News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerrt440

When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

Laxy

Sitting at the movies as the credits start to roll on 2 Fast 2 Furious and there was a young couple in front of us.

Girl: 'That was pretty good'
Guy: 'Yeah, how good was the Charger in it! That's the only reason I wanted to see it'

Held back from trying to explain it was a 70 Challenger and looked nothing like the Charger in the first movie.

Cruising on a Sat night in my aussie Charger I have had a girl lean out the window of a car coming the other way and yell out 'Nice Monaro!!!'... I was just happy someone was appreciating a classic car amongst all the ricers cruising around.
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

RCKSTR

Quote from: b5blue on January 24, 2010, 09:29:14 AM
You would think by now someone would make a Gen. Lee Monster Truck kinda rig to race with Grave Digger and the like.(fiberglass body so no Charger's were harmed)

Like this one?

khodne

My '70 is Orange and the most asked question "when does the 01 and flag go on?". :brickwall:

MoparManJim

Quote from: khodne on January 31, 2010, 06:12:34 PM
My '70 is Orange and the most asked question "when does the 01 and flag go on?". :brickwall:

Now you and the others will have to remember one thing. We love a car design and style that is now also an icon by a lot of people out there for playing a role that alot of folks of all ages did like back in the day on a tv show that ran for 7 whole seasons. So when folks sees a charger of a 2nd gen the first thing they think of is that orange car other known as the General Lee. So we all just have to get used to it anymore.   

THE COLONEL

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 10, 2009, 05:34:37 PM
The number one dumb-assed question I always get asked....usually from a toothless redneck......"Where's Daisy?"

believe it or not, I have had the same question.  i don't think it matters what color your Charge ris, you get that question.  I had someone ask...because the underside of my trunk lid is orange, and being it is signed by the cast of teh Dukes.....that was it a real one, and was it ornage at one time.  I find it funny.  But if you haven't heard this response to "Where's Daisy", here is what to say, because they have no idea how to respond to it.  tell them, "she's in the trunk...you gotta a shovel?" :2thumbs:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

chargerjy9

is that a Monte Carlo?

or

is it for sale? I'll give ya 5 grand for it
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

375instroke

ugly2u

:drool5:
I have a guy near my office who keeps drooling on my car.

Yesterday he asked if I would trade my freshly restored charger for a rusty nomad looking wagon, plus an unrestored 76 corvette, and he will throw in a volkswagon bug.

I told him it is tempting and I would consider it.....
:
:hah:

1969chargerrtse

That my Charger is sharp looking except for the gas cap up on the fender.  :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger´69

You have nice Challenger  :o :icon_smile_big: I´ve heard it few times...

Well, it isn´t very bad insult but kind of funny, because there reads in many place in car that CHARGER and still someone thinks it is Challenger  :slap: :smilielol:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

doctor4766

believe it or not, I have had the same question.  i don't think it matters what color your Charge ris, you get that question.  I had someone ask...because the underside of my trunk lid is orange, and being it is signed by the cast of teh Dukes.....that was it a real one, and was it ornage at one time.  I find it funny.  But if you haven't heard this response to "Where's Daisy", here is what to say, because they have no idea how to respond to it.  tell them, "she's in the trunk...you gotta a shovel?" :2thumbs:
[/quote]

Actually...........
I have a Daisy that I bought off ebay to use as a prop in the back seat when we GL up with the magnetics for a show.
Ya kinda have to blow her up for her to look like Daisy so when someone askes me where Daisy is and I tell them she's in the trunk thay just say "yeah.. sure she is"

Someone once mentioned that it must be a pain not being able to drive at night since there's no headlights...
And yes I also get the "Nice Challenger, Mustang, Monaro, Camaro" comments.
Some people huh?
Gotta love a '69

rick.d

I always seem to get older guys asking if its a 69...Followed by a short conversation how they had one back in the day. Followed by how they totalled it...Now when they tell me they had one, my first question is "How did it get wrecked?".. :'(

jb666

I had a funny one this past weekend, at a show... "I had one of these , from the factory, as a convertible. It was nice!".

