News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Colerain twp tried to take my charger

Started by riggs626, September 11, 2009, 04:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89MOPAR

Well, leave it go 3 years and see what happens then. It will almost be no longer your property but you have a deed to it though. When you pay taxes on something, you only pay once and that's it and then it's yours.  If it was really your property then you wouldn't be paying fees each year. 

I think MMJim is right here.   the term Real Estate comes from the spanish.  Real in Spanish having to do with the king ,"Royal" .  Therefore real estate is "the kings land" - or the governments land in America -
   If you don't pay property taxes for long enough the land reverts to the government.  Therefore you do not own it free and clear, ever....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Troy

You don't pay taxes to rent the land. Your property taxes fund the local/state government and the services they provide to you (police, fire, schools, etc.). If you refuse to pay your taxes the government can seize your property to cover the taxes you owe (ie. cover your debt). That's because it's an asset (worth money) - not because they owned it all along. If you don't want to pay the taxes you have the option of selling your property to someone else and moving.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ZSmithersCharges

So what this whole thread boils down to is cincinnati ohio sucks... and all places like it  :2thumbs: Btw Im in cincinnati too... I live in Madeira and yes I love our police and officials(haha... hahaha....)

451-74Charger

Its not just Cincy, south of the river is the same
Now stop me if you heard this one

Why does the Brent Spence Brigde have 2 levels?
Its so people can throw down their shoes when they enter Kentucky, to those heading into Ohio.

Ha, Ha, my wife is from KY, and thinks im just messed up !!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 451-74Charger on September 15, 2009, 10:55:27 AM
Its not just Cincy, south of the river is the same
Now stop me if you heard this one

Why does the Brnet Spence Brige have 2 levels?
Its so people can throw down their shoes when they enter Kentucy, to those heading into Ohio.

Ha, Ha, my wife is from KY, and thinks im just messed up !!

:smilielol: Nah your alright she wouldn't understand  :cheers:

RamchargerMopar

The whole thing about telling a person what they can do with what is theirs always bothered me. I am so glad i live in hickville Maine!
Mopar or No Car!

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: RamchargerMopar on September 15, 2009, 04:47:16 PM
The whole thing about telling a person what they can do with what is theirs always bothered me. I am so glad i live in hickville Maine!

It gets at me too... only absent minded morons could be "okay" with letting the city take and/or crush other peoples belongings.  People really just don't care unless it affects them directly. Wait until their son who they always thought was into soccer gets into muscle cars or imports for that matter and brings a non running project home.  It wont be so funny to them then once their sons hard work gets sent to the crusher on something they told their representatives to do years ago.  It really just blows being the minority in any situation... because the masses really dont care who they step on in the process of getting what they want. now i understand why mexicans have a bunch of kids.  Tomorrow the people who stepped on them will be the minority and they get to do the boot mashing.  This is why I'm going to teach all of my children girl or boy to work on cars and fix things themselves.  That way they'll have a little respect and an eye for potential.  Unlike the mindless jerk offs who have no problem destroying automotive history because they don't know what it is other than an "old car that looks yucky next to my rose bush". Rant off.  And yada yada yada housing values can kiss my ass.  If everyone on my street owned a classic or two fixer upper or otherwise I would be in heaven.

TylerCharger69

It all basically boils down to one thing....MONEY!!!  Any time issues like this become political.....it's all about how much money can the city/township  can squeeze out of people.  "Oh, look!!!  A car with no plates!!!  Let's give them a citation!!"   If the car is an eyesore and it does bring down property values...that's okay....no problem there.  I understand...but if it's covered or garaged.....then no one should pitch a fit.    Like I said....it's all about how much money these assclowns can squeeze out of us.....It's funny....we even pay taxes on our homes!!!   But I guess that's just not enough.  I guess these cities need to give us another swift kick to the balls to make our lives more painful...sorry....but I see the same s**t here...I'm done ranting now..... :Twocents:

89MOPAR

Quote from: Troy on September 15, 2009, 10:09:01 AM
You don't pay taxes to rent the land. Your property taxes fund the local/state government and the services they provide to you (police, fire, schools, etc.). If you refuse to pay your taxes the government can seize your property to cover the taxes you owe (ie. cover your debt). That's because it's an asset (worth money) - not because they owned it all along. If you don't want to pay the taxes you have the option of selling your property to someone else and moving.

