News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Well Myk... The General Lee is the single most recognizable car on the planet. Driving an orange 69 Charger with or without the flag and numbers is similar to a woman that wears provacative clothing, then gets pissed when people make comments. There are several other colors you could go with that would virtually eliminate any Gen Lee comments. I can't recall the last time anyone made a Gen Lee reference to my RED '70.
You like the orange? Great. Its your car and your choice to paint it whatever color that you want. You will have to understand that your choice will result in the comments that you don't like.

doctor4766

A lady (and a very attractive one I might add) came to pick up her car this afternoon. She had her little girl with her, who was about 5 or 6 years old.
Anyway, when the girl saw my Charger in the workshop she turn to her mother and said "Wow. Look at that Ferrari"
Her mother just looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and smiled at me.
Kids can be so cute sometimes.
Gotta love a '69

cavemanno1

Don't know why have to get pissed off when someone make a stupid comment!Is it worth it?There are way more serious things out there to be pissed off at!Just correct them,smile or nod and let them be ignorant!

I had a guy(it's in Hungary with the only '69 in the country and people knows way less about USA cars then there)in the petrol station saying that this car was made when he was born!I say you were born in 1969?He says no 1958!I say this is a 1969 model,he says but they make them earlier as well!I just nod and smile at him!Let the man be happy!Who cars if a stranger doesn't know what year it is?I couldn't give a flying fu.k!

People at the gas station always asked me how much the fuel consumption!I said i don't care because I'm filthy rich and i can do whatever i want!Seeing their eyes roll in disgust makes me laugh!Or they ask me how much was it i say $100k!

Make fun of them if they are real ass clowns but be polite to those who just like it and wanna know what it is!

Peter

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: doctor4766 on April 02, 2012, 03:23:52 AM
A lady (and a very attractive one I might add) came to pick up her car this afternoon. She had her little girl with her, who was about 5 or 6 years old.
Anyway, when the girl saw my Charger in the workshop she turn to her mother and said "Wow. Look at that Ferrari"

should of got her number unless you married.... :icon_smile_big:

doctor4766

Nah I'm not married anymore, but she's the wife of one of my regular customers anyway, so no go zone.
Gotta love a '69

Fred

Quote from: doctor4766 on April 02, 2012, 03:23:52 AM

That really is cute. got to love some of the things kids come up with.  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: cavemanno1 on April 02, 2012, 03:59:45 AM
!

I had a guy(it's in Hungary with the only '69 in the country and people knows way less about USA cars then there)in the petrol station saying that this car was made when he was born!I sayyou were born in 1969?He says no 1958!I say this is a 1969 model,he saysbut they make them earlier as well!

That's really funny. Had a good chuckle!  :lol:

Fred

Quote from: cavemanno1 on April 02, 2012, 03:59:45 AM
People at the gas station always ask me how much the fuel consumption!I said i don't care because I'm filthy rich and i can do whatever i want!Seeing their eyes roll in disgust makes me laugh!
Peter

:lol:    Good one, I might use that line myself next time.

Cooter

I guess one of the more craziest things I've heard right here from you guys is that you get tired of hearing the GL sh*t about your car...Try owning A General Lee. THEN you'll hear some GL sh*t like "Hey! Where's Daisy?"
or, "Those doors should be welded shut!" (Um, yeah...Like I'm gonna climb out the window when there's a perfectly good opening door right here?), or "Hey! You jump that thing!?" Etc;Etc;Etc;
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

charger_fan_4ever

Once mine is on the road any stupid comments will receive a smile and nod. I love toying with people, but lets face it how many 2nd generations are there in a 100 mile radius the same color as your car ? Last thing I want is to get it keyed or something crazy like that cause I ragged on some moron who does not know a headlight from a quarter panel.

rp23g7

Not in a Charger, but in the Coronet....

My plate frame in the rear says "Buy a Hybrid, I Need Your Gas"  that may have something to do with this comment.

I pull in for gas, there was a Nissan Leaf sitting by the curb closest to my car, i assume because all the spots close to the building were taken.

Out comes a guy that must weigh 300+lbs.  He walks by the rear of my car.  "Super Bee, that must use a ton of gas, you should be ashamed of yourself, GEEEZ"   WTF???

So I turn around and say, "Before you say another word, go google a Lithium mine, and why dont you go join a gym with all the money your saving on gas"".  he gets a pissed look on his face and takes off.

lloyd3

A few years ago, I pulled into Cherry Creek Dodge here in Aurora for some stuff for my '01 pickup and heard an employee say to one of his co-workers "what's that?  They didn't make R/Ts until just last year".

