News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Colonel took his second trophy!!

Started by THE COLONEL, September 08, 2009, 11:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

There were some fine looking Mopars at "Mopars in the Park" in Butler, PA on Sunday, and I am a little shocked that I took a trophy.  They had just over 150 cars there, and the top 40 ( in no particular order) got trophys.  It came down to the last three when they called my name.  I know most of you have won stuff with your cars, but I do more car cruises that don't have trophies, then car shows, but it is still a cool feeling to win one.  Even though it is a $4 (if that) trophy, it still makes you feel proud of all the hard work put into the cars, and that people appreciate them.  My dad took one too with his 64 Plymouth Sport Fury.  If it would ever stop rainging here, I might be able to get some pics up.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

elacruze

Congratulations!

I love your paint scheme. A long time ago, I had exactly that scheme in my head for my car, with something in the doors like the hood. In the end, after 30 years, I've decided to go back with the original Silver and add the black tail stripe. Call me old lol.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

bigred68

I've been meaning to tell you that your car looks great. I really like the 318, kinda' back to basics old school look of the Colonel. You did an awsome job with its restification and it shows!!  :2thumbs: Obviously others can agree as your trophy cabinet is getting crowded!! ;) Have I ever mentioned that although we've never met, we should have? I'm in NE Ohio, your in NW PA, Correct? We know ALOT of the same people!! Take care man, feel good about your job well done! You've got a car you can enjoy... and wins shows!! (and prolly gets 18mpg to and from the shows ta boot!!) Thats all too cool!! :coolgleamA:
:cheers:

Go Hogs Go

Go Hogs!

jaak

Congrats! and BTW...Happy Birthday (belated).

Jason

TylerCharger69

vancamp

congrats, I got one on the first outing of the 69 i think it was because it was one of three mopars in a sea of chevelles and camaros though

jb666

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 08, 2009, 05:25:47 PM
Hail to the Colonel!!! :notworthy:

:iagree: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Very cool!! Now where's the pics of your car at the show!!!  :popcrn:

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

HollyWoodCharger

Damn.....

wish I had known about that show, I'd have sent the Wife with my R/T up there!

you must live pretty closeby, we may have to do a little chatting about Chargers one of these days... :cheers:

THE COLONEL

Quote from: HollyWoodCharger on September 08, 2009, 06:53:46 PM
Damn.....

you must live pretty closeby, we may have to do a little chatting about Chargers one of these days... :cheers:

I am 5-6 minutes from Zelienople off of RT 288, so if you are familiar with that area, we aren't that far! :icon_smile_cool:

THE COLONEL

Quote from: jb666 on September 08, 2009, 06:12:05 PM
Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 08, 2009, 05:25:47 PM
Hail to the Colonel!!! :notworthy:

:iagree: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: Very cool!! Now where's the pics of your car at the show!!!  :popcrn:

My wife had the camera, so unfortunatly I don't have any pis from it :brickwall:, but there were some sweeeeet Mopars!

HollyWoodCharger

Quote from: THE COLONEL on September 08, 2009, 07:09:50 PM
Quote from: HollyWoodCharger on September 08, 2009, 06:53:46 PM
Damn.....

I am 5-6 minutes from Zelienople off of RT 288, so if you are familiar with that area, we aren't that far! :icon_smile_cool:

Yup! I have a pretty good Idea where that is, I'm south of you about 26 miles east of Washington, Pa...

My Dad lives over in New Brighton, and I grew up (well to about the age of 12) in the Freedom and Beaver Falls areas, so I'm somewhat familar with that area, although it has changed alot in the last 30+ years!

billssuperbird