News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

Tell them

I recycled my Charger how about you?

My Charger was built and rebuilt by American workers.

Those fancy batteries are going to do the plannet lots of good.

What condition do you think your car is going to be in when its 40?

METROID

Quote from: HOTROD on June 17, 2010, 09:49:39 PM
A friend of mine is still calling my car a challenger , did you get parts for your challenger --he says he can not tell the difference between a charger, cornet, road runner and a challenger ??? I swear he's a pollock  :shruggy: and he's 44 years old !!

Some of my friends do this too but often I just smile :yesnod: and remember they only forget it is a Charger because when they see the modern Challenger it reminds them of my car and not that POS 4-door that discraces the Charger name.

oldgold69

when i pull mine to work on it.  my neighbor will come over and say you working on the old dukes of hazzard car  what is it again  happens every time

Chevysrule

Magnumcharger

Quote from: tan top on September 10, 2009, 05:22:46 PM
yep , whats the gas milage  :yesnod:  , nother one is !! ( & no offence to my GL charger Buddys  :cheers:  :2thumbs:) , but   are  you going to paint it orange  !! you should    turn it into a dukes of hazzard car :yesnod: :scratchchin:  :brickwall:

EVERY TIME I take my Charger out of the garage, I get some imbicile (a new one every time) that suggests I paint it like the General Lee.
In fact, they are SUCH DOLTS, that they don't even have the brain to refer to the actual General Lee (that might indicate a bit of mental recall).
The just ask me if I'm going to paint it orange and put 01 on the door.
It's a BLUE 1968 Charger R/T.

My standard answer usually involves the F word.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

bill440rt

Well, it happened again tonite. Another one-on-one encounter with a dumb ass.  :shortbus:   Went to a nice local cruise night here in Central NJ.
I smelled the Ol' Grand Dad oozing from his sweaty pores. Black spaces between his brown rotted teeth. Or what was left of them.

"Hey, isn't that there the Gen'ral Lee car?"

Uhhhh, no. Not quite.  :slap:

"Are ya shur? That looks just like it, 'cept the Gen'l Lee was orange and yours is red with that black top."

Uh, nope. It's not. Different car.  ::)

(Here it comes...)  "Oh. Well, are ya gonna paint it orange?"  :brickwall:

No. Never. (Sidenote: I personally have NOTHING against GL's, I just wanted this rejectile to go away.)

"Well, what about the horn? I bet ya gots one of those horns in there, right?" (This question is asked whilst making horn-beeping motions with his hands.)  :loser:

Nope. Just a regular horn.

"Oh."

Nice talking to you. He scratched his head, then walked away.

After that, the night was balanced off by actually talking to real people with intelligent questions. So, all wasn't lost.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

chargergirl

Older gent walks up to the husband while he's parking his Rampage..."Man I loved those mini El Camino's! Haven't seen one in years! If you ever want to sell it call me". Then he walked away. Shouldn't be at the liquor store when your on meds!

And then you get one of these...We're towing a 72 Roadrunner, parts car, back to the Panhandle and stopped at the rest stop. Older guy keeps looking at the trailer. He's driving a $200K easy motorhome. Slowly makes his way to the car. As my husband gets back to the truck he and the older gent start talking about the car. What kind, thought so just wasn't sure. What year, good to see one again. Just a great guy. Then the older gent ends with..."Well', You have your hands full there. I don't think you'll ever bring her back. We told him she would give her life so another could live. You could see the memories flowing.
Trust your Woobie!

Plum Crazy 68

Worst one I heard was "Is that a muscle car?"  Said with a heavy foreign accent.

dodgeboy67

"is that a fairlane or a marlin?" is the common thing i get asked. but the one that kills me is "is that a 318 big block?"

69bronzeT5

I got a funny one from a car show today. I was looking at these two '70 Chargers. This guy kept walking around and looking at them with his buddy and he says "I wonder if this thing has the right tail lights to make a General Lee" and he looks at one of the '70s and goes "Nope, it's got rectangle ones". Then he walks over to the other '70 and goes "This one has rectangle ones too so neither can be made into a General Lee". I was getting a good chuckle out of this BUT then he drops to bomb. He says to his friend "The General Lee has ROUND TAIL LIGHTS". I looked at my dad and he just smiled knowing I really wanted to correct the guy :hah: :smilielol: :slap: :shortbus: The guy I'm talking about is behind my dad in the first pic. That's my dad with the Harley shirt and sun glasses.

