News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

To LizardSkin or not

Started by Johnnys70SRT, August 27, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnys70SRT

Need the opinion of all you Charger owners out there. I am undecided as to whether I should use Lizardskin on my Interior and trunk area of my Charger. My car is originally from California, so other than some pitting in the center of the trunk floor and battery tray area, this thing is as solid as a rock.
I wanted to use the lizard skin for it's insulation/sound deadening purposes. My main concern is that one person said they had some paint issues when they tried to paint overtop of the Lizardskin. However, the rep. for Lizardskin assures me that there will be no problem. Been there, done that before and have gotten bit in the process.
I do not need to paint the interior part, but will want the trunk area painted body color so it looks nice. I do want the car to be cooler and quieter but am I shooting myself in the foot using this Lizardskin or not? Should I just seam seal everything and paint it body color??
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Bill Howell

I used simple bedliner under and inside my charger. Then I used the cheap insulation you see for $25 a roll at car shows. The reason I used this instead of the high dollar name brand stuff is because of weight. I saved a good bit in that department. I am using both for heat and sound, and it seems to be working fine.
Bill Howell

hemi-hampton

I'd did one I'm leaving Black, No Paint. You'll be throwing Carpet over it anyways. LEON.

Finn

I have it inside and covering the undercarriage. Left it black since the car is black. Nice stuff and doesn't scratch as easy as paint but for sound deadening it didnt seem to do much. I went ahead and put dynamat over it and the difference was huge.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Finn on August 27, 2009, 07:01:54 PM
I have it inside and covering the undercarriage. Left it black since the car is black. Nice stuff and doesn't scratch as easy as paint but for sound deadening it didnt seem to do much. I went ahead and put dynamat over it and the difference was huge.

Yea I wouldnt think it would unless it was some kind of spray foam or something.