News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what's your daily driver??

Started by 73-charger-383, November 24, 2005, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L

2006 Ram 2500 5.7 hemi with 4.10 gears.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

dyslexic teddybear

94 2500 Cummins

Just a simple regular cab 2wd auto.....that hauls anything I need.

Loaded or empty, it gives me 22.5 MPG when I'm careful, 22.0 when I get on it.

Not much motivation to drive it careful.

mauve66

of course i put more miles on this each day than i do the Ranger in a month, but i guess we were only talking about "daily driver TO work"
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Budnicks

1999 Dakota SLT 4x4 5.2ltr/318ci Auto, 32"x11.5"x16 snow tires, 1.7:1 Harlan Sharp Rollers, 3" cat-back Flowmaster, AEM TB Swirl Spacer AEM 4" air tube & air box w/Gauze cone filter, lots of bolt on performance stuff & Hypertech tuner, really woke it up... I have more stuff but only have 53k miles on it waiting to put the better slotted & drilled rotors/brakes & shorty chrome Edelbrock headers & Bilstein shocks on when I have to finally do the brakes...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

71ChallengeHer

1984 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z with 41,000 orig miles .  :icon_smile_big:   

TruckDriver

2001 Ram 1500, 114000 miles one the 360.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: mauve66 on April 19, 2013, 02:09:36 PM
of course i put more miles on this each day than i do the Ranger in a month, but i guess we were only talking about "daily driver TO work"

A few years ago I could have posted "My DD has 1600torque" cuz I parked it at home. :icon_smile_big:

mauve66

maybe i should find a schwinn racer from the 70's, i'm only 5 miles from work.......... :scratchchin:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Baldwinvette77

My workplace is honestly a 1/4 mile down the road from my house, so i just walk, but maybe when i get my charger finished....  :scratchchin:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 19, 2013, 06:04:59 PM
My workplace is honestly a 1/4 mile down the road from my house, so i just walk, but maybe when i get my charger finished....  :scratchchin:

hmmm....a 1/4 mile? Interesting coincidence.....could be a quick commute :D

mauve66

at least a test and tune everyday :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

dyslexic teddybear

Baldwinvette77

I work at an auto garage, and we have a dyno set up, And mercifully theres a gas station there aswell  :rofl:

dyslexic teddybear

Nothing like real world testing.

Besides, what fun is it to drive a dyno? :icon_smile_big:

Baldwinvette77

i like beating the snot out of computers  :coolgleamA:

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 19, 2013, 06:16:52 PM
i like beating the snot out of computers  :coolgleamA:

I perfer smoking tires to smoking wires. :yesnod:

Baldwinvette77

Yeah electrical fires can be an inconvenience, i see your point  :scratchchin:

bzabodyn

710whp CTS-V wagon - craziest street car I've ever owned. Runs mid-10' in the quarter on drag radials and has been 186mph at the Texas Mile. All in a 4700lb wrapper.

1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

Indygenerallee

That Caddy is badass!!! NICE!!!  :drool5: :drool5:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

cdr

quote from bzabodyn:710whp CTS-V wagon - craziest street car I've ever owned. Runs mid-10' in the quarter on drag radials and has been 186mph at the Texas Mile. All in a 4700lb wrapper.
awesome car & we have another TEXAS boy  :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

472 R/T SE

Brandon, that's a bad ass ride.

May I ask how much room you have from the rear of the back seat to the hatch?  Curious if my wheelchair will fit back there.  The rake at the rear looks more severe than my Magnum.

Then again, since I was re-paralyzed the chances of walking again may have done me in this time & utilizing the wagon's purpose won't be there?

bzabodyn

There's actually quite a bit of floor space, the issue is the roof height - I have a hard time fitting taller items in the back. But for everyday usability it's great and with the rear seats folded flat, there's a ton of room.

It is my favorite daily driver I've ever owned and that's saying a lot because I've had 2 M5s and a load of other great cars.

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

Baldwinvette77

if your grocery getter is a 700 hp caddy, i'd love to see your "performance" car  :o

472 R/T SE

My seatback folds down.  Yeah, with the seat folded down it would work but the whole reasoning for me owning a wagon is my daughter can sit back there & my wife in the pass. seat.  

Other rigs I would take the chair apart & store it on the pass. seat putting my wife in back.

If you could, would you please take a quick measurement?

tia.