News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Triple black R/T SE 4spd resto progress....... Update!! 7/7/2010!!!

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, August 05, 2009, 05:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Since Pockethunder asked what had happened to this car,thought I would update with whats been going on.It is a triple black R/T SE 4spd,dana,stripe delete car that belongs to RT/SE here on the board.I had stopped working on it since Jan to finish up the addition I put on my house.From when I left off I had all the bodywork done and in primer on the hood,trunk lid,fenders,doors,fr valance,rear tail panel,trunk floor,engine compartment,and interior floors,and had welded up all the vinyl top holes.In the past week or so,I finished all the bodywork on the whole shell and got it epoxied and primered.
Next it will be going on the rotiss to do the underside.Pics to come......

69 OUR/TEA

pics....

69 OUR/TEA

more....

69 OUR/TEA

more...

69 OUR/TEA

last one,enjoy.....

tan top

damn thats one awesome charger body  :drool5:   ..good work going on there  , thanks for sharing the pictures  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Quote from: tan top on August 05, 2009, 05:52:34 PM
  damn thats one awesome charger body  :drool5:   ..good work going on there  , thanks for sharing the pictures  :popcrn:
Ya buddy!

:drool5:   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

694spdRT

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

ChargerSG

Looking good :yesnod: I wish my RT/SE 4speed was at that state :-\
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

charge-it

Nice work! That car is going to be a beauty! My dream was and still is to have triple, triple black second generation Chargers, 68, 69,and 70. Of course all 4 speed dana cars. Then I could add a 69 triple black 500, and a triple black 69 Daytona....ahhhh it's fun to dream. Keep us posted on the progress once you start working on it again.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

69 OUR/TEA

I am back working on it now,for the last week or two.Just got the shell done and primed,hopefully by early-mid next week it will be on the rotisserie to do the bottom. Next couple days working on an  AAR resto to get  the roof,1/4's,cowl top,and trunk floor off  as it has an appointment for the 17th to bring to get blasted.More fun !!!!!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

LoneStar Mopar

69 OUR/TEA

Got the car up on the rotiss,and must say I am very happy with the Whirly-jig Pro model that I bought from Carlsle.Think the show special was$1,450.00,called ahead and had them put my name on one.Super easy to understand how to set up,excellent center of axis adjustment feature,and tons of add ons you can buy for this unit.When you first get it off the jack stands it is bottom heavy to start but after a few inches up the adjusting area of the mast it balanced out to center of axis,  with one hand you can revolve it around any point 360 and it will stay!!!!And has the sprocket that allows you to instantly lock it anywhere you want.Does'nt come with the pumps though,any 3 ton engine hoist pump drops right into the unit,had one already,went and got another at the Harbor freight store in town, $39.00.You don't need 2,you just keep going up every 3 inches,put in the mast bolt,remove and go to other side,until you get it where you want.Just figured it would easier with 2 so I can just leave them in place.
This piece of equipment is worth every penny,IMO!!!!!

69 OUR/TEA

pics.....

PocketThunder

whirly-jig is money well spent.  My old roommates bought one after going round and round vs building one ourselves and it was the best money ever spent that is for damn sure! 
:yesnod:
Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

694spdRT

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 18, 2009, 01:16:33 PM
whirly-jig is money well spent.  My old roommates bought one after going round and round vs building one ourselves and it was the best money ever spent that is for damn sure! 
:yesnod:
Paul

:iagree: 

We have one too.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

jaak

1969chargerrtse

Wow, great pictures.  Your work is always flawless.  What's up with welding the roof holes?  He's not keeping it original?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 20, 2009, 06:20:39 AM
Wow, great pictures.  Your work is always flawless.  What's up with welding the roof holes?  He's not keeping it original?

No more vinyl,we all tried hard to convince him to leave it on, :rotz:,but he truly does'nt like the vinyl tops.

bill440rt

No vinyl top?!?!?!???  :'( :'( :rotz:

That car looks kick a$$ with a black top!
Super work you're doing there, Paul. Looks like a super-solid body to work with. Should be easy, eh?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69 OUR/TEA

Yeah,the welder was fired up  just for the vinyl top holes,and a bunch of holes the previous owner had drilled in the trunk for battery mounting,and a bunch of weird holes in the engine compartment(something like 19 holes he drilled for wires,gauges,and the batt cable).Super rust free,orig paint body,but did have it's share of bodywork to make straight.It was stored in a lumber yard warehouse in NH for a long time with people probably bumping into it with stuff.The place that blasted it said they have never seen such a clean mopar go thru their place.
On the flip note,the AAR I'm doing has just about every panel off of it!!!!!From no metal replacement to almost all!!!!! Quite honestly,I like doing that kind of dismantling of the body panels.

oldrock

always fun to watch projects like this where you get to see every step in the process. Looking forward to seeing the finished project so keep the pics coming!  :2thumbs:

69 OUR/TEA

Update on the car,the shell has been all blocked,finished and reprimed for the last time and is now ready for paint.Inside has been painted,and all bottom side and inside of trunk work done and has been painted also  and car is now off the rotiss.Getting ready to paint the shell very soon.