News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Colts JUGGERNAUGHT keeps rolling on...

Started by Afflyer, November 20, 2005, 09:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

What a great match-up this afternoon!  Two very evenly matched teams for the most part and what a helluva first half!!!  I must say though, that my favorite team allowed the Bengals to put too many points on the board.  I was very impressed the the Bengals offensive line, as they made some great plays against the defense of the Colts, but you just had to be amazed by Peyton and the offensive line of the Colts.  Although I missed the first quarter of this game due to the ensuing overtime between Baltimore and Pittsburgh (I was very relieved to see the Ravens with that game).

Now it's an ABC Monday night match up against the Steelers. 

Keeping my fingers crossed, as I sport my #18 jersey and team ballcap each Sunday...

GO COLTS GO!!!!
Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

twilt

Juggernaught? what game did you watch? I saw a over-hyped defense surrender almost 500 yards, 6.3 yards per rush, and only get 1 sack. looked like the Indy defenses of the recent past.  with all that said, i dont debate that Indy is probably the best team in the league. However, i see that more as a result of the parity/mediocrity of the league rather than Indy being a dominating team. sure wish i could make a brash statement about my Steelers right now but i will pass. having Tommy Maddox play QB for your team for a few weeks is a brutal lesson in humility.

69_500

I watched the game as well, with a bunch of other supposed Colts fans. When the colts when down the field early, and scored their second touchdown (albiet after getting a horrible call for pass interference when the corner didn't even touch the receiver) they all said "that will do in the Bengals. They are done for now".

If it wasn't for 2 penalties in the first half against the bengals, the pass interference refernced above, and the holding penalty they had on their 4th drive they would have been up by 10 at the half. Figure the pass interference was on a 3rd and 12, so the Colts would have to kick a field goal. So make the score 10-3.

It was a great game to watch. I however saw a very vulnerable defense on the colts behalf. They are going to match up with another big offensive line next week with the steelers. Which is a team that doesn't pass the ball 30 times a game, so look for the Steelers to also average about 5 yards a carry against the smaller colts defensive line.

Afflyer

Quote from: 69_500 on November 21, 2005, 09:40:31 AM
I however saw a very vulnerable defense on the colts behalf.
:iagree:
69 and Twilt, I agree with you on the Colt's defense in yesterday's game.   But didn't I mention how weak I thought they were when I wrote this tread?   Again, I missed the entire first quarter as the CBS market down here in the Florida panhandle continued to show the OT between Pittsburgh and Baltimore.   I can't comment on things I didn't see.

As-far-as the comments I've read on various threads on the Colts mediocre teams they've played thus far and what teams they have coming up, I would agree with them, but only to a certain point.   Most pre-game shows I watched yesterday morning stated Cinci as the favored team.   They'll all probably say the same about Pittsburgh next weekend too (regardless of their injured quarterback).  

I'm just happier than a lark, that my favorite team is no longer an underdog, as they have been for God knows how many years now.   The Colts have paid their dues and lets just say "it's time" for them to get the Lombardi trophy this season.

I just pray that this year, my beloved Colts do.

Bradley; a transplanted Indiana farmboy and damn proud Hoosier.

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

69_500

It would be a good thing for the city of Indy to finally have a championship for any sport here. I don't think that the Bengals were favored on Sunday. However there were quite a few pre game shows that had someone picking the Bengals to upset the Colts.

nh_mopar_fan

Indy was favored yesterday by anywhere from 5-6 points depending on which line you wanted. I didn't see a spread that had Cincy favored.

I don't think that Indy has been an "underdog" for quite a few years. In fact, if my memort serves me, they may actually have been favored over the Pats in Gillette last year in the playoffs.

They've had 4-5 games where they've been favored by 2 TDs or more! They were giving Houston 18 points.

please, they are hardly underdogs this year.

Afflyer

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 21, 2005, 02:03:47 PM

I don't think that Indy has been an "underdog" for quite a few years.

please, they are hardly underdogs this year.

They've had many more "lean" years since moving to Indy than otherwise.  I recall a great season in '95 while I was stationed in the Azores.  Since Peyton joined the club in '98 things have only gotten better and better.  But there were plenty of times you could buy a ticket to a home game real cheap, cause they just weren't filling the seats of the Hoosier Dome, such as the late eighties and early nineties.

Bradley

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

69_500

Oh there was plenty of times you could pick up a Cheap Colts ticket just a few years ago. Even long after Peyton got here. Only last season and this year, have the Colts tickets actually gotten a little harder to come by.

The first two seasons Peyton was here I believe they were 3-13 both years right?

Afflyer

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2005, 10:25:33 AM

The first two seasons Peyton was here I believe they were 3-13 both years right?

Yeah, 69 500, I'm almost positive you're right.  Although, I recall one year they had "bookend" wins with a season of 2-13 or 2-14...what a memorable season THAT was!

On an un-related note 69- that pic of your wife and son in your Charger is cool.  My little one year old MoPar-Chic of a  daughter just isn't ready for a pic like that.  Soon though! 

:devil:

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

smasherofall

They were 3-13 Peytons 1st yr, then 13-3 the second, when they got the Edge

69_500

I wasn't aware that you had a daughter? I have only seen you at car shows by yourself. I don't think I have ever seen you there with anyone. Then again I still haven't ever seen your car either. I always see you riding shotgun in the Challenger.

smasherofall

I have a son and a step-daughter that I consider mine. Here's a pic of my charger a couple years ago, before the new trunk floors, 1/4 panels and such:

smasherofall

oh, and no more challenger shotgun, he sold it and got a 68 satillite 'vert he wants to clone into a roadrunner.

69_500

He sold the challenger to get a what? Is he crazy?

Oh well to each their own. It was pretty decent little challenger. I hope he got a decent amount of out it.