DixieRestoParts

Not a Charger story, but hope you'll enjoy it. Years ago, I had a 67 Barracuda Fastback with a '73 340. It would scoot. I was driving home from work and a 68 Cutlass 442 pulled out from this car lot and pulled up beside me. He goosed it and I goosed it back. He hit it and jumped about a fender in front. About that time a cop came around a curve in the oncoming lane and hit his blue lights. I quickly turned off on a side street, but to no avial. He followed me and pulled me over. I told him I wasn't racing, but I knew he thought that we were racing and I didn't need a ticket. He asked me how did he know that we weren't racing, and I said, "Because I would have been in front." He laughed and said, "What kind of Mustang is that?" To which I replied, "The Plymouth Barracuda kind." He sweated me a few more minutes and let me go.  :cheers:
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

GOTWING

At my work to the left of my work counter area i have a big cork board full of mopar pictures that i have sliced out of calenders over the years and have them pinned up, so today a co worker that actually rents a trailer from me and i know pretty well says "did they put a corvette front end on that car?" it doesnt look rite.. i was like  :slap: He's looking to his right at a 69 silver Daytona on the wall... :brickwall:

71wrenchhead

i got asked if my charger was done yet.........now, thats normal i suppose

but i was asked through an email, while im in Afghanistan and the guy asking is back in my home town....   REALLY!?!??!

i told him yeah, i just have to adjust some things    :rotz:   
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

monolith

Thanks for your service 71.(and all servicemen and women on this board.)

I had my Charger parked next to my 64 Chevy Suburban 4x4 and was pulling the doghouse off of the truck when a neighbor came bye and asked if I was going to put the car body on the truck frame and make a monster truck out of it. I also had a friends 66 mustang parked in the back and when I replied "No" he pointed at it and said "well how about that one, then?"

71wrenchhead

Quote from: monolith on April 04, 2012, 12:02:05 PM
Thanks for your service 71.(and all servicemen and women on this board.)

I had my Charger parked next to my 64 Chevy Suburban 4x4 and was pulling the doghouse off of the truck when a neighbor came bye and asked if I was going to put the car body on the truck frame and make a monster truck out of it. I also had a friends 66 mustang parked in the back and when I replied "No" he pointed at it and said "well how about that one, then?"

no problem

and, well...........are ya????!?!?!     :popcrn:
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

monolith

:smilielol: No, my friend sold her mustang before I could "improve" it.

41husk

I had a guy come up to me this weekend, The first thing he asked was what year the Daytona was.  Then he said "I will give you $20k for it today".  I said that would be fine and how long will it be before he paid the ballance :rofl: :cheers: 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Fred

Quote from: 41husk on April 04, 2012, 01:09:02 PM
I had a guy come up to me this weekend, The first thing he asked was what year the Daytona was.  Then he said "I will give you $20k for it today".  I said that would be fine and how long will it be before he paid the ballance :rofl: :cheers:  

:smilielol: :smilielol: So what was his reaction?

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

GOTWING

So yesterday we have our Easter family gathering at my house and my sister in law asks me,  hey can the kids see your Firebird? FIREBIRD!! :flame: I said you mean the Superbird? Well you know what i mean.. So i opened the garage up so the kids could see "King" :D

MaximRecoil

Some guy walking past my '69 in the grocery store parking lot said "imitation Charger" and kept on walking. I still don't what he was thinking, unless he was under the impression that the Charger was a variant of some other model, like the GTO was to the Tempest. Or maybe he figured I slapped Charger body panels onto a VW Beetle chassis or something.

I get the "Where's Daisy?" and "When are you going to jump it?" stuff as well, along with it being called the wrong model (e.g., Challenger) and/or the wrong year, as new as 1978 in one instance.

I know this is an old thread, but it is a good one.

myk

Quote from: MaximRecoil on September 01, 2013, 12:33:33 PM
Some guy walking past my '69 in the grocery store parking lot said "imitation Charger" and kept on walking. I still don't what he was thinking, unless he was under the impression that the Charger was a variant of some other model, like the GTO was to the Tempest.

I get the "Where's Daisy?" and "When are you going to jump it?" stuff as well, along with it being called the wrong model (e.g., Challenger) and/or the wrong year, as new as 1978 in one instance.

I know this is an old thread, but it is a good one.

Lol what is it with "1978?"  When people try to guess my car's year 1978 usually comes up...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"