News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on September 25, 2010, 08:30:41 AM
It's been a month since an update - is it on the road? :shruggy:

I wish...... This car has been more waiting than any other project Ive ever done.  :brickwall:

The AMD all clear no tint , no shade windshield goes in Thursday....

I'm waiting for the vent window frames to come back from the chromers. If that ever happens I will be able to adjust the glass and finish up the interior,get an alignment,undercoat it and then be able to drive it a little and hopefully before the snow flys. My goal is by my 40th birthday to have it done and ready so when spring hits all I need to do is go,but I would like to drive once or twice this fall yet if at all possible. I'm really itching to drive it on the open road. The HEMI taunts me every time I look at it...  :naughty:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Belgium R/T -68

Well Brian, if you ever get the in the mood for some welding while waiting I have enough
work overhere for you. :smilielol:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

The70RT

Yeah and too bad he's a little far from me or he would be finishing and painting mine  ;D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger-Bodie

Got word on Friday that my wing window frames will be back on Monday from the chromers. Just a few other pieces on there way and I may just get to drive this thing a little yet this fall.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

1970Moparmann

694spdRT

Looking great Brian!

You might still beat the snow yet.   :cheers:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 694spdRT on October 13, 2010, 09:48:08 AM
Looking great Brian!

You might still beat the snow yet.   :cheers:
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on October 11, 2010, 07:25:01 AM
Very cool.  Your list is coming down.... :2thumbs:

The odds are looking up. My splash shields and my pot metal chrome wing window parts showed up yesterday. Late yesterday Erik and I reassembled the wing frames. We used panel bonding adhesive to attach the two disimilar metals,today its dry and seems very strong .Tonight I will be installing the door galss stuff and hopefully button that part up. Then I will need to get an alignment , shoot some undercoating n the wheel wells and cruze.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C500

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 13, 2010, 09:58:40 AM
Looking great Brian!

Very cool.  Your list is coming down.... :2thumbs:

The odds are looking up. My splash shields and my pot metal chrome wing window parts showed up yesterday. Late yesterday Erik and I ressembled the wing frames. We used panel bonding adhesive to attach the two disimilar metals,today its dry and seems very strong .Tonight I will be installing the door galss stuff and hopefully button that part up. Then I will need to get an alignment , shoot some undercoating n the wheel wells and cruze.

Getting close now and looking good.  :drool5:

Where did you source the long splash shield rubbers that run vertically? I can't find them anywhere!
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Got the windows in and adjusted...... Hopefully some interior work tommorow.

Quote from: Kiwi68 on October 13, 2010, 04:31:56 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 13, 2010, 09:58:40 AM
Looking great Brian!

Very cool.  Your list is coming down.... :2thumbs:

The odds are looking up. My splash shields and my pot metal chrome wing window parts showed up yesterday. Late yesterday Erik and I ressembled the wing frames. We used panel bonding adhesive to attach the two disimilar metals,today its dry and seems very strong .Tonight I will be installing the door galss stuff and hopefully button that part up. Then I will need to get an alignment , shoot some undercoating n the wheel wells and cruze.

Getting close now and looking good.  :drool5:

Where did you source the long splash shield rubbers that run vertically? I can't find them anywhere!

www.megapartsusa.com They have just about everything and its pretty much almost always the best stuff at the best price too.

1970Moparmann

PocketThunder

Do the wheel wells stay white or did all Charger wheel wells get undercoating?

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 13, 2010, 11:25:06 PM
Do the wheel wells stay white or did all Charger wheel wells get undercoating?

Paul

Undercoating will be done on the wheel well as soon as it gets a wheel alignment.

Charger-Bodie

Black Gut.

........The carpet is the ecs carpet that's shipped flat.......Absolutely worth the extra coin. It fits AWESOME>

1970Moparmann

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 14, 2010, 03:31:17 PM
Black Gut.

........The carpet is the ecs carpet that's shipped flat.......Absolutely worth the extra coin. It fits AWESOME>

Damn that carpet does look nice.  I'm gonna pull out my Trim Parts crap next year and get the good stuff!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger440RDN

I can't wait too see it on the road, I never get tired of reading this thread. congrats  :cheers:

randr

I'm Bored! what to do next......

TUFCAT

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 14, 2010, 08:40:40 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 14, 2010, 03:31:17 PM
Black Gut.

Damn that carpet does look nice.  I'm gonna pull out my Trim Parts crap next year and get the good stuff!

I've heard nothing but bad stuff about Trim Parts carpet. I have ACC carpet now and its nowhere near as good as ECS. I'm in the same boat with you Paul because I need to replace my nearly new carpet with ECS also.

BigBlockSam

car looks great!  what are you doing for a package tray? are you gonna buy one or make one?  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BigBlockSam on October 15, 2010, 07:44:05 PM
car looks great!  what are you doing for a package tray? are you gonna buy one or make one?  :cheers:

Its a regular Daytona one. I just had to trim it a little on the outer parts of the back edge (where it slides under the lower int trim) it fits excelent and most people would never know. What did you use Rene?