News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 500 clone

Started by charge-it, July 19, 2009, 11:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

Has anyone on this site or someone you know ever build a 69 Charger 500 clone using a regular 69 Charger? If so, post some pics if you have them. I'm always day dreaming about finding a nice 69 318 Charger and making my own 69 Charger 500. Missed out on the craigslist 69 500. I saw someone already had a deal in the works and didn't want to step into any on going negotiations, I just don't operate that way. That car was at the top of my price range, but it shows that they still can be bought reasonably once in a while.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

A383Wing

hotrod98

Haven't seen anyone build a 500 clone, but one of my friends is using a 68 Coronet grille in his 68 Charger. More of a cost issue than anything else since he dosn't have a 68 Charger grille and they're very expensive. He found a very nice 68 Coronet grille and a pair headlamp bezels on ebay a year or so ago for around $100. He's going to fab up the stuff to make it work. I think it'll look great. When a 68 Charger has the headlamp doors open, it kind of looks like a 68 Coronet grille anyway.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams