News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 coronet r/t resto done!

Started by 68dream, September 07, 2009, 09:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68dream

hey guys, been a member here for a few years now, popped in once in a while over the years getting tips, and read alot of good info here. appreciate the info posted here. its helped me with the progress of this resto.
heres a few pics. i have to tell the story...looked for about 3 years in western america, then leaving my house one sunny day, i see a front fender poking out from behind a tarp in a carport just two blocks from my house! i convinced the guy to sell it to a good home, me!
this is a true r/t car that had the original centre console, buckets, posi unit, 3.55 gears, and 727. the block was unfortunately gone so subbed in a 72 440, .40 over. edelbrock intake, carb, heads, about 480HP. anyhow, lots of work, but well worth it! its 69 vitamin c orange, black interior, just got collector status here in vancouver BC.
if anyone around these parts needs mopar parts, i found a really good guy up here who has alot of exact repro parts.
heres a couple before and after pics. it was a complete, as in every bolt, resto.

cheers

chris

68dream

i dunno, tryin to upload pics, getting errors or something....

68dream

after

472 R/T SE

Nice lookin' R/T.  Was it an original 99 (orange) paint code car?  Ya' done a nice job.  :2thumbs:

My first Mope was a '68 R/T, bought back in '84.

mopar_nut_440_6

Excellent job! Nice to see another BC car on the site!

Cheers,
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

68dream

thx guys  :icon_smile_big:
it was originally red. found it under the front windshield, and seriously considered re-doing it after seein the unaffected red, nice red!
picking the colour was probably the hardest part.
again, if any guys around here are lookin for repro parts, ive got a really good lead on a guy stocked! hes in chilliwack BC.
lookin for a 72 challenger next if anyones got a lead.

69bronzeT5

Very nice! You did a good job! Nice to see another B.C guy on the board, I'm in Surrey. :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

Nacho-RT74

NICE LOOKING CAR !!!!( and I'm not a big fan of coronets, except 57s and 70s )

now some dog dished caps and VOILA!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger440RDN

kingjoop

1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com