News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

I have a newer F150 that I've been racking the miles on for work.  Years ago I bought a used ex cop car from my local police department and the car was priceless.  Put on 40,000 of virtually trouble free miles.  Since I put 60k on my truck in the last two years, decided to go with round two of a ex cop car.  This one was an ex sheriff car from MO - highway miles.   Very nice for virtually no money.....

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Finn

Great looking car! How does it do mileage wise?
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Wicked72

right now my 99f350.... was my 90 civic.... looking at an 03 mini base hatchback 5spd. any thoughts? need good mpgs
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Charger_Fan

Somewhere in this thread is my little '93 Shadow 2.5 and 5-speed, but here it is again. :)  This is literally the best car I have ever owned! I bought this car with 135K on the clock, and it now has 270K...still running on it's original engine & tranny, although the paint is pretty much evaporating before my eyes.

I've owned it since 8/06, and for as many miles as it has, I've only had to put very little in repairs over the years, mostly normal wear items. The worst repair was when the heater core sprung a leak in November 2011...

As much as I love my little Shadow, I decided to give it a break from the daily 78 mile commutes. I found this '03 Townie sitting forlorn on a local car lot, waiting to be rescued. ;D The color (both in & out) had me hooked right off the bat, and the test drive (with careful look-over) sealed the deal!

I LOVE driving this thing! It gets 20MPG around town & 25-26 (so far) on the highway...which is almost double the mileage that my last "big car" used to get, and only 5-6 less than the Shadow. I'm okay with that.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ghoste

Just down to the 2007 Nitro now, the faithful minivan has served out its life.

ACUDANUT

Charger_fan, your lucky. My 94 Shadow (that I bought new)  lasted 4 years. The transmission went out and my paint flaked off (it only had 70k on it).  It was a 3.0 V6 auto.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 27, 2014, 06:01:07 PM
Charger_fan, your lucky. My 94 Shadow (that I bought new)  lasted 4 years. The transmission went out and my paint flaked off (it only had 70k on it).  It was a 3.0 V6 auto.
I think the secret is the drivetrain combo I have, 2.5 & 5-speed. I see lots of the V6's in boneyards, and lots of autos. I was pretty excited when it rolled the speedo over, this was 7/7/2010.:) I plan on taking similar pics when it rolls over for it's 300K mark!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JB400

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Finn on February 27, 2014, 12:34:01 AM
Great looking car! How does it do mileage wise?

Finn, I had a 03 that would get 18/20 city and 22/23 on the highway.  This one has a lower gear in it, so it should do a little better on the highway.  Believe it or not, these are fun cars.  Tight suspension and the engine rolls pretty good when you get into it. 

This thing was cheap also.   Most people don't want ex cop cars.  They think they are beat to crap.  This one has some nicks in it, but is very clean. 

ACUDANUT

I love Crown Vic's. Don't ever buy one because of low milage though.  We never turn the engines off, because our computers and camera's are always on.  :Twocents:

A383Wing

my 88 Shadow with 218,000 miles, and my 94 Dakota with 150,000 miles...these are both my daily drivers

1970Moparmann

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 27, 2014, 11:50:12 PM
I love Crown Vic's. Don't ever buy one because of low milage though.  We never turn the engines off, because our computers and camera's are always on.  :Twocents:

Since 06, the cars computer logs the idling hours.  Mine is low, but most are high. :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

I get to take my pick every day (every day that the Mrs let's me, that is  ;D ). Chally is hers, Charger is mine, but we "swapped" last summer for practical considerations (roominess, etc) so now her daily is the Charger and I drive that blue hoopty (I know, im so selfless).

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ODZKing

Love those little "P" body cars.
We had a Sundance ... loved it!

Cooter

3.0 Mitsubishi.........junk. 604 Chrysler trans.....junk. come to think of it, ALL lock up torque converters from Mopar.....JUNK!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Charger_Fan

Quote from: A383Wing on February 27, 2014, 11:57:40 PM
my 88 Shadow with 218,000 miles...
Looks like it's in great shape! That's not the original paint, is it?

Ponch, that's a good looking pair you have there. :drool5:

A383Wing

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 28, 2014, 02:03:06 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on February 27, 2014, 11:57:40 PM
my 88 Shadow with 218,000 miles...
Looks like it's in great shape! That's not the original paint, is it?

no, original paint was maroon...was painted black in 2001

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Cooter on February 28, 2014, 12:56:30 PM
3.0 Mitsubishi.........junk. 604 Chrysler trans.....junk. come to think of it, ALL lock up torque converters from Mopar.....JUNK!

Yea, I got screwed by Dodge...AKA Mitsubishi.. I was trying to be loyal to Dodge and I end up taking it up the ass. Never again will I buy a new car from Chrysler/Fiat/Japan.

A383Wing

was pretty much the V6 auto transmissions, Intrepids & Caravans mostly, that had lots of faults....I have never had any trans issue with the 4 banger models

toocheaptosmoke

Last year I had to retire my '84 toyota pickup from road duty, rust got to it.  :-\  Since then my DD has been a '96 Ram 2500 4x4, 318/5 speed.  Road salt is taking its toll on it too though, need to do some body work this summer.  Just rolled 240,000 this week, earlier this month it made the equivalent distance to the moon.  :icon_smile_big:

69rtse4spd

I might already be in here somewhere, but 98 Town & Country, 3.3, ready to roll over to 342,000. Never been opened up, rust is starting to take it's toll, but still hammer it to 85-90 m.p.h. when need to. The floor pans still look like new. I tell the Dodge dealer when it hits 500,000 will think about another car. 

Mopar4me

2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T currently at 194K miles. Couldn't of asked for a better car!

Nwcharger

Mine changes so often its hard to say. Since October its been my 93 cummins w250 but I saved a 67 monaco 500 from the junk yard and it will soon be my daily for a couple months to make sure there's no issues before I sell it. I've really been wanting to get my rhd crx out and drive it a little this summer but with all the cars and more to come this summer it may not happen.
1969 coronet wagon

69bronzeT5

Winter driver for myself and my fiance.....

Summer driver for myself.....

Summer driver for my fiance.......

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

ws23rt

My daily driver (aside that most of my seat time is in a company chev. pu) is a 98 Dakota RT PU. I bought it new and it now has 60K on it. The only complaint is the paint is coming off.

My 09 SRT Challenger is for fair weather traveling and does that very nicely. Bought it new and 16K miles ago. Love that car.