News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Back from Alaska with some pics...

Started by Brock Samson, August 18, 2009, 02:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Hi Gang!  :wave:
I had an awesome time and i'm safe back home.
Many hours of fun were had and I'd like to try out some test pics to see if they come out ok or if i'll need to resize them further, as this site has issues with picture loading...  :shruggy:
anyhow here's a brief short sample...

edit: here's an added soundtrack,..  David Sancious- Valley of the Shadow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvYsJ-glv7M

Brock Samson

My ride for the trip...

TylerCharger69

Wow!!!....that's Nobel Peace Prize material!!!  Real nice shot!!!

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: I need to check to see if i can post two vertical shots in the same posting...

I used most of ten GB taking pics and so I'm gonna be sorting refiling and such for a while...
these are gonna have to do till I get the other 2 thousand plus sussed out...
hope everyone is well and all your projects are near to completion...

what?.. :shruggy:

Brock Samson

Alaska ROCKS!!!!  :yesnod:

69bronzeT5

Awesome pictures Dave! When you sent me that message on Facebook, where abouts were you?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Neal_J

Where are the Palin nude shots?

The title of this post is very misleading...

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Brock Samson

hey fellas!   :2thumbs: Cody I was steamin towords Vancouver, though we actually only went to Victoria for roughly six soggy hours,.. funny that in Alaska it was 80 and in Calif up to Wash it was only 60,..  :scratchchin:

anyhow I got you a Palin shot Neal J but i dunno if it'll clear the Mods..
yea know what?... these arn't even the real pictures - these are the fuzzy second and third choices,.. wait till you see the real pictures... OMG!
That's  what i did for the entire trip - I stood around tripping over my tounge going  :o  OMG!! OMG!!! over and over again...  :P like a little biotch,..  :drool5:
 anyhow,..  this shot here - is to test widths - cause I hate it when a pic spill over the right side and i have to scroll the missing piece to see what's there...

Brock Samson

o.k.

I'm going for 700..  :no:

Brock Samson

ok folks, just how wide can i post these things?..  i'm sick of this allready,..  :eek2:

Brock Samson

WARNING:
MOVE AWAY FROM YOUR MONITORS!!
will the fabric of the internet tear?..
will global warming accelerate?
shirley i will crash the entire world wide web...  :shruggy:

Johnny SixPack

It definitely does rock, man.  :coolgleamA: :cheers:

Great pix, Dave.

You're makin' me miss home.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

AKcharger

You should have told me you were coming, I would have baked a cake or somthing

The70RT

Water & boats.  :shruggy:  i guess when you live by the coast or on a boat water is all you see.  Sound familiar ?  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mopar73

I like the pics, especially the sea plane

Dans 68

Quote from: Neal_J on August 18, 2009, 03:19:34 PM
Where are the Palin nude shots?

Probably the same place Obama's birth certificate is.... :rofl: 

OK, now all is even steven and this good travelogue thread can continue.... :icon_smile_wink:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

welp, i see this might take a few days,.. 9 + Gbs of pictures is alot of pics.. i had to devide the pictures into four sections just so they wouldnt take a minute to load each time i clicked something... still takes a few seconds..
some folks might like these,.. i dunno..  :shruggy:
starting with day one Aug 2nd and leaving San Fran...

Brock Samson

i took nearly a hundred pics before we got out to sea,.. so many novel views of the city I had never seen before or had the ability to capture...

Brock Samson

Nearly all the 1950 passengers were lining the decks of the Sea Princess as we left the city under the golden gate,..
then within a few minutes,.. everyone was at the bars,.. there were a few... most eveyone was pretty toasted...
   :icon_smile_wink:

Brock Samson

for two days we traveled north,.. exploreing the ship I met alot of folks,.. I wanted to take the official ship tour - but they charge $150.oo  :o folks tend to be older 60 and above,.. wealthy, in couples and large...
One retired CPA was on his seventy third cruise,.. it's a lifestyle for some people..

Dans 68

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 19, 2009, 01:46:32 PM
...One retired CPA was on his seventy third cruise,.. it's a lifestyle for some people..

You had better believe it! I have done two cruises, the latest last year, and it is a blast. We'll keep doing them every few years. I took well over 4,000 photos during the 10 days. My family still thinks I'm a bit crazy but they don't complain when they get to see the photos. Here is one of my favorites from last year. And keep them coming, Dave....

I may have to start a cruise photo thread.... :scratchchin:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

your a CPA ain't ya' Dan?..   :scratchchin: I'd love to see your pics,.. where'd you go?..  :popcrn:
moving right along,..
so, after two days of cruisin up the coast in overcast breazy weather on Wends. the 4th, I awoke to a gloriously beautiful Alaskan Morning in Ketchikan...

Brock Samson

You wonder why they head out to sea to catch fish, when there were thousands of salmon swimming around the ship and periodicly leaping out of the water...  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

Seems every two minutes there was a sea plane landing or taking off,.. i have several pics of those at various locations and will post more later, flying is pretty common to get around since the state is soooo big and soooo rugged,..   It makes perfect sense,.. many homes have many sizes of boats and sea planes tied up at their door steps,.. fishing and tourism are the dominate industrys and winters are looong, summer is when most everything gets done,... the days are long in summer, there was still light on the horizon at nearly 10:00 PM..
 I've been experamenting with a couple photography tricks, one involves shooting pics thru my binoculars to get some real zoom pics,.. and another is shooting through sunglasses for various tint effects I have bought several pairs of different kinds of sunglasses in different colors but have yet to use them all or fully explore their various qualities.. Here's a shot thru the sunglasses,.. followed by some of the town Ketchikan often called the first town of Alaska because it's so far south,..