News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's the dumbest or silliest thing anyone ever said about your Charger?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, September 10, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71383bee

Another one I get is "why did you put a 350 stroker in a mopar?" 

Ahh no see mine is a real 383! 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

jbweems

Does it have the Eliminator engine in it?  It's a Cougar, right?  I told the guy it eats Cougars.
1972 Charger
2004 Ram 1500

mauve66

Quote from: rp23g7 on January 21, 2010, 08:38:53 PM
Light was red and he pulled up beside me, i look over, sideways wearing hat goof behind the wheel.  He revs the poor little thing, i have had it and rev mine, probably all the way to 5000 rpm, he kinda shrunk down in his seat. Light turns green and he kinda slinks along side me for a bit and turns into a driveway.

My son turned 21 today, and i thank god he never got into that import scene.  We bought him a 79 Monte Carlo ( yeah, I know, but its a nice body style) when he was 16 and hes gotten into fixing it up and all, sweet car, black with limo tint and a V6, working on a V8 transplant

he was waiting for you to get on it :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

69bronzeT5

I drove my Duster to school today.....had some kid say "Duster....that name just makes the car sound like a POS". I'm like huh? :slap: :shruggy: :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

rp23g7

Quote from: mauve66 on January 22, 2010, 07:24:00 PM
Quote from: rp23g7 on January 21, 2010, 08:38:53 PM
Light was red and he pulled up beside me, i look over, sideways wearing hat goof behind the wheel.  He revs the poor little thing, i have had it and rev mine, probably all the way to 5000 rpm, he kinda shrunk down in his seat. Light turns green and he kinda slinks along side me for a bit and turns into a driveway.

My son turned 21 today, and i thank god he never got into that import scene.  We bought him a 79 Monte Carlo ( yeah, I know, but its a nice body style) when he was 16 and hes gotten into fixing it up and all, sweet car, black with limo tint and a V6, working on a V8 transplant

he was waiting for you to get on it :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :2thumbs:

Not on that street, there is a cop that gets off right about the time i drive by, hes cool, we have talked at the gas station when i stop there and he comes in to gas up, but i dont want to ruin anything by knowingly doing something stupid in front of him

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 22, 2010, 08:10:32 PM
I drove my Duster to school today.....had some kid say "Duster....that name just makes the car sound like a POS". I'm like huh? :slap: :shruggy: :scratchchin:

You want o get even with him, wait just wait till he is out with afew of his buds and you are out and make sure it's on a road where there is no one at or going or coming and past him him by real fast and to top that off, honk your horn as you past him  :D. The later ask him how was the dust that was behind you.  :lol:

wayfast1500

Is that for sale? How much cash? Why isn't it orange?  Although a contractor that comes into my work a lot did ask if it was a satellite I have to give him credit he was pretty close while only getting a glimpse across the parking lot.

Stretch

Quote from: Tilar on January 21, 2010, 07:08:51 PM
I've barely had this 73 for a week now and someone has already asked me if it was a Torino.  :flame:

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets that.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

jb666

I've had too many dumb things fly my way (as has every other GL owner out there), but one guy came up to me this summer, at a show, and asked me "Would you jump this when you leave here tonight?  I wanted to take a picture for my boy".. You do that, of you signing back up for the 3rd grade  :brickwall:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mauve66

Quote from: jb666 on January 23, 2010, 04:16:08 PM
I've had too many dumb things fly my way (as has every other GL owner out there), but one guy came up to me this summer, at a show, and asked me "Would you jump this when you leave here tonight?  I wanted to take a picture for my boy".. You do that, of you signing back up for the 3rd grade  :brickwall:

whats wrong, i seen them Duke boys do it every week back in the 70's..........................................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Cooter

Yeah, the "Dukes" dumb questions take the cake...Like the ever popular...

"Hey! Are you running the shocks the Duke Boys ran so you can jump it? I heard they had special shocks so it would land and not mess it up"...

Reply: "Why sho nuff! The name of them are "Special "Dukes" Shocks..You can get 'em at the local NAPA. But! You have to be careful as they are different from front to rear cause of the engine's weight".....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

b5blue

You would think by now someone would make a Gen. Lee Monster Truck kinda rig to race with Grave Digger and the like.(fiberglass body so no Charger's were harmed)

Mike DC

John Schnieder has said back in the day people literally asked him, "Man, what kinda (shocks/springs/whatever) do you run in the General Lee?  Every time I jump my charger like that, it breaks!" 

