News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparSam

Fixed it! Here's the 'ol asphalt buckler as bought in '06.  Photos of a newly rebuilt 440 that pounds the ground coming soon.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

BigRed66

Hey bigred68...where in Portage County do you live? (your license plate gave it away) I'm up here in Nelson. Nice screen name, by the way...
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

BMOTOXSTAR

Yesh Man,
  I live in NE,Ohio as well. We should start a Ohio Mopar Mafia. :laugh:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Hemidog

MoparSam

Why yes it is.  Happens to be a Craig that has a better FM reception than my Ram 1500 has.  It sadly is all that is left from my dad's '72 Road runner.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

bigred68

Quote from: BigRed66 on December 03, 2008, 10:09:18 AM
Hey bigred68...where in Portage County do you live? (your license plate gave it away) I'm up here in Nelson. Nice screen name, by the way...
No kidding? WOW small world! just shot you a pm. ;)

bigred68

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on December 03, 2008, 10:17:11 AM
Yesh Man,
  I live in NE,Ohio as well. We should start a Ohio Mopar Mafia. :laugh:
I would completly love to do that!! Us mopar guy's gotta stick together!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: MoparSam on December 03, 2008, 09:47:14 AM
Fixed it! Here's the 'ol asphalt buckler as bought in '06.  Photos of a newly rebuilt 440 that pounds the ground coming soon.

Welcome aboard gang.   :cheers:
Nice rides. 

MoparSam, it looks like you are missing this for your steering wheel. Do you have it and it's just not put on?

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

miller

My ex girlfriend and I were messing around with her new camera, I set up the shot, but I let her actually take the photo because I have no idea how to work the Nikon D60.

It started raining shortly after we started the shoot so we had to wrap it up and drive the car home.

This was the one decent pic we were able to shoot (notice the raindrop already on the lens). And then with a little editing I was able to come up with next photo.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

mikepmcs

if you are going to take those night shots, put the camera on program mode, night landscape mode or night portrait mode(they are all on that little wheel on the top right of the camera) so the shutter will automatically capture as much light as it can. Program mode(also the A,S,M modes) automatically adjusts aperture and shutter speeds.  You also want to use a tripod or remote shutter release in low light situations where the shutter is going to be open for any length of time or your pictures will be blurry as I imagine that is what happened in this case. No one can hold a camera steady enough for a night shot.  Still a nice picture though.
Oh yeah focus manually as well instead of auto focus. Experiment on a still subject and use all those different modes one at a time.  you'll be surprised at how different each picture looks.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparSam

MoparSam, it looks like you are missing this for your steering wheel. Do you have it and it's just not put on?

Mike

Yes I do have it, I think I was troubleshooting the horns that day.  Thanks.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

miller

Quote from: mikepmcs on December 04, 2008, 04:40:51 AM
if you are going to take those night shots, put the camera on program mode, night landscape mode or night portrait mode(they are all on that little wheel on the top right of the camera) so the shutter will automatically capture as much light as it can. Program mode(also the A,S,M modes) automatically adjusts aperture and shutter speeds.  You also want to use a tripod or remote shutter release in low light situations where the shutter is going to be open for any length of time or your pictures will be blurry as I imagine that is what happened in this case. No one can hold a camera steady enough for a night shot.  Still a nice picture though.
Oh yeah focus manually as well instead of auto focus. Experiment on a still subject and use all those different modes one at a time.  you'll be surprised at how different each picture looks.

v/r
Mike

We were using a tripod... but you have to understand we took this picture with about a minute of prep work, it started raining so we hurried up and snapped the picture. This is some of her other work.... when we she has time to adjust and play with the aperture, shutter speed, focus and so on.

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Ghoste

a192074m

as you can tell she's in rough shape... but u haveta start somewhere lol>> what u expect for a 30+ yr old car

FLG

Car looks familiar..craigslist by any chance?

lisiecki1

take good care of those grills, i paid $150 for a set that needed some repairs 8 years ago........
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Ghoste

And don't worry, you never have to apologize for the condition of your car.  The whole purpose of the site is to mutually enjoy all things Charger so watching a restoration is as exciting as a race which is as much fun as winning a concours trophy which is as enjoyable as dreaming about your first which is as cool as helping somebody score a badly needed part etc. etc.

a192074m

that's true ghoste>> yeh it was from craigslist>> it was my buddy's before we traded haha

a192074m

sad sad engine bay>> hope one day itll be clean again

FLG

Might be the same car...NE i assume? I regluarly look through the NE craigslists..

Yep never apologize...my car is the bondo queen and had a rough life...i plan on starting the repairs this winter but i dont care what it looks like i still drive the crap outta her.

a192074m

haha>> i think i would like mine to look like what thomas jane drove in the Punisher movie ( i know its not a charger).. primered and lookin like a bada$$>> it could be the same car>> its an SE>> did the guy say that he replace the distributor and plugs but needs a full rebiuld in the for sale ad by any chance??

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

a192074m

I take it that's rhinoliner on the wheelwells?>> thats pretty sweet   :boogie:

The70RT

Quote from: a192074m on December 06, 2008, 07:36:13 PM
I take it that's rhinoliner on the wheelwells?>> thats pretty sweet   :boogie:

Nope just undercoating.....thx.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us