News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Marathon Candy Bar

Started by my73charger, August 06, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Anyone remember the Marathon candy bar?  I went through a few of these in the 70's....

www.oldtimecandy.com/curly-wurly.htm

ODZKing

Yep, sure do.
Ya know, when I was a kid we used to walk down to the corner store. In the summer popsicles were a favorite and I remember getting a popsicle that was white in color and tasted like Mountain Dew does today,
No one around here remembers those.  Anyone here?

Old Moparz

Quote from: my73charger on August 06, 2009, 01:55:15 PM
Anyone remember the Marathon candy bar?  I went through a few of these in the 70's....

I remember them, one store used to sell them frozen, but I didn't think they tasted that great.   :eek2:

The candy I liked as a kid was the flavored powder in the paper straws that were sealed at both ends. (Pixie Stix?) They kind of tasted like what the Sweet-Tarts taste like, but in powder form. One thing you learned fast as a kid, was not to breath in while you have your head tilted back pouring the powder down your throat.  :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

my73charger

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 06, 2009, 02:46:19 PM
Quote from: my73charger on August 06, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

I remember them, one store used to sell them frozen, but I didn't think they tasted that great.   :eek2:

The candy I liked as a kid was the flavored powder in the paper straws that were sealed at both ends. (Pixie Stix?) They kind of tasted like what the Sweet-Tarts taste like, but in powder form. One thing you learned fast as a kid, was not to breath in while you have your head tilted back pouring the powder down your throat.  :smilielol:

Yes that was always good for a choke until you think your gonna die session...

b5blue

YUP I remember those and the white Popsicle, and welding my teeth together with Taffy! 

moparstuart

Quote from: b5blue on August 06, 2009, 08:09:21 PM
YUP I remember those and the white Popsicle, and welding my teeth together with Taffy! 
now and laters , thats was my favorite as a kid the green apple ones and jolley rancher sticks
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dodgecharger-fan

I remember those and the white popsicles. These were a good deal when you didn't have a lot of money.

I remember them being a nickel when all the other chocolate bars were much more. If ya only had a quarter, you could still get your sugar buzz with five of these. They were long too.

KS71owner

As a kid I wasn't picky about candy....and I'm still not with the exception of black licorice.  :eek2:

My favorites right now though are Mike and Ikes and PayDay Avalanche (chocolate covered PayDay bars)...I love those things. Growing up in Germany I gained a healthy appreciation for Haribo (gummy) products as well.

dodgecharger-fan

Recently, I've been on a wicked Turkish Delight kick..
even the Big Turk Candy bar will do, but I've been getting some handmade stuff from a chocolate shop near my kid's work.

Khyron

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 06, 2009, 02:46:19 PM

I blame those for my ADHD  :brickwall:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

my73charger

I used to love the original Mars bar, back before they added the caramel.  Now, I think my favorite is a plain old Hershey bar.  This last March I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so my treats are few and far between. 

ODZKing

Always loved Baby Ruth bars. ;D