The vast majority of people I run across today are aware that the GL's flights were pretty taxing on the prop cars, although they usually underestimate just HOW bad the damage was. 

mjwebb

last night I had my 70 out and when I came out of a bar there were, as usual, a small group of guys checking it out and just as I walked by one guy was saying to another how "those tires aren't that wide". I said they were the biggest tires I could get on the back and had to put air shocks on so they would fit. He replied "I guess I'm used to looking at truck tires"

As much as my car is a chick magnet, I'm not so sure it's not more of a "Chuck magnet"

b5blue

When I get the Dukes/orange paint comments on my blue 70 I just tell them no your looking at Gen. Grant, he kicked Lee's ass!   :lol:

mauve66

Quote from: b5blue on January 24, 2010, 12:35:45 PM
When I get the Dukes/orange paint comments on my blue 70 I just tell them no your looking at Gen. Grant, he kicked Lee's ass!   :lol:

now thats funny, might get moltave cocktailed down south though
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

METROID

"My Toyota Camry will beat your Charger in a race anytime but we will have to race during the daytime because your car has no headlights"

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Foreman72

Quote from: METROID on January 30, 2010, 07:00:50 AM
"My Toyota Camry will beat your Charger in a race anytime but we will have to race during the daytime because your car has no headlights"

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:o :o

no way
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

CurtisC

I was at the parts store ordering a fuel pump and filter for my old '74 and the guy who works there is kind of an a**hole. I go up to him and tell him what I need. This is exactly how it went..I'll never forget it.

"They didn't make Charger's in 74."
"Yeah, they did"
"Nope, they stopped in '71"
"No..they really didn't, I have a 74 sitting in my driveway"
"K Well...I'm only seeing parts for 71's"
"Well look up parts for 74"
..."Oh...what engine?"
"360"
"Dodge didn't make a 360"

I just said never mind and went somewhere else lol.

elanmars

Quote from: CurtisC on January 30, 2010, 02:00:25 PM
I was at the parts store ordering a fuel pump and filter for my old '74 and the guy who works there is kind of an a**hole. I go up to him and tell him what I need. This is exactly how it went..I'll never forget it.

"They didn't make Charger's in 74."
"Yeah, they did"
"Nope, they stopped in '71"
"No..they really didn't, I have a 74 sitting in my driveway"
"K Well...I'm only seeing parts for 71's"
"Well look up parts for 74"
..."Oh...what engine?"
"360"
"Dodge didn't make a 360"

I just said never mind and went somewhere else lol.

I'm taking one of my Charger books and having it in the car, I'm so sick of old farts going "no they didn't make that" comments and looking down on us "youngsters" 'cause we "weren't even alive back then". That way I can go "little education for ya pops, read right there-Chrysler DID MAKE A 400 ENGINE".
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

gschmidt211

The first time I had my '72 Charger Rallye out in public, a guy came up to me and told me that if he owned the car, he would fill in the impressions on the doors so that they are nice and smooth.  His rational was that it would make the car more aerodynamic and faster of course.

I had no idea how to respond to that.  To this day it is an ongoing joke with my friend who was there to witness the comment.

This was not some dude off of the street.  I got this comment a spring, Mopar only, swap meet.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

Charger RT

A few years ago I had some work to do in my garage and I didn't want the 68 in there while I was doing it. So I backed it out and put it on the side under the oak tree. A few hours later a car (GM) came up the side street and they saw the charger. They turned at the corner and stopped at my driveway and started beeping their f@#$ing horn to get my attention. I stick my head out and they yell is the car for sale. I said never. They yell back it probably doesn't even run. :eek2: I stopped letting them waste anymore of my time and just went back to work.

I have had some good comments since I moved down here and made at least one friend.
Tim

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

Quote from: Charger RT on January 30, 2010, 10:19:29 PM
A few years ago I had some work to do in my garage and I didn't want the 68 in there while I was doing it. So I backed it out and put it on the side under the oak tree. A few hours later a car (GM) came up the side street and they saw the charger. They turned at the corner and stopped at my driveway and started beeping their f@#$ing horn to get my attention. I stick my head out and they yell is the car for sale. I said never. They yell back it probably doesn't even run. :eek2: I stopped letting them waste anymore of my time and just went back to work.

I have had some good comments since I moved down here and made at least one friend.
Tim

gm guys :rotz:
70charginglizard