News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on October 30, 2009, 12:04:11 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on October 30, 2009, 11:39:41 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on October 30, 2009, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: Blown70 on October 30, 2009, 10:41:14 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn:  :drool5: Plug in yet....got the fenders converted........whats going on :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5:

Well,I have the hatch gutted. I cant really go any further back there until Jack M. sent me my steel truck closure panel.....So , I just kinda wait. I dont know if anyone can tell or not,but Im not great at waiting.  :-\

Shall I ship you mine........ :shruggy:
do it he loves borrowing daytona parts and replacing them  LOL

I could send him yours Stuart.  :D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on October 30, 2009, 01:01:57 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn:  :drool5: Plug in yet....got the fenders converted........whats going on :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5:

Well,I have the hatch gutted. I cant really go any further back there until Jack M. sent me my steel truck closure panel.....So , I just kinda wait. I dont know if anyone can tell or not,but Im not great at waiting.  :-\

do it he loves borrowing daytona parts and replacing them  LOL

I could send him yours Stuart.  :D
go ahead he has quite abite of my parts already
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Actually guys,Im gonna hold off atleast for now. Jack says he will be done with mine at the begining of the week. So for now Im just gonna busy myself with plenty of of other work.....If it comes down to it though, I will look one of you up.

Thanks Guys!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on October 30, 2009, 01:47:04 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on October 30, 2009, 01:01:57 PM
:popcrn: :popcrn:  :drool5: Plug in yet....got the fenders converted........whats going on :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5:

Well,I have the hatch gutted. I cant really go any further back there until Jack M. sent me my steel truck closure panel.....So , I just kinda wait. I dont know if anyone can tell or not,but Im not great at waiting.  :-\

do it he loves borrowing daytona parts and replacing them  LOL

I could send him yours Stuart.  :D
go ahead he has quit abite of my parts already

......and I do appriciate them Stuart. Should be done with them soon.

The hatch that Im using also came from Tom (blown70) on the site here. He gave me one hell of a deal!! Thanks again Tom
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Blown70

:2thumbs:  No problem, was takin up space at the time.... hope it cleaned up well....

BTW, I am certain to need some advice down the road..... ohhh and of course if you have that one with out the window and trip for my pro-street.... :D

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on October 30, 2009, 01:56:33 PM
:2thumbs:  No problem, was takin up space at the time.... hope it cleaned up well....

BTW, I am certain to need some advice down the road..... ohhh and of course if you have that one with out the window and trip for my pro-street.... :D
me too , they were just laying around collecting dust , dont have any money to work on my car right now so you might as well get some use out of my parts.  Anytime buddy .     

Charger-Bodie

My Dad and I worked on the nose a little today...We Hammer welded the ton of unwanted worm hole with the torch.....It looks better.

hotrod98

That's looking pretty good. I need to bring the nose off of my bird to you. It was tweaked a little back in the 80's.  My metal work lacks something to be desired so I probably won't be able to improve it much. Tom kind of hammered around on this one when he bought the car back in '83 and it doesn't look all that bad really.
My plan is to buy a steel nose from Gean Gregory to save, just in case I ever need it. He won't be building them forever.

Charles Addams

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hotrod98 on November 07, 2009, 04:41:18 PM
That's looking pretty good. I need to bring the nose off of my bird to you. It was tweaked a little back in the 80's.  My metal work lacks something to be desired so I probably won't be able to improve it much. Tom kind of hammered around on this one when he bought the car back in '83 and it doesn't look all that bad really.
My plan is to buy a steel nose from Gean Gregory to save, just in case I ever need it. He won't be building them forever.

Yeah, Im definitely blessed that my Dad is a great metal man. I mean I can do OK myself,but to watch him with metal is like watching a magician. He can pick and file stuff and use zero filler and usually in less time then alot of bodymen can cave n pave a dent.

69 OUR/TEA

Looks real nice!!!!Definitely a good skill to have!!!!!

hemi68charger

Man,, look at Dad going to town on that nose............. Can't wait to see that white and red............ Great color combo............

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

Your progress is going very well............. Congrats!!!! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

200MPH

Charger

The70RT

Some of these metal magicians on here cease to amaze me  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

General_01

Quote from: The70RT on November 11, 2009, 12:25:59 PM

You must be a hard guy to impress. :icon_smile_big: Do you mean NEVER cease to amaze you?
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

The70RT

Quote from: General_01 on November 11, 2009, 05:01:42 PM
Quote from: The70RT on November 11, 2009, 12:25:59 PM

You must be a hard guy to impress. :icon_smile_big: Do you mean NEVER cease to amaze you?

Yeah my bad  :slap: haha
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68RT4ME

Wow, I just started to read this thread tonight from start to finish.Well, at least to this point. I have to say Brian that your work on this car is nothing short of amazing. When I looked at what you started out with, I thought you may be crazy but your actually a bodywork guru. I can only dream of doing what your doing here and it's a pleasure to watch the progress. Looking forward to the rest of the story.  :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

moparstuart

ok brian now that you and the master of metal have the experience .  What can you do for my nose cone .  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :smilielol:

Charger-Bodie

Looks like you would need a new lower center section and the rest atleast from the looks of the pics would probably live......The only problem atleast for the finish work is that it should have the internals in place for fitment and alignment.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 12, 2009, 05:11:50 PM
Looks like you would need a new lower center section and the rest atleast from the looks of the pics would probably live......The only problem atleast for the finish work is that it should have the internals in place for fitment and alignment.
yeah another chunk out of my wallet , I 'm slowly buying the internals . one part at a time  LOL

Charger-Bodie

Been a while....... I got the trunk lid mounted to the hinges today. Fits pretty good. Now if I only had a deck lid closure panel.  :brickwall:

moparstuart

hotrod98

Looks like it fits pretty good. :2thumbs:

Who made your hinges?

Charles Addams