News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nor. Cal. HWY. 1 Cruise: Pictures of Who What When Where 'n Why.

Started by Brock Samson, September 10, 2009, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please state your preferences so we can git this party started...

What day of the week?
What Time of Day?
From Where to Where?
How Long Would You Prefer?
Stop for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or a Combo?

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

Through the Streets of San Francisco....
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dans 68

Down at Aquatic Park....
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dans 68

At Lincoln Park by the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.

Dans 68

...and finishing up at Nick's in Pacifica for lunch.

Dan

Dans 68

Here is an iPhone video of part of the cruise down by the Golden Gate Bridge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw4FGueLDJA. A good day.   :icon_smile_cool:

Dan

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Brock Samson

Ok, here's some of the 4,735 Pics I took...  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

I had fun and look forward to doing this again. Great to meet you all!

Neal_J

Thanks again for organizing us cats, Dave.

Neal

PS - Whose Challenger?

Brock Samson

That was a woman allready parked at Nicks' who told a story of her hubby piece 'o crap 318 chally who told her to get rid of it, it then a basketcase Challanger and instead - she had it put in a shop, painted up candy apple red, the seats done in red matching volure and suprised him with it when done. That's my kinda woman!  :yesnod:
There was also a new Red New Viper coupe there, but he got on before i could get a Pic.
I was really amazed the Chargers all ran so good since it took us more than an hour to go the length of 19th Ave.
I don't know why they organise these events Like this Marathon, the  Bay to Breakers or the Oracle/Apple conventions, Bike Races, the Gay Parade, or the south of Market Street Festivals - all of which cut one of the three routes through the City making for complete gridlock. I wish I had known about it I could have arranged another route, but there are so many events here I thought I did pretty good to plan around the Treasure Island Music Fest,..   never suspecting the Great Hwy from Ocean Beach to Brotherhood way (7 Miles) would be closed, forcing all the Sunday traffic thru at 19th Ave.  :brickwall:
The "Powers that Be" here in San Francisco are held in special intrests deep pockets and they &^!@ the average  citizen. We didn't get to Nicks' till nearly 2:00...  :shruggy:  :RantExplode: AND! just a few days ago the President was in town making $ for the DMZ again making another citywide parking lot as they even closed the 101/280 Freeways - they haven't done that since Clinton was in office since the Repubs. shun S.F. like a red headed step child...  :smilielol:
Anyhow,.. it began to rain alittle at 3:00 so it's probably just as well we wern't stuck in Half Moon Bay Traffic at that point.
Lesson learned...

Neal_J

A couple of comments.

1. You meet the nicest people in & around old cars.  Not only our members (!) but how about that nice gal (Jamie?) who tooks pics of each of us & our cars on Treasure Island.

2. The caravan pictures leaving T.I. and in & around San Francisco are fantastic!~   Tres badass.

3.  I'm glad everyone's car ran well.  We did fine too but I have vowed to replace our leaky freeze plugs before the next cruise.

4. I read the entire thread about Steve's fantastic '67 last night.  He gets the prize for long distance shake-down cruise.

5.  Sounds like a lesson learned on SF traffic.  Maybe we head toward Napa or the Blackhawk Auto Museum next time.  I'm sure there are other destinations too.

6.  I'd planned on getting several things fixed on my car beforehand but life interfered & nothing happened.  That, plus my concern that I'd blow a freeze plug, led me to initially decide not to attend this year.  However, Saturday night my son suggested (OK demanded) we go anyway to hang out with other cool Mopar folks.  Heck of a good call.  Thanks Ryan!~  Clearly, he gets his smarts from Mrs. J...

METROID

Quote from: Neal_J on October 19, 2009, 12:53:05 PM

5.  Sounds like a lesson learned on SF traffic.  Maybe we head toward Napa or the Blackhawk Auto Museum next time.  I'm sure there are other destinations too.

Coming toward Napa would be neat then I'd feel more comfortable joining you guys with my clunker then again after seeing your beautifully restored cars I don't feel worthy enough to join you guys  :rotz:.

ChgrSteve67

yep still shaking some bugs out but none so far that will have me walking.

Round trip for me yesterday was right at 250 miles.

We had lots of fun going through the city and up and down the hills. I can now say I did it in my Charger though I don't know that I care to do it again in a manual transmission car. I prayed my ass off that the lights would turn green so I would not have to stop and push in the clutch.  The tourist on the double Decker buses hanging over the edge taking pictures was really funny.

We should do a spring cruise.  There are a few more Chargers in the Livermore area I know of, tried to get them to go last Sunday but they couldn't make it.

Or maybe a car show like "MOAPRS by the Bay" we could go as a group and be the Charger display.

Thanks for posting your pics guys.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dans 68

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 19, 2009, 02:54:05 PM
Where was Frank?...  (and the Chislers?)

He was in New York - and was sorry he couldn't attend. We'll get him...between him and Brock we'll see who can chirp off the most rubber. :cheers:

Dan