Troy

if that is the case, then if a guy owes $ 10K in back taxes, and he also happens to have $10K in the bank, does the gov't go thru the easier process of taking the money out of the bank ?
  No, it takes the land.

Also then , explain eminent domain.  A person owns a house and land "free and clear" with no taxes owed.  The gov't want to build a school, or shopping mall.  They force the owner to sell the land / house so they can build the school.   Yes they are compensating the owner by "buying" his land.   Yes , maybe you own the land, but name one other specific thing you own [ car, watch, etc] , that the government can Force you to sell, assuming you owe nothing to anybody.         So ok, you "own" the land, but do you really ?

Strictly speaking you are right,  realistically speaking, maybe not....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: 89MOPAR on September 16, 2009, 01:31:32 PM
Quote from: Troy on September 15, 2009, 10:09:01 AM

Troy

if that is the case, then if a guy owes $ 10K in back taxes, and he also happens to have $10K in the bank, does the gov't go thru the easier process of taking the money out of the bank ?
  No, it takes the land.

Also then , explain eminent domain.  A person owns a house and land "free and clear" with no taxes owed.  The gov't want to build a school, or shopping mall.  They force the owner to sell the land / house so they can build the school.   Yes they are compensating the owner by "buying" his land.   Yes , maybe you own the land, but name one other specific thing you own [ car, watch, etc] , that the government can Force you to sell, assuming you owe nothing to anybody.         So ok, you "own" the land, but do you really ?

Strictly speaking you are right,  realistically speaking, maybe not....
I like this guy he's smart  :icon_smile_wink:

chargergirl

I lived in the country and the neighbors couldn't complain about my cars so they did the same nonsense with my dogs. Had two Dobies and had a range of calls about vicious dogs to abandoned dogs. Each time it was the threat of being sued etc. Well one day the call came in about my Dobies keeping my neighbors from leaving their home. The dogs were viciously keeping them in the house and according to the recorded call the neighbors were terrified. Screaming and crying with OMG and why does she keep such vicious dogs...they will kill us one day...I had one saving grace. The dog catcher who normally came out to write me these constant tickets was having lunch at the end of the street. When the dispatcher told him what was going on he said you have to be kidding. She said no listen to this! They have to be put down! We are sending back up. The dog catcher said I have been at lunch right...they said yeah but...he said this whole time those Dobies have been in the front yard of the owners home sunning themselves...they still are. She is home, I am driving up where the neighbors are calling from they are in their own front yard...laughing and staging the whole thing. He had the officer that showed up write them a ticket for false report and everything that he could think of...then they wiped my record clean. If it had not been for that man sitting there eating lunch my sweet Dobies would have been destroyed because my neighbor wanted them dead. The REAL PROBLEM they didn't like the idea of me owning my own home as a single woman...assholes.
Trust your Woobie!

elacruze

Karma for the Win!!  :cheers:

Quote from: chargergirl on September 17, 2009, 08:30:16 AM
I lived in the country and the neighbors couldn't complain about my cars so they did the same nonsense with my dogs. Had two Dobies and had a range of calls about vicious dogs to abandoned dogs. Each time it was the threat of being sued etc. Well one day the call came in about my Dobies keeping my neighbors from leaving their home. The dogs were viciously keeping them in the house and according to the recorded call the neighbors were terrified. Screaming and crying with OMG and why does she keep such vicious dogs...they will kill us one day...I had one saving grace. The dog catcher who normally came out to write me these constant tickets was having lunch at the end of the street. When the dispatcher told him what was going on he said you have to be kidding. She said no listen to this! They have to be put down! We are sending back up. The dog catcher said I have been at lunch right...they said yeah but...he said this whole time those Dobies have been in the front yard of the owners home sunning themselves...they still are. She is home, I am driving up where the neighbors are calling from they are in their own front yard...laughing and staging the whole thing. He had the officer that showed up write them a ticket for false report and everything that he could think of...then they wiped my record clean. If it had not been for that man sitting there eating lunch my sweet Dobies would have been destroyed because my neighbor wanted them dead. The REAL PROBLEM they didn't like the idea of me owning my own home as a single woman...assholes.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: chargergirl on September 17, 2009, 08:30:16 AM

That is so past ridiculous that I don't even know what I would do to my neighbors but it would be hellish.

