News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

The funnest one  I had was one eveing I had afew folks (neighbors) stop in at my place to just look at the car. The one young man said man you have a nice chally there, his dad corrected him without missing a heart beat  :smilielol: "Thats a charger! not a challenger! can'y you read the name badge in the grill there" and the young man look and said I think it was a chally and his dad look at him and ask him is he knew his car makes  :smilielol: :smilielol: 

The 2nd one was even more funny. I had my driver door open (car is orange) and the one family that lives like 3 miles out there two sons drop in to check the car out. Me having the driver door open (working on the carpet) ask me if the doors where welded shut  ::) :lol:. The one brother look at his brother like I did and we both ask him if he did not see the door was in fact open. He then said "oh yea, doh!" . 

Anymore I just over look them as they mean no hard really. When you drive an old you will get alot of attention and questions being ask. That comes with owning these classic vehicles. 

Landonsrt

Quote from: dodgecharger72 on January 14, 2010, 02:55:11 PM
The same UPS delivery guy comes to our house every time we get a package and every time he sees me in the driveway with my charger he asks if I'm getting parts for my MUSTANG :brickwall: I corrected him four or five time but now I just nod my head. He's obviously not worth the trouble lol

My UPS guy asked my wife the other day about my GTO...............

TexasStroker

I either get Dukes of Hazzard rhetoric, nice camaro, or something worse  :eyes:  I'm surprised people even recollect the torino...I usually get camaro, chevelle, mustang once in a blue moon, but don't think a full size ford has ever been thrown at me.  The rest of the time it is the more generic, "Light 'em up hand signal" or "Hit the horn."

I need to get this vid series off myspace and onto youtube...it was from a run we had to a rootbeer stand.  A friend and myself were standing by her Charger when a guy pulled in...In addition to selling a "miracle spark plug" he also had a 69 Plymouth Charger just like hers...a 1973  :rofl:

It was one of those rare, epic moments you hear of and see staged from time-to-time, but this was actually happening...and I was actually recording it!  I held the camera vertical in "stealth mode" just mainly for the audio...did get a few shots of the car in to cover for "picture taking."

Adding insult to injury was when she schooled him on the motor, carb, and then alternator...it would have been painful to watch if it wasn't for trying to contain the laughter  :icon_smile_big:

I actually can't believe I never thought to post it on here...

Once I get the white paint off the car and update the trunk floor thread, I will work on switching them over to youtube!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Blakcharger440

This is one of the dumbest conversations I have ever had about my car (70 Charger R/T).

Me: Just out for a Saturday evening drive to a local hangout.
Dummy in import car: That is a really nice Challenger!
Me: Yelling over the exhaust note, Nope its a Charger!
Dummy: My Dad had one but it was a convertible!
Me: WOW! Wish I could find one!...(proceed to launch from stop light getting rubber in each gear.) :lol:

DodgeChargerNeeded

"I used to have one just like that"
"Is it a real R/T"
"Does it really have a 426 Hemi in it" As I'm wearing my 426 Hemi shirt driving my 318 Car. LOL my favorite
Jeff

b5blue

Yesterday I pulled into the little neighborhood hardware store and he asked me if I was there to buy orange paint.......The funny part is I didn't get the joke right away...... :-\

Foreman72

i get the "will it ever run" question a lot... just ::) and keep working on it...its all good :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Cooter

In Christine, the dumest thing I ever heard was a couple hillbillies in an old Toyota truck come flying up to the pumps where I was getting fuel and one of 'em Hollar'd out" FAIRLANE! Looking right at the letters P L Y M O U T H...

In the General Lee, The dumest would have to be the "You don't climb out the windows?"
(6ft, 275 LBS..Sure, I climb right out this window, then have to redo my damn door cause my big ass crushed it when there's a perfectly good door that OPENS)...

In the '68 Dart..."Hey! Sounds good...Is it a 383? Me: "Nope, 505 Stroker"
Him: "You need to get you one dem 440's"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

69bronzeT5

Not about the Charger but here's a new one....."How long have you had the.....Challenger? for..." (looking at the Duster in the driveway) ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

SG1022

Quote from: Hemidog on September 13, 2009, 04:30:14 PM
"How come your car doesnt have any headlights?"
Me: Old cars didn't have that.
"Oh, OK".

Best one ever!

