News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 22, 2010, 11:16:14 AM

Doesn't the pinch weld stay white?

It was blacked out originally, but the cars run down the road just fine with it done either way.

:P

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemigeno on October 22, 2010, 12:05:42 PM

It was blacked out originally, but the cars run down the road just fine with it done either way.

On white cars only?  I just went out in the parking lot and looked at my Charger and the pinch weld is body color.  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Troy

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 22, 2010, 01:19:01 PM
Quote from: hemigeno on October 22, 2010, 12:05:42 PM

On white cars only?  I just went out in the parking lot and looked at my Charger and the pinch weld is body color.  :shruggy:
When we were doing the welding on my bronze 68 I mentioned that I had knocked off the black paint to see what the original paint looked like on the pinch weld. That stuff was basically peeling off and, stupid me, I didn't get a "before" shot. There's still some on the bottom of the rocker but it has gray primer over spray on it now.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1969chargerrtse

Love the update pictures.  Keep em coming.  A smoking the wheels shot would be cool. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

69RT3X9

Hi Brian!

The Daytona looks really great, despite the incorrectly painted pinch weld!   :smilielol:  Just kidding!  Like I have said many times before, your skills are simply amazing!  I love your work and thanks for taking the time to share the pics of your build.  I have enjoyed following it and I learned a lot!

Hemigeno blacked out his pinch weld on page 62 of his Daytona restoration thread.  Based on that piece of information, I would say you did the right thing!   :2thumbs:  In my opinion, Hemigeno's Daytona sets the OEM restoration standard that Daytonas will be judged against for years to come.  The level of restoration detail on Hemigeno's car is incredible!

Nice Work!  Car still looks "bad" even though it's not black!

-Jon

Just 6T9 CHGR

Brian now you need to change your avatar to YOUR car!!!
Congrats man she really looks sweet
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69RT3X9 on October 22, 2010, 05:27:57 PMHemigeno blacked out his pinch weld on page 62 of his Daytona restoration thread.  Based on that piece of information, I would say you did the right thing!   :2thumbs:  In my opinion, Hemigeno's Daytona sets the OEM restoration standard that Daytonas will be judged against for years to come.  The level of restoration detail on Hemigeno's car is incredible!

-Jon

Here it is  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48725.msg745274.html#msg745274

Ok, but, i still dont understand "why" it was blacked out?  Anyone? :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 23, 2010, 08:02:23 AM
Quote from: 69RT3X9 on October 22, 2010, 05:27:57 PMHemigeno blacked out his pinch weld on page 62 of his Daytona restoration thread.  Based on that piece of information, I would say you did the right thing!   :2thumbs:  In my opinion, Hemigeno's Daytona sets the OEM restoration standard that Daytonas will be judged against for years to come.  The level of restoration detail on Hemigeno's car is incredible!

-Jon

Here it is  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48725.msg745274.html#msg745274

Ok, but, i still dont understand "why" it was blacked out?  Anyone? :shruggy:

It was done so that area just kinda blended into the shadows so that it doesnt detract from the side view of the car.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

firefighter3931

Congrats Brian.....the car looks Fantastic !  :bow:

How did those Canadian parts work out for ya ? Hopefully some of that stuff was useable....

So, how does the hemi compare to your old 493 ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 23, 2010, 01:43:17 PM
Congrats Brian.....the car looks Fantastic !  :bow:

How did those Canadian parts work out for ya ? Hopefully some of that stuff was useable....

So, how does the hemi compare to your old 493 ?

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the compliment! I am stoked about the car. As far as the parts you gave me thanks again for that they were greatly appriciated and went to good use thanks again for that.

As far as a comparison to the 493 ? that thing was a rocket and a ton of fun to drive ,but this one is in a whole different league. They both pull like a frieght train this one is just crazy .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

firefighter3931

The compliments are well desrved....a true craftsman you are !  :2thumbs:

You picked up ~100 hp with the new mill so it should feel stronger, especially higher up in the rpm range where those big heads can shine.  :icon_smile_big:

Those poor little polyglass tires don't have a prayer.  :lol:

Time to enjoy the fruits of your labor  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

jaak

Looks fantastic Brian!!!!!! Did all cars have the pinch welds blacked out? Or just Daytonas? Or all light colored cars? Its funny I actually thought about doing that before reading about it.

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on October 23, 2010, 11:44:04 PM
Looks fantastic Brian!!!!!! Did all cars have the pinch welds blacked out? Or just Daytonas? Or all light colored cars? Its funny I actually thought about doing that before reading about it.

Jason

All light colored mopars of the era.....They may have skipped in some other situations,but not that I know of though.

TUFCAT

bakerhillpins

:faint:  WOW..

Just burned an evening on all 29 pages.  :drool5:  Looks marvelous. Don't know what else to add that hasn't already been said.

Enjoy!   :drive:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 07, 2010, 05:42:21 PM
Brian, where are some final pictures?? :2thumbs:

Well,I swaped out the wheels today for the white steelies with redline bias. I took some decent pics of it outside.When i went to get them off of the camera they were gone. So you will have to settle for these crappy ones for now.

I also took one of each end to show you guyz how tight my garage is.

tan top

red line dog dishes Eh  :coolgleamA:  that reminds me must order mine  ;)

looks good  :drool5:
 looking forward to the out side pictures  :popcrn:

my charger was stored for 11 years in a tiny garage at my parents house !! just like yours back to front clearence , but with none down the side  , to get in , i would have to leave the vent window open , & stick my arm in to wind the window down , then i could open the door 6" & step in with my body going through the open window  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow I REALLY like that look!   Get her outside & snap away please.....need some good pics for the Daytona gallery :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T