News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

July 16, 1969

Started by Todd Wilson, July 16, 2009, 11:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

BrianShaughnessy

I was 8.   
We stayed up as late as possible watching Apollo liftoffs and the moon missions.   :patriot:
It was great.

And pretty shortly... some idiot will post how the missions were all faked  ::)
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

moparnole

That video gives me an idea as to what I want to power my Charger eventually :scratchchin:

Khyron

I was't even an Itch in my daddys pants :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

73chgrSE

Still amazing after all these years.

Chad L. Magee

I personally know one of the scientists that was allowed to analyze moon dust and rock samples for NASA that they brought back from the various moon missions.  He told me that very few people got the chance to "touch the moon" back in the day.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

dkn1997

I was in my mom's belly...born November of 69
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

I was 12, 'n while watching the tube (mostly NBC T.V. for the three days the coverage was on),.. i was building a 1/16 scale MPC ZL-1 Corvette,.. B.F.G. Stars and Stripes Corvette. Radials were pretty new back then and just comming on the market. That car and the moon landing will forever be linked in my soul.  :yesnod:
    :scratchchin: That model won some contests back then though i no clue now as to where it ended up...  :shruggy:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Khyron on July 16, 2009, 12:45:18 PM

I always have said if you can remember the moon landing you are old! HAHA!    :nana:

Todd

Daytona R/T SE

I was six.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Todd, If I lived as close as you do to the Cosmosphere, they would NEVER get me out of there :coolgleamA:

Daytona R/T SE

Y'all DO realize that the Saturn V rocket is a product of the Chrysler Corporation, don't you?  :nono:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 16, 2009, 11:38:06 PM
I was six.

Todd, If I lived as close as you do to the Cosmosphere, they would NEVER get me out of there :coolgleamA:

HAHA!  Yeah  but it gets old after a while. It is about time to go check it out again.  In the winter when the tree's lose their leaves I can see the rockets!

Todd

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 16, 2009, 11:47:05 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on July 16, 2009, 11:38:06 PM
I was six.

HAHA!  Yeah  but it gets old after a while. It is about time to go check it out again.  In the winter when the tree's lose their leaves I can see the rockets!

Todd

I only got to spend an afternoon there, we did it and the salt mine in one day.

NOT enough time.

Next time, I'm spending a week at the Cosmosphere.

Might have to leave the ol' lady home for that one.

CiCi's pizza was awesome,too... :2thumbs:

chargergirl

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on July 16, 2009, 04:38:34 PM
I personally know one of the scientists that was allowed to analyze moon dust and rock samples for NASA that they brought back from the various moon missions.  He told me that very few people got the chance to "touch the moon" back in the day.....

That's amazing! It was a big deal in my house. We made popcorn, sat in front of the TV, glued to every second. And yeah I'm ancient!
Trust your Woobie!

LeadfootBob

The part that saddens me, truly saddens me, is that it's been 37 years since we landed humans on another celestial body.
Maybe I just read too much science fiction, but where's the lunar colony, the asteroid mining stations, the unified space research effort? Compared to annual global defense budgets, the amount doled out to research needed for mankind to leave this planet and spread (something I'd say will become a requirement if we're to survive as a race at this rate) is ridiculous...  :Twocents:
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Todd Wilson

I only got to spend an afternoon there, we did it and the salt mine in one day.

NOT enough time.

Next time, I'm spending a week at the Cosmosphere.

Might have to leave the ol' lady home for that one.

CiCi's pizza was awesome,too... :2thumbs:

Never did eat there. I dont think its open any more.

Todd

Rigs

:scratchchin: :shruggy: :stirthepot:

jb666

Wow!! A few months from that date my father said "OOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!!!!!!!!!!"

NHCharger

I remember watching that. Hard to believe that the computers we are using to type these posts are 5 times more powerful than the ones used aboard Eagle 1.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Mike DC

As to the fake landing issue -

Just reconcile yourself to the idea that NASA probably staged some of those gorgeous clear publicity photos of the moon landing.  Possibly even some video footage too.  If you buy into this one relatively plausible idea, it already explains the majority of all the conspiracy arguing points.  

It was a complex mission from a complex era.  It wouldn't surprise me if the official story has been somewhat "polished" in places, but that doesn't mean it was all faked.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

PocketThunder

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 19, 2009, 05:03:34 PM

As to the fake landing issue -

Just reconcile yourself to the idea that NASA probably staged some of those gorgeous clear publicity photos of the moon landing.  Possibly even some video footage too.  If you buy into this one relatively plausible idea, it already explains the majority of all the conspiracy arguing points.  

It was a complex mission from a complex era.  It wouldn't surprise me if the official story has been somewhat "polished" in places, but that doesn't mean it was all faked.

On their argument about the flag.  Maybe there wasnt enough gravity to pull the lightweight flag so that it hangs down..?  possible?  i dont know, just thinking out loud.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Tilar

Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 16, 2009, 09:45:03 PM

I always have said if you can remember the moon landing you are old! HAHA!    :nana:

Todd

I resemble that remark.   :lol:  I was 12 at the time.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparstuart

Quote from: Tilar on July 20, 2009, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 16, 2009, 09:45:03 PM

I always have said if you can remember the moon landing you are old! HAHA!    :nana:

Todd

I resemble that remark.   :lol:  I was 12 at the time.  :2thumbs:
IWAS one  LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mauve66

Russia was making better progress than we were for awhile there and if they had gotten to the moon first it would of come out that they were "better/stronger" than the US and we couldn't have that. as soon as we "said we had done it, they stopped trying to go

another thing is that several photos of different areas of the moon have EXACTLY the same background as other photos from different trips

i don't believe everything i'm told on the tv or in the paper but if its told on a MOPAR forum then it must be gospel :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment