News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for pics of Subwoofer installs

Started by ronwest, July 20, 2009, 09:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwest

Anyone have any good pics of different type of subwoofer installs-custom enclosures?
:drool5:

dodgert68

We'll have some posted soon of the enclosure we're putting in the Make a Wish car keep checking my web site www.allclassicsrestoration.com

Foreman72

there is a guy named defiance on here who has a 3rd gen thats got a pretty tricked out audio system
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mauve66

i used free air subs back in 94, guess they won't work for a 2nd gen though
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

jb666

Oh man, the days of free air subs... I remember turning the trunk of my '72 Grand Prix into a sub enclosure.. Sounded good, too!!

I'm an audio/video freak.. I like to go overboard..

With that said, I'm having a box designed for the back of the GL that (when the trunk is opened) will look like an old case of moonshine. It'll be (2) 12's in a ported box. The amps will be behind the rear seat area.. All in all, I'm not interested in anything looking like a killer system back there..

Now, my '06 is a different story, you pop the truck the system's in your face, but the car's not a classic...

I'll post the pics when mine's closer to being done.  :cheers:

Foreman72

Quote from: jb666 on July 21, 2009, 05:59:11 PM
Oh man, the days of free air subs... I remember turning the trunk of my '72 Grand Prix into a sub enclosure.. Sounded good, too!!

I'm an audio/video freak.. I like to go overboard..

With that said, I'm having a box designed for the back of the GL that (when the trunk is opened) will look like an old case of moonshine. It'll be (2) 12's in a ported box. The amps will be behind the rear seat area.. All in all, I'm not interested in anything looking like a killer system back there..

Now, my '06 is a different story, you pop the truck the system's in your face, but the car's not a classic...

I'll post the pics when mine's closer to being done.  :cheers:
holy crap man...thats gonna be awesome
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

lisiecki1

this is my 73 around '99-2000....everything was done over the course of one weekend and took approximately 26 hours including building the box and mounting the stereo and all components and speakers in the whole car.

2 - 4" pioneer in dash

2 - 3 way 6 1/2" pioneer in doors

2 - 4 way 6 x 9 pioneer in back mounted in pedestals for more clearance in the trunk

Pioneer detachable face cd player in dash

12 disk pioneer changer

2 - 10" IMPP pioneer in custom sealed box

2 - pioneer 150 watt 2 channel for front and rear speakers

3 way active crossover

Phoenix Gold M50 for subs

1.0 farad capacitor for sub amp
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

defiance

Sorry, I've been away for a while, so I didn't see this topic til now :)  Anyway, mine's still very much a wip.  Here's what it used to look like:

Then I decided I wanted to do something a bit more special :)  here's the box for it (still uninstalled to this day)

And as a side note, here's the dash modification I finished up recently, makes the stereo MUCH more convenient, and houses a hard drive for my tunes as well :)

KWS

Here's the trunk of my '72. All KICKER audio speakers and components.

Here's my '70 Duster:

I don't have any pics of my '69, but it has a nice stereo in the trunk too.

lisiecki1

AHHHHHHH! kenny, you ass!  now i feel bad  :rofl:  did the same a/v company do all the cars?

just curious how often you actually get to drive them also?

hope life's treating you well......when's the next c.d. coming out??
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html