News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Snake Skin Green '69 R/T build - UPDATE: 12-4-13 'CHASSIS DYNO RESULTS'

Started by yeahitsgotahemi!, August 20, 2009, 06:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Just to clarrify. The wheel colour choice is not a negative comment, just simply looking at it from a colour matching perspective. EG: When you wear a suit, you wouldnt have a black suit, blue shirt and then a yellow tie. It just looks out of place and not matching, not proffesional, not appealing and would not do good for your own image.

Those wheels to me do the same. That colour combination does not work. Perhaps you can think of something else? The wheels are nice, the colour of the car is awesome, love the green, love the car, nice to see something different. I remember the pictures way back when you put them up the first time, you got great ideas and it all fits... but the wheel colour.... dont leave that as an eye sore on such a beautiful, well thought out design for the car you have. Theres gotta be something else different yet matching if you dont want the general black/chrome.
:2thumbs:

yeahitsgotahemi!

Yep, I thought people would be split on the color. Since chrome rims is about all you ever see on Classic Mopars, I anticipated some people wouldn't care for it, but hey, I'm happy with it.  I really like the color, and after I anodize a few other items, I think it will fit nicely for my purposes.

I'll be ordering an axle for the rear, so hopefully in a month or two I'll be posting pics up of that.  :2thumbs:
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Brock Samson

i seem to remember the Group 6 Ferraris, Alfas and some others of the era ('68-'70) would do that, I'll try to find a pic..
GT40s too... 'n I always thought they had the best looking wheels ever:shruggy:

LeeBoy

There was someone on here a few years back that had restored their third gen and had found some NOS Cragar SS wheels with the gold chrome centers in them and it looked good. Can't remember what members car that was though.

Here's a photo of the gold Cragars I found on the net. I remeber a friend of my fathers having these on his Nova in the mid 70's
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: The car looks mean with that tire/wheel combo.  I think the color combo looks pretty cool.  Can't wait to see it on the ground and outside, when you get it rolling.

Darkman

Quote from: six-tee-nine on March 24, 2011, 01:48:23 PM
If we all had the same taste we all would be driving the same car.....

:iagree:

Well done for giving it a go. I like the colour choice of both car and wheels. I'm not sure about the tyre choice, but will reserve my judgement until the car is sitting on the ground. Either way it is a nice car and I am jealous that you are a whole lot closer to finishing your car than I am! Keep up the good work and photos!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

G-man

Nice pictures Brock. The browny colour works with the colours of those cars, they are matching/complementing colours. Green and that browny bronze colour doesnt  compliment, its like wearing a yellow tie on a black/blue suit which nobody would do because it  doesnt work.

So I just thought, making an awesome charger the way this green one has been done, the powder coated black fuel cap etc thats been done which is amazing... why throw in the odd colour that is not complimenting at all to the rest of it? Its a colour out of place. Im purely looking at it  from a graphics/colour combination perspective, you will never see people put those 2 together cause it looks like u ran out of ideas.

I understand everyone goes chrome or black and he wants to be different. Why not be different with a colour that compliments the green charger? Dats all.But if thats what u want, the black suit, blue shirt, yellow out of place tie combinaion, then go for it. I just merely suggesting there are other options than black/chrome considering everyone does that.
Either way, I love this car. I almost decided to make mine green rather than orange after seeing that. So yeah its awesome

yeahitsgotahemi!

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 24, 2011, 07:49:11 PM
i seem to remember the Group 6 Ferraris, Alfas and some others of the era ('68-'70) would do that, I'll try to find a pic..
GT40s too... 'n I always thought they had the best looking wheels ever:shruggy:

Cool! Thats exactly what I was thinking!

"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Just 6T9 CHGR

My wife says i dont match all the time any way....love the combo.  Want to see it out in the sun!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

G-man

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 25, 2011, 08:19:18 AM
My wife says i dont match all the time any way....love the combo.  Want to see it out in the sun!

I can agree to that! Bring it out! :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

Quote from: six-tee-nine on March 24, 2011, 01:48:23 PM
If we all had the same taste we all would be driving the same car.....

I actuall like te look and the combination of the colors however it would not be the route I would choose. But I want to give you a big  :2thumbs: and dont let some negative comments get in your way

I totally agree!!  I LOVE THE WHOLE COLOR COMBINATION THING AND THE WHEELS!!! Even my kids think it's badass looking!!! I can't wait to see it done :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blakcharger440

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on March 23, 2011, 11:25:05 PM
Rims and tires mounted. Just need a rear axle and some leaf springs and it will be rolling again!  :2thumbs:

Oooooh..I really like that combination! Very different and in a great way! Nice!

THE CHARGER PUNK

Lovin those wheels :) makes the car look industrial tough :2thumbs: -Matt

Benji

Any updates? 

I remember seeing a photograph of a 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix with Gold colored bumpers, in fact all of the chrome, pot metal and aluminum pieces were that same gold color (like the "V" on the hoods of the 1957 Chevrolet Bel Airs.)  It was different but I don't think it sold very well as I never saw one "for real."

Ben

yeahitsgotahemi!

Haven't posted here in awhile....

Some more pics...

yeahitsgotahemi!

1974dodgecharger

Man looks like you live in AZ?  

Dig the lights man.....if you do some vampire hunting at night in phoenix you should get some 'blade' lights  :icon_smile_big:

yeahitsgotahemi!

Engine....

512c.i. 440 source kit
billet girdle + caps
Comp cams 290XS solid flat tappet lifters w/ EDM oil holes
Smith Bros pushrods
HS 1.6 roller rockers
Indy EZ-1, prep and port by Dwyane Porter
mopar 337 intake - ported by CBA machine in Chandler AZ
Holley Ultra HP 4150, 950 cfm
msd ignition

I'll post more pics of the motor when it's back from the machine shop.

yeahitsgotahemi!

yeahitsgotahemi!

I put LEDs in the under the dash and in the trunk for interior lighting. Wiring is all compete except the engine wiring...

JB400

Wow  You've come a long way on this car. :drool5:  Thanks for updating :cheers:

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

yeahitsgotahemi!

I'm planning to have it on the road this summer. I also finished up the fuel system with automotive stuff and black nylon braided hose and black anodized fittings. I post some pics of that when I get a chance to shoot pics.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on January 16, 2013, 11:32:17 PM
Dana 60 from strange..

Totally love this picture with the fat tyres......
Need an axle like that also, but with a stmped cover for a more stock look. Did you buy your Dana trough Dr. Diff of directly from Strange?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...