Silver R/T

most people at work ask me "so how are you doing on that Road Runner"...that's after I've told them numerous times it's Charger. I just reply "making slow progress"...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71383bee

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

Blakcharger440

Oh, and while I was restoring my Charger the most likely comment to be made was..."You are still not done working on that?"

dstryr

Quote from: b5blue on January 14, 2010, 07:55:49 PM
Yesterday I pulled into the little neighborhood hardware store and he asked me if I was there to buy orange paint.......The funny part is I didn't get the joke right away...... :-\
:lol: :smilielol: :lol:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

skip68

I had a guy ask me if he could drive my car once.    :slap:  I should have said, "sure, right after I get done with your wife you can drive my car"....    :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ChgrSteve67

Better have a look at her first.

your Charger might be better looking.

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

MoparManJim

Geres a good one I remember haveing said to me last summer, the guy pulls up in my driveway (I started to walk out to see what was up) he ask me "What year is that Trans Am there?" I could not help but bust a gut laugh when he ask that  :smilielol: 

rp23g7

Great thread, i have a few.  When in the Coronet,

Once at the gas station a week ago.  Coming from a person driving a Prius.  "Nice Car, what engine, does it use a lot of gas"?  I get right away where this is going.

"I say its a 440 with a 850 Holley.  probably on a good day if i behave i get 10-12 mpg"

"Do you think thats a responsible thing to drive these days?"  I knew that would be coming.   so i tell him

"Before you get started, go down to the nearest marina.  Find the guy with the 454 or twin 454s in his boat, and ask him, how many GALLONS he gets to a mile"  I gan go 12 miles on a gallon of gas, he cant get out of the marina on a gallon of gas"  This shut him up.   Oh yeah, I have a boat too.

Another one.

We have a parking garage at work, i usually park the Coronet by itself, in a corner so bad things dont happen.  My licence as you see says 1BADBEE, and it has the stripes and Bee on the rear, but no grill or trunk lid bee yet.

They say "whats up with your car Steve"?  I ask why did someone hit it?

"no, your licence says !BADBEE, but its green"

I am like UMM Yeah.

"Shouldnt it be yellow and black since its a bad bee?"

"Umm its a Dodge Super Bee"  I'm not gonna explain clone to them.

"Oh, I always get mixed up on special editions"

I am thinking ummm it was a seperate model for 4 yrs, and do i really need to explain Bee to you guys, it says SuperBee on the rear fenders.  Man

GunMetal

Outside Starbucks heading to my "73 SE, group of local kids hangin' out, one says " Nice Torino.. What's it got in it ?".  He's leaning against his newer 4-door Charger!  :slap:
Non illegitimis carborundum

69bronzeT5

Quote from: rp23g7 on January 21, 2010, 01:17:21 PM
Great thread, i have a few.  When in the Coronet,

Once at the gas station a week ago.  Coming from a person driving a Prius.  "Nice Car, what engine, does it use a lot of gas"?  I get right away where this is going.

"I say its a 440 with a 850 Holley.  probably on a good day if i behave i get 10-12 mpg"

"Do you think thats a responsible thing to drive these days?"  I knew that would be coming.   so i tell him

"Before you get started, go down to the nearest marina.  Find the guy with the 454 or twin 454s in his boat, and ask him, how many GALLONS he gets to a mile"  I gan go 12 miles on a gallon of gas, he cant get out of the marina on a gallon of gas"  This shut him up.   Oh yeah, I have a boat too.

Another one.

We have a parking garage at work, i usually park the Coronet by itself, in a corner so bad things dont happen.  My licence as you see says 1BADBEE, and it has the stripes and Bee on the rear, but no grill or trunk lid bee yet.

They say "whats up with your car Steve"?  I ask why did someone hit it?

"no, your licence says !BADBEE, but its green"

I am like UMM Yeah.

"Shouldnt it be yellow and black since its a bad bee?"

"Umm its a Dodge Super Bee"  I'm not gonna explain clone to them.

