News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Essential track spares?

Started by Ghoste, September 01, 2009, 08:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Maybe this should be merged with my essential track tools thread?  I figured the two things are different enough to warrant a separate one but anyway...
What do you regular strip goers consider must haves as far as spare parts when going to the strip?

Carb parts of course.  What else?

my73charger

fuel line, hoses, clamps, spark plugs, plug wires, oil, tranny fluid.  Last time we were there, my buddy wished he had a spare center chunk for his rearend.   :icon_smile_big:

aifilaw

Some of them overlap with what I carry around daily driving.
Voltage regulator, ballast resistor
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Runner

Quote from: my73charger on September 02, 2009, 01:52:16 PM
fuel line, hoses, clamps, spark plugs, plug wires, oil, tranny fluid.  Last time we were there, my buddy wished he had a spare center chunk for his rearend.   :icon_smile_big:

i take the same type stuff except spare plugs.  i also take some wire, comectors a spare motor mount,    i dont like ot work on my junk at the track so if it gets to involved its time to put it on the trailer and come home.  if i lived colser to a track than 110 miles away, id take less and if i had a track in my home town i wouldnt take much at all. if its an over night deal ill take wax and aluminum polish just in case i get bored.   first time out this year i got up at 5 am before anyone else did and polished all the aluminum under my hood  lol.

if i go to the coast (6 hours) i try and take as much stuff as possible because the money spent to get there i dont want to only make 1 pass and have to tow home.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six