Sure ya did.. And I'm sure the hits of Acid you did were nice, too! :2thumbs:

Cooter

Yepper, Broke down in the GL in redneckville Va. the other day..Had no fire..Brand new MSD Coil (Blaster II) went bad..I had a car load of punk kids roll up and the driver says "Wanna sell it?" I say "Sure, how much you got?" Replies "I'll give 'ya $3000.00 for it right now"................Keep on smokin' that sh*t kid..Keep on....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

b5blue

My 70 is kinda "rough" yet it still gets complements, a guy at work was telling me about his "R/T Bee" with a 383 Hemi.....what a ride that was!  :lol:

doctor4766

Quote from: b5blue on June 17, 2010, 06:42:18 PM
My 70 is kinda "rough" yet it still gets complements, a guy at work was telling me about his "R/T Bee" with a 383 Hemi.....what a ride that was!  :lol:

Lol he obviously means his stroked Chebby  :slap:
Gotta love a '69

noff57

rick.d I was at a local car show this past weekend and there was an older man that had a NICE 1970 Satilite. And he was telling me that when he was younger he had a 69 charger and totalled it. It seems to have happened alot?  :shruggy:

b5blue

Most old fast cars were destroyed as they were sold to younger less seasoned drivers, I was just old enough that by the time I could buy one the darn insurance was sky high. That killed muscle cars more than anything like gas shortages or emissions regulations in the 70's, the cars were around still but the freaking insurance was more than the car cost to buy. Wrecks were a common event when I was growing up, just like blown engines and trannys among the younger crowds.....we had a lead foot!  :lol:

69bronzeT5

Not a really stupid comment but I found it funny. I was out working on the Duster and I had the garage open. These 2 guys about 16-17 walk by and one goes to the other "What's that blue car (while pointing to the Duster)....a Chevelle or something?" and then pointing at the Charger goes "Dude, that's the Dukes of Hazzard Charger!!!!" :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 17, 2010, 08:59:50 PM
Not a really stupid comment but I found it funny. I was out working on the Duster and I had the garage open. These 2 guys about 16-17 walk by and one goes to the other "What's that blue car (while pointing to the Duster)....a Chevelle or something?" and then pointing at the Charger goes "Dude, that's the Dukes of Hazzard Charger!!!!" :lol:

Well, at least he got the charger name right for that car.  :lol: 

Just tell me, did anyone inlightin him about the other car?  :lol: 

69bronzeT5

Quote from: MoparManJim on June 17, 2010, 09:09:23 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 17, 2010, 08:59:50 PM

Well, at least he got the charger name right for that car.  :lol: 

Just tell me, did anyone inlightin him about the other car?  :lol: 

Nope.....they walked down the street got in their car and left (they attended an event down the street and parked by my house).
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ChgrSteve67

Sabre

Quote from: rp23g7 on January 21, 2010, 01:17:21 PM
Great thread, i have a few.  When in the Coronet,

Once at the gas station a week ago.  Coming from a person driving a Prius.  "Nice Car, what engine, does it use a lot of gas"?  I get right away where this is going.

"I say its a 440 with a 850 Holley.  probably on a good day if i behave i get 10-12 mpg"

"Do you think thats a responsible thing to drive these days?"  I knew that would be coming.
  so i tell him

"Before you get started, go down to the nearest marina.  Find the guy with the 454 or twin 454s in his boat, and ask him, how many GALLONS he gets to a mile"  I gan go 12 miles on a gallon of gas, he cant get out of the marina on a gallon of gas"  This shut him up.   Oh yeah, I have a boat too.

Another one.

We have a parking garage at work, i usually park the Coronet by itself, in a corner so bad things dont happen.  My licence as you see says 1BADBEE, and it has the stripes and Bee on the rear, but no grill or trunk lid bee yet.

They say "whats up with your car Steve"?  I ask why did someone hit it?

"no, your licence says !BADBEE, but its green"

I am like UMM Yeah.

"Shouldnt it be yellow and black since its a bad bee?"

"Umm its a Dodge Super Bee"  I'm not gonna explain clone to them.

"Oh, I always get mixed up on special editions"

I am thinking ummm it was a seperate model for 4 yrs, and do i really need to explain Bee to you guys, it says SuperBee on the rear fenders.  Man

Emphasis mine, I really can't stand these enviro green wackos who try to preach to muscle car owners that it's not responsible to drive a car like that these days.  I got into a debate with a greenie who made the argument that V-8's should be banned.  That there is no point in driving a muscle car. :flame:  Well you know what screw them, I live in America, I can CHOOSE what type of car I want to drive (within my budget of course).

HOTROD

A friend of mine is still calling my car a challenger , did you get parts for your challenger --he says he can not tell the difference between a charger, cornet, road runner and a challenger ??? I swear he's a pollock  :shruggy: and he's 44 years old !!
What the Hell-Dumass !