chargergirl

I had my revenge for the nasty neighbors...I lived well...all the boys grew up to be good men and then I sold the house to a bitch and her husband. (She moved in and had has law suits on all the neighbors).Nasty woman she couldn't understand why I couldn't get all my keys for the house. She wouldn't even look at me and spoke only to the person at the title company. I told her she should change the locks anyway since the key I couldn't get back belonged to my youngest who was in Afghanistan at the time. It's mom's house, you don't have to call first to come home. So it could be hazardous to their health to wake him up if he shows up on the sofa one morning. She asked why someone would raise such a violent child...yes she did. I said so you can live free in this wonderful country. Then she showed up for a job at the place I managed. OHM, OHM...love it! People amaze me EVERY DAY!
Trust your Woobie!

charger490

[/quote]

That is so past ridiculous that I don't even know what I would do to my neighbors but it would be hellish.

what to do.
go to store buy a 12 egges put them in the sun for 10 days.go to persons house at night ,put eggs down there dryer vent

Ghoste

The70RT

More like a 50lb bag of quickrete down their sewer cleanout  :eek2:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: The70RT on September 18, 2009, 09:38:19 PM
More like a 50lb bag of quickrete down their sewer cleanout  :eek2:

We had some guys doing drywall here and they put all the chunks and putty down the drain rather than taking it out to the dumpster out front... that was lovely let me tell you.

aussiemuscle

You guys with trouble with neighbourhood ordinances must be tempted to buy a junker daily driver like Uncle Buck's Mercury (for those who haven't seen it (all one of you) it's dirty, smoke belching bomb on wheels).

Finn

Ive only gotten noise complaints for parties (which were admittedly justified) and my old dog (German Shepard that took his job a little too seriously). He never bit anyone though.
What gets me the most is that people don't have the balls to confront you themselves. Shoot, if someone came over and politely stated their issue Id try my best to accommodate them...provided its reasonable.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

The70RT

Quote from: Finn on September 19, 2009, 01:04:57 AM
Ive only gotten noise complaints for parties (which were admittedly justified) and my old dog (German Shepard that took his job a little too seriously). He never bit anyone though.
What gets me the most is that people don't have the balls to confront you themselves. Shoot, if someone came over and politely stated their issue Id try my best to accommodate them...provided its reasonable.

AMEN!!!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

beware the sleeper

well what kills me, is my immediate neighbors are pretty awesome, and the people who are the problem, this actually happened.  Dude is varnishing wood in his driveway and the wind is blowing it onto my car, he tells me thats what home owners insurance is for...... I admit I kicked the air pump and junked it (I didn't realize how mad I was till I saw the parts go flying, but hey, least I kicked it and not him), and that was wrong of me, but jesus, im two houses over, he ruined 4 paint jobs over a <censored> table.   Guy is just a terrible person.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: beware the sleeper on September 19, 2009, 11:21:45 AM
well what kills me, is my immediate neighbors are pretty awesome, and the people who are the problem, this actually happened.  Dude is varnishing wood in his driveway and the wind is blowing it onto my car, he tells me thats what home owners insurance is for...... I admit I kicked the air pump and junked it (I didn't realize how mad I was till I saw the parts go flying, but hey, least I kicked it and not him), and that was wrong of me, but jesus, im two houses over, he ruined 4 paint jobs over a <censored> table.   Guy is just a terrible person.

People like that are morons... If that happened to me I would have beat the crap out of him and stuffed him and his F%cking table in his own trash cans and leave it out for the garbage men to pick up.  I guarantee no one would miss him, in fact it would be months before bill collectors started showing up at his door, in which case all evidence is washed away  :lol: I'm just kidding.. or am I?

beware the sleeper

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 19, 2009, 11:25:53 AM
Quote from: beware the sleeper on September 19, 2009, 11:21:45 AM

People like that are morons... If that happened to me I would have beat the crap out of him and stuffed him and his F%cking table in his own trash cans and leave it out for the garbage men to pick up.  I guarantee no one would miss him, in fact it would be months before bill collectors started showing up at his door, in which case all evidence is washed away  :lol: I'm just kidding.. or am I?

yeah, im kinda mid 20's tho and all trained fighter, and hes in his late 40's and about a hundred pounds over weight, so if I touched em a jury would lynch me, and im trying to be all pacifist and woo sah and stuff.