"Oh, I always get mixed up on special editions"

I am thinking ummm it was a seperate model for 4 yrs, and do i really need to explain Bee to you guys, it says SuperBee on the rear fenders.  Man

Got any pictures of your Coronet/Bee? :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

revisiting this thread, i see about five time folks think the charger is a Torino,.. i think as we get farther out in time memories and old American auto knowledge will fade away and peoples' recollections will get more vague and general with every passing year, every car will be a camaro (Camaro spellchecks to Camry BTW) Mustang or Superbee, i had a long Convo. Tues night with a 30 something car guy who owns a Buick GN just painted B-5 with pearl in the clear and big balling rims and rubberband tires, who was telling me about a friend with a superbee "you know the one with the huge ass wing on the back?" i corrected him, "You mean a Superbird?" "Oh yeah that's right..  he says..
Anyhow, my point is we'd be careful not to say superbee but these dang kids today, they think the only engine ever built is a Chevy 350, that's about the total extent of their knowledge so they trot that gem out everytime they're expertise is called upon,.. or not.
I was reading the reader comments today to a on line newspaper article about cute cars, the writer a columnist extolling the virtues of the new mini cooper prius and upcoming Fiat 500, bashing American cars trucks SUVs and you know the drill,..
Anyhow the comments these everyday Joes and Janes submitted were so tree hugging Politically Correct that after I puked I had to go take some high blood pressure medicine. That they were commenting on line to a newspaper article and are presumably educated and articulate makes you wonder what the jeans down around the ankles crowd are gonna remember about their good old days when Rap was really good.

FLG

I posted in this thread earlier about people bothering the crap out of me saying a 400 is only a Pontiac motor.

Nothing really funny said yet. I think its pretty sad really, i dont mind people asking me about the car..i enjoy it alot. I just hate the folks that call it every damn name in the book before i have to tell em its a Charger, its a Big Block, and no i really dont give a crap how many miles i get to the gallon.

As a car guy, and like the rest of you...we all know with a V8 sounds like...there is NO mistaking it.

Has anyone ever came across the new charger guys with loud dual exhausts and V6's? I remember one guy revving his motor up and im wondering to myself....Does he think i THINK he has a hemi in the car? And secondly, does he realize that his sounds like a ricer with dual coffee can exhausts? Dont know about you guys but numerous times ive revved it up and people appear to crap themselves.

If i get some time this Friday ill bring my cam to the local mcdonalds...seriously there is easily 50 Fart bombs that all sound like there ripping a big one in unison while attempting to do burnouts but subsequently looking like idiots who left the E-Brake on.

Tilar

I've barely had this 73 for a week now and someone has already asked me if it was a Torino.  :flame:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

rp23g7

Quote from: FLG on January 21, 2010, 05:02:26 PM
I posted in this thread earlier about people bothering the crap out of me saying a 400 is only a Pontiac motor.

Nothing really funny said yet. I think its pretty sad really, i dont mind people asking me about the car..i enjoy it alot. I just hate the folks that call it every damn name in the book before i have to tell em its a Charger, its a Big Block, and no i really dont give a crap how many miles i get to the gallon.

As a car guy, and like the rest of you...we all know with a V8 sounds like...there is NO mistaking it.

Has anyone ever came across the new charger guys with loud dual exhausts and V6's? I remember one guy revving his motor up and im wondering to myself....Does he think i THINK he has a hemi in the car? And secondly, does he realize that his sounds like a ricer with dual coffee can exhausts? Dont know about you guys but numerous times ive revved it up and people appear to crap themselves.

If i get some time this Friday ill bring my cam to the local mcdonalds...seriously there is easily 50 Fart bombs that all sound like there ripping a big one in unison while attempting to do burnouts but subsequently looking like idiots who left the E-Brake on.

It is pretty sad, kids not realizing where the technology for the engines today came from.  I get kids stopping at a light next to me too, and reving the fart can a couple times, i rev mine and they kinda look away at something else.  How can they think that thing on the back possibly sounds good.  

I was turning left the other day, and one fart can Subaru turned the corner and the kid looked right at my car, and hammered the throttle, resulting in a typical fart noise, he must have took the wrong left cause he made a u turn and pulled up behind me.  He turned the same way i was going, tail gating me the whole way, where it turns into a two lane road at a light.  

Light was red and he pulled up beside me, i look over, sideways wearing hat goof behind the wheel.  He revs the poor little thing, i have had it and rev mine, probably all the way to 5000 rpm, he kinda shrunk down in his seat.  Light turns green and he kinda slinks along side me for a bit and turns into a driveway.

My son turned 21 today, and i thank god he never got into that import scene.  We bought him a 79 Monte Carlo ( yeah, I know, but its a nice body style) when he was 16 and hes gotten into fixing it up and all, sweet car, black with limo tint and a V6, working on a V8 transplant