couch out back, I only added a Blaupunkt stereo. The ladies couldn't get enough of it :rofl:

I almost forgot my 77 Eldorado I pulled it out of a junk yard for free and it needed a trans. Rebuilt the trans and off I went. Another friend with a differant junk yard gave me a free 78 Eldorado Beritz to strip parts off of. Mine was an ugly maroon with Tan interior. The junk one was red in and out. I swapped the red interior in it. Another friend painted mine hemi orange and I had the top dyed white. I wish I had a picture of it. With the hub caps painted orange and big white wall tires it was sharp going down the road. Almost forgot mine was a T top car.
Tim

73chgrSE

My mom had a Plymouth Valiant back in the 70's. It was dark green, don't remeber the year but it may have made a good drag car. However she hydro-planed on a wet road and totalled it back then. She was okay.

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 19, 2009, 11:39:47 PM
1969chargerrtse, I see you wrote rear deck lid spoiler on the piece of paper, was it coded for it?

That Bee of yours was similar to mine.  Mine was a bench seat non air hood though.

That car & my blue 4 gear Charger I prolly miss the most.  The ability to drive either one makes missing them a moot point.

There's something strangely familiar about that pic. :angel: Anyway, the ability to drive it or not doesn't mean you can't miss it. Hell, I even miss it.

I wish I still had my red '70 and the '68 R/T that I bought for $50. :brickwall:

1969chargerrtse

Not because of this site's name but i'd like to have kept this 70 Charger R/T. The car was on a vacant lot across the street from a local service station and i was able to purchase it for $300; it was not as bad as it looks.

:slap: Whats the matter for you?  That was sweet.  300.00!!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

The70RT

I have had a bunch but the ones I wish i kept were:

68 Dart GTS 340 4spd.
70 Charger 383 HP. It was rust free but was totaled ( only one rear quarter damaged back then totaled it) I stripped it out.
73 340 Duster
72 340 Duster
72 Buick GS 455....real screamer.
68 Nova 327......love the Nova body style
72 Monte SS 454.....motor was gone so i stripped it  ::)
70 Chevelle SS 396.....Sold it about 15 years ago for 2000...had a fresh 396 in it  :brickwall:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oldrock

Don't hate me because it isn't mopar but I really really wish I hadn't sold my 69 mustang. It was my first car and it was an amazing auto. Only car I drove just because I enjoyed the way it sounded so much. When I wasn't driving it, I sometimes just sat in it and listened to the radio. I had alot of great memories in that car and have loved muscle cars ever since.

bull

Nuthin' wrong with a 69 Rustang... as long as it was a fastback. :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

I regret selling.... :shruggy: Well, how about this. I regret sending that '68 Newport to the scrapyard when I think about how many good parts were on it. Bumpers, trim, steering wheel, dash...what hurts the most though, the 8 3/4 rearend! We took the 383-4bbl, 727 Torqueflite, driveshaft, Music Master Radio, grille, odd dash pieces, fender skirts, taillights, rear seat and that's about it.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on September 21, 2009, 10:10:09 PM
I regret selling.... :shruggy: Well, how about this. I regret sending that '68 Newport to the scrapyard when I think about how many good parts were on it. Bumpers, trim, steering wheel, dash...what hurts the most though, the 8 3/4 rearend! We took the 383-4bbl, 727 Torqueflite, driveshaft, Music Master Radio, grille, odd dash pieces, fender skirts, taillights, rear seat and that's about it.

Luckily I haven't sold anything regrettable yet either and I hope it stays that way.  I mean I sold an Audi last year I could have got more money for but I didn't really need it anyways  :shruggy: The car by the way not the money, you always need money  :D

Road Dog

Sold a 1965 Coronet 500. It was a 383 car with an Automatic on the floor and 3:91 Sure Grip.
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

LeadfootBob

My first V8 car: '66 Dodge Dart GT, some genius stuck a 360 in it and proceeded to tear the 7 1/4 axle to pieces.  Got it cheap, bought a 8 3/4 with 3.23's, installed a four-barrel intake and got one good summer out of it. Red with a white top and 14" wolferace slot mags. Loved to just cruise the back roads with all windows down and feeling the wind in my neck. By august I scored a 3.23 sure-grip pumpkin. Installed it on saturday morning, put the car in a lamp post by noon trying to powerslide out from a parking lot. No seat belts, punched the windshield out with my forehead and broke the shifter/console off with my knee. Fortunately enough the windshield was poorly mounted in the body and leaking all around, probably saved my face except for a nasty gash above my right eye. It made for a nice scar, and a reminder to lay off the damn showboating!  :shruggy:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