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

73rallye440magnum

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

jb666

I LOVE the comment I got this Friday night...

A guy was looking my car over..Up, down, inside & out.. He comes over to me and says "Nice... Is it a real Charger or a clone?". I (jokingly) said "no, it's only a base model Lemans that I put the badges on". He says "Oh, really?? Nice work!"

:brickwall:

doctor4766

Quote from: jb666 on June 20, 2010, 06:49:25 PM

A guy was looking my car over..Up, down, inside & out.. He comes over to me and says "Nice... Is it a real Charger or a clone?". I (jokingly) said "no, it's only a base model Lemans that I put the badges on". He says "Oh, really?? Nice work!"

Bwahaha
Gotta love a '69

Cooter

Quote from: jb666 on June 20, 2010, 06:49:25 PM

Whadda dumbass...I ran into one this Sat. at the crusie night...I had my new Challenger project on the trailer and after gettin' the "For sale" or "for show" comments, one guy walked up and said "So, what year Charger is it?"

I replied, "Well, it started out as a Dodge Intrepid that I reworked the quarter panels on with Charger only pieces"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

resq302

Dumbest question I have to get is with my repro window sticker on the window.  "Are you really selling it for that much?"  Sure, pal.  Do you have a time machine that we can travel back to 1969?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69rtse4spd

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on June 19, 2010, 07:14:13 AM
"is that a fairlane or a marlin?" is the common thing i get asked. but the one that kills me is "is that a 318 big block?"

Next one that asked you this, tell them it was a 6-cyl. that you add two cyls. to it & watch there reaction.  :scratchchin:.

mysil bergsprekken

"That car is SO ugly, that it is actually cool looking"

I didn't know whether I should take it as a compliment or what..... what do you think?
69 charger RT

TK73

Quote from: mysil bergsprekken on November 30, 2011, 03:12:51 AM

I didn't know whether I should take it as a compliment or what..... what do you think?

Tell them they are so ugly they might actually be cool looking...

"Same with you" would work

:icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

D13vyl

Revelation 19:11 "And I saw heaven opened, and behold a BLACK CHARGER; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he does judge and make war."

cavemanno1

friend of my parants(a woman)saw our cars twice!the first time the headlights were on and a few days later the second time she saw it they weren't on and she said it looked better before i took the headlights off:)my wife told her they are hideaways:)!was funny!

projectanimal

Got our car home, off the trailer, and into the garage (open headers 440).  next day one of my neighbors is walking by (has to know everyone's business) and ask's " so, you building a race car"?   :RantExplode:   NO - will make it a nice driver.   He responds "nice, I use to have one just like that...Pontiac GTO.... :brickwall:"   ummmm no...this is a 1970 Charger.   Him "oh yeah... those are great cars too".    Then he finishes with "hope you built up your savings, that's going to cost ya."   I quickly walked back up my driveway and said "no, these really aren't that bad at all"....Just to make him think as he finished his daily walk!!   :nana:
northwest CT

mysil bergsprekken

Quote from: TK73 on November 30, 2011, 03:28:39 AM
Quote from: mysil bergsprekken on November 30, 2011, 03:12:51 AM

Tell them they are so ugly they might actually be cool looking...

"Same with you" would work

:icon_smile_big:

Hehe, not sure if I would dear to do that, but if I did, then they cant really blame me because they were asking for it.
It surely is a nice answer though.
69 charger RT

1st_charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on September 10, 2009, 05:57:37 PM
Quote from: tan top on September 10, 2009, 05:22:46 PM
yep , whats the gas milage  :yesnod:  , nother one is !! ( & no offence to my GL charger Buddys  :cheers:  :2thumbs:) , but   are  you going to paint it orange  !! you should    turn it into a dukes of hazzard car :yesnod: :scratchchin:  :brickwall:
Actually I have been asked if I'm going to put the letters and flag on it.  NOooooooooooo.

That's the one I get the most of! most of the time I don't pay much attention to it but after awhile it gets real old!

also get the ones that say I had one just like that except it was green and a 70 and a road runner and a 440 hemi! Just like my orange 69 charger!

badass

mopars best **** the rest

383hp

after telling a co worker i bought a charger his responce was
him:is it the long one or the short one?
me: um the long one
him: oh those are rare i only seen a few of those
me: me too