71ChallengeHer

I wish I still had my 70 Satellite Vert, Plum Crazy , 318 , AT, AC, PW, Cruise Control, Am-8 track, pedal dress up, deluxe interior .  :pity:

teamroth

Again not a Mope, but I loved my 1973 Chevy Impala 2door no post. I don't have one picture of that damn car. 1200 bucks with a sweet little 350. Car would cruise at about 130 and fel like you were floating.

The white one pictured is a 72, but it looks closer to what I had. And to finish it up: a DONK!
It makes me sad when I see these cars done like this.

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

PocketThunder

Quote from: teamroth on September 22, 2009, 08:47:03 PM
Again not a Mope, but I loved my 1973 Chevy Impala 2door no post. I don't have one picture of that damn car. 1200 bucks with a sweet little 350. Car would cruise at about 130 and fel like you were floating.

The white one pictured is a 72, but it looks closer to what I had. And to finish it up: a DONK!

teamroth, you must know about this site then.  www.stillruns.com     :2thumbs:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

PocketThunder

Not because of this site's name but i'd like to have kept this 70 Charger R/T. The car was on a vacant lot across the street from a local service station and i was able to purchase it for $300; it was not as bad as it looks.

You're not in Minnesota are you?  I saw this on craigslist today after reading this thread and i thought i almost found your old car less the vinly top.   :shruggy:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/cto/1343228216.html

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

crusty440

My first car would be the one I'd want back.  It was a 1969 Grand Prix, model J.  Oh the things that happened in that car.

71charger_fan

472 R/T SE

Quote from: teamroth on September 22, 2009, 08:47:03 PM

At our show Sunday I wheeled around with the president of our club looking for The Club Pick cars' to choose from.  A family was there with a '71 Impala that was fairly nice.  Cragars, stock int. & engine bay.  Just a nice clean car.  They had a die cast of it and some misc. stuff laying around it.

We always make sure the club pick hadn't won it's class & most of the time it isn't a Mope.      
I nominated it for club pick and it ended up winning.  To say the owner's were happy & proud would be an understatement.  Even the crowd approved.  It was a great day to be associated with a car club.

triple_green

My 340 (with a cam and external add ons), 4-speed. 69 Swinger was just as fast as my hemi vert and a lot easier to maintain
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

General_01

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 23, 2009, 03:17:40 PM

You're not in Minnesota are you?  I saw this on craigslist today after reading this thread and i thought i almost found your old car less the vinly top.   :shruggy:

What are you doing looking at craigslist? You looking for ANOTHER car?  :smilielol:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

RusTy/SE

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 23, 2009, 03:17:40 PM

Thanks for that PocketThunder, I'm located in central Alabama. However, even if it were my old Charger, i'm in no position to pursue it being knee deep into my Challenger as i am.

Fwiw the vin on mine was XS29U0G177194. Last i heard it was up in the Birmingham, Alabama area in the early 90s.

Cooter

I would have liked to have kept my first car, a 1967 Belvedere II 2dr hd top. Wrecked it (Young and stupid)..
Then, these would be next that I had and let go
1969 Chevelle SS 454 4-speed, 12 bolt 4:11 gear.
1982 Camaro Z/28 355 Turbo 350
1975 Chevy Luv pick up, short bed with 355 Small block
1969 Plymouth Belvedere, 2dr hd top 440- 4-speed
1972 Dodge Polara 2dr hd top, 440 auto
1965 Plymouth Satellite, 2dr hd top 340 auto 4:56 gear
1969 charger 318 auto in floor

I still have my 1968 Dart 2dr sedan with 500 CI wedge
my 1969 Charger "General Lee"
My 1958 Plymouth "Christine"
My 1970 Ford Maverick Grabber 460/C6 8.8 with 4:30 gears and a spool (In pieces)
My sons 1966 Plymouth Belvedere II, 2dr hd top (In pieces)
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.